The AR-15

Reading this thread, its easy to understand why the US is in such trouble...you guys are nuts

Agree. When the second amendment was written, oh so long ago, our founding fathers did not know where this would lead to. Gang bangers, terrorists, drug wars, shootings inside schools.

Clearly, people cannot handle the responsibility, so something needs to change.

Bash me all you want but America has an issue. This is not 1791. And it is becoming obvious that not everyone should have a right to a weapon.

Agree. When the second amendment was written, oh so long ago, our founding fathers did not know where this would lead to. Gang bangers, terrorists, drug wars, shootings inside schools.

Bash me all you want but America has an issue. This is not 1791. And it is becoming obvious that not everyone should have a right to a weapon.

So what about the people who can and do handle the responsibility?

So what about the people who can and do handle the responsibility?

Then they have that right. Somehow, it needs to be sorted. Stricter gun laws, laws where guns can be kept, mental health reviews, training courses and getting illegal weapons off the street.

Then they have that right. Somehow, it needs to be sorted. Stricter gun laws, laws where guns can be kept, mental health reviews, training courses and getting illegal weapons off the street.

I can agree to some of that as long as I'm allowed access to all of these alleged "military weapons" that Clinton keeps going on about.

Where are they at?

I would like to purchase one.

You southerners are the fucking liberals. With all your yammering about rights and free speech and bearing arms to protect yourself against right wing tyrannical governments. The only thing right wing about you lot is your capitalist economy. Your governance is lefty. Your social policies are lefty. Up here we are center right. Only our social policies are lefty.

Bunch of liberal lefty whiners.

http://www.targetmap.com/ThumbnailsReports/9731_THUMB_IPAD.jpg

I can agree to some of that as long as I'm allowed access to all of these alleged "military weapons" that Clinton keeps going on about.

Where are they at?

Why would you like to do that?

A weapon does not become non-military just because it no longer can fire full auto. An AR is a military style weapon. That only wannabes would like to own. I'll take a Baker rifle any day if I wanted a military weapon.

A weapon does not become non-military just because it no longer can fire full auto. An AR is a military style weapon. That only wannabes would like to own. I'll take a Baker rifle any day if I wanted a military weapon.

No military in the entire world has ever used the AR 15.

It's not like an AR 15 could ever fire full auto, they are designed as semi-auto only, in other words, they can not "spray" bullets, or or any of the other ridiculous claims of Clinton and anti-gun nuts.

Where are they at?

Don't know. I also have not been listening to Clinton speak as of late, it is like nails on a chalk board for me.

I am not anti-gun, just some folks take it too far.

I grew up with guns all over the house. I never have felt the need to own one. It is not a hobby of mine, I have never had a break in, I have not been assaulted or mugged (YET) I have not felt in danger, and I don't hunt. So for me, it is not something I need.

Don't know. I also have not been listening to Clinton speak as of late, it is like nails on a chalk board for me.

I am not anti-gun, just some folks take it too far.

I grew up with guns all over the house. I never have felt the need to own one. It is not a hobby of mine, I have never had a break in, I have not been assaulted or mugged (YET) I have not felt in danger, and I don't hunt. So for me, it is not something I need.

I don't encourage people to own guns unless they want to. I'd just appreciate the same being said of those who want to take the things I enjoy owning from me.

Let's say you really liked TVs, or cars, or a specific knitting needle, or a watch, or a phone, or a type of kitchen knife... and all of a sudden, people began telling you that it was inappropriate and that you couldn't own it.

It might be offensive, especially if the people who wanted to ban this item were going mainly on the looks of it, and they couldn't even identify the issues they were having with it, just that it was "bad".

I ascribe the the general notion of live and let be. I don't bother other people, I mind my business, and I enjoy my life.

I do agree that a lot of gun culture is gross. I don't like most of it. I lived in a state with a lot of gun culture, and I did not like most of those people. I made friends with the people who were more like me, who respected the use and care of guns, and who liked to do it as an enjoyable hobby.

But the culture around guns can be changed, if it's realized that there are a lot of gun owners who aren't those people... I am one of them. I know a lot of other people who are also turned off by the macho racist gun culture... But they like guns.

I exist in more than one world. Just liek you do, and just like everyone else in this thread does.

I see the current "gun control" debate as intentionally decisive, to keep us from noticing things like our wages are deflating at a steady pace, and that the banks and rich people are making more and more money at the expense of everyone else.

It's a smoke screen, and I don't buy into it. I hope you won't either.

No one needs a gun! Unless your laws and government are weak assed mockeries. Or you are some wannabe or scared pussy assed bitch.

Hunters don't need guns. They want guns. Slight difference. You can kill a moose with a crossbow just as easily as with a gun.

No one needs a gun! Unless your laws and government are weak assed mockeries. Or you are some wannabe or scared pussy assed bitch.

Hunters don't need guns. They want guns. Slight difference. You can kill a moose with a crossbow just as easily as with a gun.

No one needs a TV, or a car either.

They are the luxuries of living in a free society.

One that we have an obligation to uphold... IMHO.

Daily, I believe you are responsible and should have your right to have arms.

These people are the ones that need to be stopped. http://boston.cbslocal.com/2016/07/...assault-rifles/?cid=facebook_WBZ_|_CBS_Boston

Timing, as it just showed up on my FB feed.

While the guy sounds like a scum bag, I'm not sure I buy the story of someone replying "lots of them" when asked if he had weapons in his vehicle, if he's a felon. The story doesn't add up as written, but I agree that this guy shouldn't have been in possession of guns.

What I don't understand, is why he was only charged with felony weapons possession if what the article states is true.

He violated numerous federal laws, regardless of anything else (based on the length of the weapons, the grenade launcher (unless it's a flare launcher), the silencers, and so forth. Why wasn't he charged with those?

This is what they're claiming they found on him based on another article:

Police found Kurtzer was carrying a 10 ½-inch knife, chemical spray, $6,000 in cash, 15 rounds of ammunition in various calibers and a pill bottle containing Adderall and Suboxone, the complaint said. He told the officers he did not have a permit for the ammunition. /
Something doesn't add up. Why would he be carrying 15 rounds of ammunition but no gun? Why wasn't he charged with the 100 other things he could have been charged with?

http://www.patriotledger.com/news/2...s-cache-of-weapons-in-felons-home-in-weymouth

When will you finally realize that very few, if anyone is interested in your bloviating about guns or what you think is wrong with the US? If you don't have something intelligent or interesting to share, maybe you should consider shutting the fuck up.

So every licensed conceal carry holder is "not responsible" according to you?

If that's what you're claiming, every state in the country disagrees with you.

Thats pretty much what I'm saying...fucking bozo's carrying guns around the city...duh

Bullshit. The issue America has is one of crime, which has nothing to do with the lawful right to own a firearm. Gangbangers, terrorists and cartel flunkies are not engaged in lawful activities.

The left likes to blur the issues to achieve their goals. The 2A was never about hunting deer, running drugs or committing terrorist acts. It was to enshrine the people's right in the future to overthrow their government should it ever turn tyrannical, period.

Thats pretty much what I'm saying...fucking bozo's carrying guns around the city...duh

I didn't realize you were such a fringe radical.

Good thing I enjoy the comforts of a the rule of law, where opinions like yours are worth less than the fractions of pennies that scant bytes of storage used to contain them cost.

So maybe cut back on the guns a bit so the cops don't have to be scared to death of everybody they want to talk to and they can be a bit more focused on actual criminals

Bullshit. The issue America has is one of crime, which has nothing to do with the lawful right to own a firearm. Gangbangers, terrorists and cartel flunkies are not engaged in lawful activities.

The left likes to blur the issues to achieve their goals. The 2A was never about hunting deer, running drugs or committing terrorist acts. It was to enshrine the people's right in the future to overthrow their government should it ever turn tyrannical, period.

You're confusing neo-liberals with leftists. The two are not the same thing.

I didn't realize you were such a fringe radical.

Good thing I enjoy the comforts of a the rule of law, where opinions like yours are worth less than the fractions of pennies that scant bytes of storage used to contain them cost.

I'm just getting tired of all the yip yapping back and forth and nobody actually thinking of a solution

Back