The Ladies' Room

Tea we have--do you take milk or lemon?
Cookies (should I say biscuits?) are on the table.
Just remember, we don't repeat gossip--so please speak clearly the first time!
:rose:

tea-party-vintage-236x300.jpg

Lemon, please. Thank you. Oh wow! Thanks for the biscuits/cookies. I have brought cupcakes. :D

veganbakesale-cupcake-box-570x282.jpg

Indie and cakes...two words so often in the same sentence....:D

afternoon all!:rose:

Today I am truly sad. Of all the places I could say that this is about the only one where it will make sense I think.
Someone is dying. Someone I've never met, who shouldn't really mean anything to me I suppose. For years he's been a voice on the phone, always saying the same thing and always making me smile. The truth is that there isn't any reason I should have been anything to him other than the person who took his call and passed it along to the one he wanted to talk to.
Of all the people who call here every day, all the ones to whom I'm just a voice they have to get past, he never once treated me that way.
The thought that I will never again pick up the phone and hear "Hey there girl, it's ol' David" brings tears to my eyes.
The people who truly knew him won't understand why I'm so terribly sad at his passing. Honestly I'm not so sure why it has touched me so much.
But today I am very truly sad.

Today I am truly sad. Of all the places I could say that this is about the only one where it will make sense I think.
Someone is dying. Someone I've never met, who shouldn't really mean anything to me I suppose. For years he's been a voice on the phone, always saying the same thing and always making me smile. The truth is that there isn't any reason I should have been anything to him other than the person who took his call and passed it along to the one he wanted to talk to.
Of all the people who call here every day, all the ones to whom I'm just a voice they have to get past, he never once treated me that way.
The thought that I will never again pick up the phone and hear "Hey there girl, it's ol' David" brings tears to my eyes.
The people who truly knew him won't understand why I'm so terribly sad at his passing. Honestly I'm not so sure why it has touched me so much.

This is so sad!

Maybe the people who truly know him would understand it. They will know how he behaves around, talks too, and cares for other people. Even if they are just a voice on the phone to him.

((:)rose:)))

This is so sad!

Maybe the people who truly know him would understand it. They will know how he behaves around, talks too, and cares for other people. Even if they are just a voice on the phone to him.

((:)rose:)))
Thank you for that.
I'm sure all his friends and family know very well what a loss he will be.
My sadness is a small thing next to their grief. There will be a time when I can share with some of them the fact that a bit of the light went out of my day with his passing. For now they are still struggling with the end.
My heart breaks for them.

Back