The Stranger (Closed for heartofcourage)

Jen smiled as he kissed her knuckles, making her actually blush as he went off to check the camp. She watched him go off into the twilight until she couldn't see him any longer before she went back to her meal. She finished what was left, drinking the rest of her water before she turned to take care of her dishes. Once everything was cleaned and put away, she decided to go back to bed. It would be a long day tomorrow and the longer she stayed up, the more she was likely to make mistakes.
 
Last edited:
By the time he finished his rounds he came to a silent camp. He got into the tent and zipped it close behind him, stripping off his clothing he got into his sleeping bag and lay for a while staring at the dark roof and then he turned over and closed his eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He woke up early as usual, he stretched as best as the sleeping bag allowed and sat up. Working slowly and making sure that his clothing had not become home for a creature during the evening, he got dressed and slipped out of the tent. After fixing the water and getting out the makings for breakfast, he waited for the water to boil, then he made two cups of coffee, fixing her's up as he had seen she liked it and headed back to the Jeep. Placing the cups on the wide footboard on the back, he climbed up into the tent, luckily it only took a light shake to wake her up,

"Time to get up princess, better put on something warm, the air will get a little chilly."

He gave her a smile and then slipped back out of the tent, giving her the privacy she needed.
 
Jen woke with a slight start as she felt her foot being gripped. She thought for a moment that an animal might have had her, but when she heard Dave's voice and she blew out a soft sigh of relief. She sat up, glancing at him as he smiled at her and then disappeared again. The man had a smile that could set anyone alight, she thought to herself as she set about checking her clothing before pulling on what she would need that morning.
 
Soft rustlings inside the tent made him wonder what it looked like while she got dressed...he just shook his head, those kind of thoughts would only get him into trouble. When her head appeared, he hefted one of the cups and in a sing-song voice chanted,

"Come and get it while it's hot, there is nothing like a good one in the morning."

He gave her a wide grin and waited for her to descend.
 
"Hmmm...a handsome man offering me coffee....I think I died and went to heaven last night. Are you sure that nothing creepy or crawly got into the tent and bit me?" Jen asked with a grin as she slipped down from the tent and took the coffee from him with a sigh. "Thanks. Can't function without my first cuppa."
 
He just had to chuckle, "If they did, you'd have known it or at least you would have told us all about it in a full-voiced scream." He took a sip and motioned her to follow him, it wasn't a far hike, the rock formation even had a small path for them to follow, taking them to the top, allowing them to look out over the field. He sat down, facing East, "Have a seat, I'm sure you'll like this sunrise."
 
Jen laughed at his answer and followed him on their little hike. Sitting there on the rock formation, looking out over the Savannah as the sun just started to think about peeking up, she had to consider what she was doing right then. She was doing something out of the ordinary for her. She was comfortable enough with Dave to trust him completely.

"You know, you must be something special if you got me up before dawn to come out here to watch the sun rise. I don't get up before the sun unless someone is paying me." She commented, taking a sip of her coffee before she glanced over his direction.
 
He gave her a grin and lifted his cup, "I'm nothing special, but I do pay you to be here. Coffee made by my hand doesn't come cheap." He gave her a sassy grin and a wink, then turned his attention to the rising sun, watching how it coloured the sky starting at silver and ending at orange before it stuck it's head out. He smiled and saluted the small speck of light with his cup, "Good morning to you as well." He finished his coffee and leaned back, enjoying the first rays of light as they washed over him.

"It's an old belief. To greet the sun and thank it for shining. I just greet it." He turned his head to look at her, she really was a breath-taking woman and here she was, sharing something that he never shared with anybody else before. He loved how the new sun struck her and gave her a more ethereal look as the orange light washed over her.
 
Jen was entranced by the sun as it rose in deep oranges and rusty reds. It was certainly beautiful and might have just been worth waking up so early to enjoy it with Dave. She took another sip of her coffee and finally glanced back towards him, catching the way that he stared at her so intently.

"Thanks for showing me this." She said softly, all sarcasm and joking gone from her voice, leaving her with nothing but true sincerity.
 
He smiled at her, "Not many people who enjoy it." He looked back towards the field as the sun started to color the trees, grass and shot reflections off of the streams. "When I see this, I wonder why some people want to live in the concrete jungles." He finished his coffee and grimaced, "But then again, not everybody is suited to this kind of life." By now the sun had escaped from the horizon and he got to his feet, holding his hand to help her up, "Before the lot wake up and launch a search party for you."
 
"When I see this, I wonder why I live in a concrete jungle." Jen murmured as he finished his coffee and stood, offering his hand to stand.

She took it and gave him a grin, laughing as he talked about the crew sending out a search party. "Nah. They'd probably find someone even cheaper and ten times prettier if I disappeared."
 
He cocked an eyebrow, "Cheaper I believe, that other one?" He shook his head, "Nope. That is just impossible", he gave her a grin and took the lead, soon they were back in the camp. Breakfast was being made by the catering staff and for once he found himself without anything to do. So he did the next best thing and got himself another coffe before checking on their food stores.
 
Jen laughed softly and actually blushed as he told her that she was pretty. She followed him back to camp, taking a plate to eat before she headed off to makeup and costume. She kept finding herself checking on Dave though, seeking him out as he wandered around and checked on their food supplies. He made her smile and feel like no one had ever made her feel before. It was strange, she thought to herself, as she made her way to his side, a cup of coffee in her hands.

"So...you think I'm pretty?" She asked him, glancing at him with a grin on her face.
 
He only noticed Jen when she stood next to him, dressed in her costume and make-up, he smiled at her. "Well to be brutally honest with you, pretty will be a bit of an understatement, but I don't want to sound like some gushing fan out to get a time of day from you." Of course he could remember the kiss and her very willing participation, he didn't want to spoil that, if he got another chance, he wanted it with her as a very active member, not an obligatory reaction.

He gave her a grin, "Why? Don't you feel pretty? If not then they did your make-up wrong." He chuckled at his own joke and placed the clipboard aside, turning to face her, he picked up his own coffee and took a sip, "Seems like everybody is getting into character, I do hope you remember the sunscreen today, it's shaping up to be another day like yesterday." He reached behind him to slide the door closed, all he had to check out was the perishables
 
There was something about Dave that made Jen want him all the more. It was like he was playing hard to get even though he was being incredibly sincere as whatever was between them heated up with leaps and bounds. She laughed softly at his answer, glancing towards the others as he grinned at her.

"I'll tell you what....if a handsome park ranger promises to treat me to dinner tonight, I'll be on my best behavior and remember my sunscreen and water today." Jen murmured, looking back at him with a little grin of her own. "Because...I think he's kind of handsome and I might have a little bit of a crush on him."
 
I looked at her and tilted his head slightly, "Been called many things before, never handsome, so thank you", he smiled. "As for dinner, I am very certain that we can slip away for a nice private dinner. Just the three of us. You, me and Remy." He patted the rifle where it rested against the Jeep, then picked it up and slung it over his shoulder, "But I want absolute good behaviour or the deal is off." He gave a cheeky grin and motioned her to walk with him.

"I think that they should finish that sequence today, judging from humidity and the weather forecast, there might be some showers on the way. I know that they wanted a few shots in the rain, but I think that is best recreated in the studio." He paused at the fridge and freezer, checking out the food, "Will have to order in some milk." He looked around and saw that they were alone, he leaned close, "A little crush from you makes me feel all insecure and faulty." He smiled at her again, "But at least I know that we like each other."
 
"No one's ever called you handsome before? Well, I guess I'll have to let you know it more often." Jen said as he agreed to dinner as long as she behaved. "Well, as long as Remy doesn't come between us too often, I guess he can tag along."

Then he whispered to her about her crush making him feel insecure and faulty. She smiled sweetly at that confession and leaned in, just a mere inch away from him.

"Well, I'll confess to you that I don't give my heart away easily. I think you might be the kind of man that I can give it to though."
 
He stared into her lovely green eyes as she leaned closer to him, nobody was in earshot, but he was very aware that people could see them. He smiled, "And I will cherish it when that time comes." He searched her eyes, then made his move, "Make sure to behave and I'll add something extra to that dinner." He gave her a wink, then straightened and headed towards the group that was gathering, making sure that she came along.

A few curious glances met their arrival, but since they were in view the entire time, there was no question that they had only be talking. The drive to the previous day's location went by with idle chatter, he felt acutely aware of Jennifer as she sat next to him, talking with those behind her. Well to be honest, the wardrobe wasn't very concealing and though it didn't make her look slutty, it did allow much to look at. He smiled at his own thoughts and after they have arrived, he did the check for dangerous animals, gave the all-clear and took his seat.
 
"Oh, something extra? Well, I'll have to be on my extra best behavior." Jen murmured as they headed back towards the group that was gathering to head out.

She ignored the glances of the others, choosing instead to focus on her task at hand. It wasn't a grueling scene, but one that would require her concentration. The drive to the location, she spoke with the others in the backseat, aware that Dave's eyes would flick to her every so often, taking in the costume that she had been put in that day. It was revealing, but not overtly so. She was glad that it caught his attention though.

Once the area was cleared, she stepped from the jeep and handed her canteen to an assistant, ready to start her long day.
 
After the shock of how powerful the sun was the previous day, he was glad to see that more sunscreen was used. He moved about, staying out of shot, but doing his work, other than that he enjoyed the show. Remarkably very few retakes was made, must be the dulling heat and constant breaks. By the time that they were done, the sun was sinking towards the horizon. He was glad to see only hues of pink, most of it burns from yesterday.

The drive back was slightly muted, it had been a long, tiring day. Even he felt the strain of it and he wasn't even the one doing the acting. So far the movie seemed to handle about smuggling and how the female lead (that would be Jennifer) got caught up in the viscious claws of crime bosses. Dave stopped and waited for everybody to get out, then he disappeared from the camp for at least an hour, showing up just in time to help with dinner, he maneuvered himself close to Jennifer and whispered, "Don't eat." He flashed her a smile and moved away
 
Jen was exhausted by the time that they made it back to camp. She sat at the fire as dinner was being served, a glass of water in her hands when Dave suddenly appeared and whispered in her ear not to eat. She smiled to herself, but act as if nothing were amiss. She wondered what he had been up to, but she supposed that he would show her soon enough.
 
When all the food was ready and the people was busy getting their plates ready, he went over to Jennifer, motioning for her to come along with him, he led the way into the rapidly darkening area surrounding the camp. He flicked on his flashlight and took hold of her hand to help her over the rather rocky terrain. Soon enough they were following a winding route up a hillside and when they turned a corner, there stood a gazebo. It had soft light cast by gas lanterns, a metal folding table and two chairs with a casserole in the middle of the table.

Dave led the way to a chair and pulled it out for her, "It's not the Ritz, but it's the best I could come up with. I hope it will satisfy as a reward."
 
Jen paused when she saw what Dave had taken time to set up. She was a little stunned that he had pulled this off in such a short amount of time. Looking over her shoulder, she grinned at him, a soft laugh escaping her lips as he led the way and pulled out her chair for her.

"It's beautiful, Dave. Thank you." She murmured softly, watching as he moved to sit in his own spot. "I mean it. Absolutely lovely."
 
"Glad that you approve. You are the first person I have this for." He picked a bottle from a bucket, it dripped water, he opened the cap and poured two glasses. It was grape juice, red grape juice and that made it look like wine. He grinned and raised his glass in salute, then took a sip and uncovered the casserole, it held chicken baked in a chutney and mayonnaise sauce, pasta, potatoes and on the side a small bowl of salad.

"Your catering staff can be quite useful if given the right directions." He smiled and placed the lid aside, producing a spoon and stuck it into the aromatic sauce-covered noodles. "So Jennifer Collins, ask away, I am certain some questions are running through that mind of yours, I can see the question marks flickering in your eyes."
 
Jen had to laugh as Dave made light of the fact that he had set something like this up in the middle of nowhere for her and about how he had gotten the crew catering company to whip up a casserole just like that. She took her seat, saluting him with her own glass as she started to dish up their meal.

"I want to know what a man that has the capability of arranging all of this is doing here in the middle of nowhere working as a park guide." Jennifer said with a sly smile. "And just how have you managed to remain single when you are doing smashing at wooing a woman."
 
Back
Top