One Year Ago

MelissaBaby

Wordy Bitch
One year ago today, I got out of bed, checked on Lit, and saw that the first chapter of My Fall and Rise had been posted.

I was scared shitless. I thought I had done a pretty good job with it, but I wasn't sure. Even more, I was afraid that the reaction to my story would be negative. I felt like I might have made a mistake. After years of feeling rejected and alone, my life was on an upward track and here I was, virtually inviting more rejection.

But that is not what happened. I found many people, many of you here, who read my story and reached out to me with kindness and compassion. I won't name names, I might miss someone, and besides, you know who you are.

I don't post as much s I used to here, with work, school, writing, wedding plans; but I remember and I appreciate you.

Very nice work! Took the bad taste out of my mouth from that other story you and I attempted to read. :D

One year ago today, I got out of bed, checked on Lit, and saw that the first chapter of My Fall and Rise had been posted.

I was scared shitless. I thought I had done a pretty good job with it, but I wasn't sure. Even more, I was afraid that the reaction to my story would be negative. I felt like I might have made a mistake. After years of feeling rejected and alone, my life was on an upward track and here I was, virtually inviting more rejection.

But that is not what happened. I found many people, many of you here, who read my story and reached out to me with kindness and compassion. I won't name names, I might miss someone, and besides, you know who you are.

I don't post as much s I used to here, with work, school, writing, wedding plans; but I remember and I appreciate you.

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

youre-awesome-gif-24.gif

:heart:

I've mostly moved on from what I used to do that brought me in contact with a number of people at various stages of recovery. All of them made me smile for a wide variety of reasons. I hope the best for the ones that I don't have any reason to bump into anymore and when I think of them, I like to think of them making great strides towards freedom as you have. Statistically not a realistic bet, but you've been inspirational.

You obviously have some gifts and are polishing them well. Few people of any description, in or out of recovery actually utilize their potential. Nice to see it happening in you.

I've mostly moved on from what I used to do that brought me in contact with a number of people at various stages of recovery. All of them made me smile for a wide variety of reasons. I hope the best for the ones that I don't have any reason to bump into anymore and when I think of them, I like to think of them making great strides towards freedom as you have. Statistically not a realistic bet, but you've been inspirational.

You obviously have some gifts and are polishing them well. Few people of any description, in or out of recovery actually utilize their potential. Nice to see it happening in you.

Thank you, Que, I really appreciate that.

I feel I have the right to take some pride in myself, but I know that, more than anything, I owe my recovery to the fact that I had one person, my mother, who was always there, who never gave up hope for me even when I had none in myself, who always believed I would make something of myself someday.

I titled the last chapter of MFAR "I Believe" because believing in yourself is the most important factor in recovery. Even one person who shares that belief in your potential as a human being can make all the difference to someone struggling with recovery.

This might be hard to believe, but I don't like reading stories online.

But, I wrapped myself in a comfy blanket, had a nice cup of tea, and started reading your submission. Then I read the next one. And the next one.

And the next one (I had to make another cup of tea at this point).

You're a very talented writer, and your feelings definitely show through in your work. I definitely had goosebumps (still do).

:rose:

Back