that movie that everyone else hates but you like?

Star Wars: Attack Of The Clones

Eww. Just...why? I've seen that movie twice and honestly can't tell you one single positive thing about it. And the Boba Fett thing. Don't get me started. I hope the Fett movie ignores canon and takes from EU.

I have a feeling "Roll Bounce" gets panned, but I've seen that movie multiple times. It takes place in 1978 and involves a Roller Skate competition. This film makes me want to come of age in the 70s.

Bow Wow's solo skating scene is amazing! Gives me chills!

Bow Wow has some acting chops, he should have gone further.

Dune

I am a SciFi fan, and this is the epitome of hard science fiction. Many people don't like it, saying it is too long, or an overly elaborate space opera, but how can you not love the storyline, the characters, the drama? Truly one of the great movies of all time, and one I will gladly dive into every time I find it on TV.

I have a feeling "Roll Bounce" gets panned, but I've seen that movie multiple times. It takes place in 1978 and involves a Roller Skate competition. This film makes me want to come of age in the 70s.

Bow Wow's solo skating scene is amazing! Gives me chills!

Bow Wow has some acting chops, he should have gone further.

It wasn't panned, was fairly well received actually.
He has gone on to many acting roles.
I did come of age in the 70's. It wasn't like the movies. Same with any decade.

I did come of age in the 70's. It wasn't like the movies. Same with any decade.

Well, yes I realize that not all films accurately depict a time period, however many of those who came of age during the 70s said this is one of the most accurate depictions of that era. I wasn't born that time, so what do I know?

Last edited:
The Big Hit.

The acting is bad, the action is bad, and the plot is thin. But Lou Diamond Phillips cracks me up that entire movie.

I really enjoy that movie. I know a lot of people hate the acting in it but I thought those characters were all pretty hilarious. It is a fun little flick to go back and watch every couple of years.

Evolution and Idiocracy are two others I feel are also pretty underrated comedies.

labyrinth

I would never trust ANYONE who disliked Labyrinth.

Mine is Spiceworld. Not even ironically, I straight up love that objectively terrible movie.

One time I was watching the dude I was dating's kids, and they were in trouble for something, and he told me, "Kids run all over you, dude, so listen to me. No TV. No internet. They're gonna clean their room, and then they're gonna read or do something quiet. They're being punished."

And I was like, "I can be an adult. I know how punishments work."

These were little girls.

He came home, saw Spice Girls on in the living room, and like a sane person, assumed that I had been too soft, as I am want to do, and let them watch a movie, and then had them run back to their room when I heard the car pull up. It took me a good 15 minutes to convince him that I, the grown-ass adult man, had been watching Spiceworld, because there was no one else there to annoy with it. I started singing and shit.

To this day idk if he believed me. But we've since broken up so fuck it.

Dune

I am a SciFi fan, and this is the epitome of hard science fiction. Many people don't like it, saying it is too long, or an overly elaborate space opera, but how can you not love the storyline, the characters, the drama? Truly one of the great movies of all time, and one I will gladly dive into every time I find it on TV.

I feel like Dune might be good if you don't read the book first. That's one of those movies where if you read the book it pisses you off real bad.

I feel like Dune might be good if you don't read the book first. That's one of those movies where if you read the book it pisses you off real bad.

No it sucks if you've read them or not. When David Lynch doesn't want his name on it then you know there's a problem.
The TV movies did better by the books but were boring as hell.
They aren't unfilmable but you'd think so by how difficult it's been for them to make a good one.

That's cuz you're clearly impaired in some manner. No sane person would say such a thing.

It's true. I am impaired by having both a brain and a vagina.

Full disclosure: I have not seen the recent Star Wars movies. They might be fantastic, but I don't care.

I've never understood the appeal of any of the Star Wars movies.

Same. I saw the first one when it originally came out in the theatre. My dad took me. I honestly can't remember anything about it.
No desire to see any of the others.

I've also never seen Princess Bride. My ex owned it. Never wanted to watch it. It's a comedy? I loathe comedies.

My favorite that I watch about once a month, Squirm :D
My favorite line
I'm not a tourist, I'm a Libra.
That one gets me every time!

Same. I saw the first one when it originally came out in the theatre. My dad took me. I honestly can't remember anything about it.
No desire to see any of the others.

I've also never seen Princess Bride. My ex owned it. Never wanted to watch it. It's a comedy? I loathe comedies.

My favorite that I watch about once a month, Squirm :D
My favorite line
I'm not a tourist, I'm a Libra.
That one gets me every time!

We are exact opposites. I mostly watch comedies. It's because you can watch at them, like you don't have to just watch watch them.

Princess Bride is another one that is weirdly different from the book. But they're both good. I really like that movie, it's like Labyrinth in that it was one that I watched over and over when I was a kid. Also, my gramps would tell me bullshit stories like that, like almost exactly in that same style, even with all the rambly bullshit in the middle that is unnecessary and you stop him like, "So is this a love story or like... are we gonna go on this tangent about the discount zorro or like what are we doing?"

No it sucks if you've read them or not. When David Lynch doesn't want his name on it then you know there's a problem.
The TV movies did better by the books but were boring as hell.
They aren't unfilmable but you'd think so by how difficult it's been for them to make a good one.

That's fair, I guess. I read the books first and I genuinely didn't know the Dune movie was in theaters. I was too young to ever see it in theaters, so my whole life I thought that was a made-for-TV like TNT thing. Why are the production values so bad if it was meant for theaters? When did Dune even come out...

Holy shit 1984!? I was thinking it was gonna say like... mid 70s. This thing came out in the 80s!? The time of the blockbuster!? This shit was out there competing with Indian Jones, the Terminator, Legend, and Jim Henson and shit? Like... that... I don't mean to shit on Dune because I didn't think it was that bad, but I didn't think it was that bad because I thought it was a made-for-TV movie from the 70s. I didn't know this shit was out there competing against Clash of the Titans & Return of the Jedi. Mind blown.

loved the book

was disappointed by the movie but liked parts of it as well. a conflict i still can't get around. worst thing is when they do it to stephen king books - arg. really hoping the don't destroy the darktower series for me but then there's idris....:eek:

loved the book

was disappointed by the movie but liked parts of it as well. a conflict i still can't get around. worst thing is when they do it to stephen king books - arg. really hoping the don't destroy the darktower series for me but then there's idris....:eek:

We're 2 It's in and 0 Turtles so far.

Van Helsing.

The plot line and special effects are admittedly ridiculous, but I find it a fun watch anyways and like the actors they cast in it, especially Hugh Jackman. Honestly I enjoy anything with Hugh Jackman in it though, and he's done some pretty cheesy movies, so I could probably add quite a few more on here just with that.

I LOVE Dune!!!

Dune

Exactly. I am a hard core sci fi fan; have been since the 50's. I read Dune 4 times before the movie was ever thought of and I ABHOR THAT MOVIE! If I hadn't read the book first I might have enjoyed the movie, but the complicated, convoluted and tangled story line in the novel just can't be condensed into a 2+ hour movie. The mini series produced in 2000 came closer to following the book, but still erred (in a lesser degree) for the same reason the movie did. Another one that missed the mark (not quite so badly) was Enders Game. I do like that movie but it just can't hold up to the book.

So now that I've got that out of my gizzard, my guilty movie pleasure?

Big Trouble in Little China.

It's hokey and corny but for some reason I like it.

Comshaw

High Spirits

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_Spirits_(film)

Peter O'Toole in character as a drunk...

The film received negative reviews from critics, as it currently holds a 29% rating on Rotten Tomatoes based on 14 reviews. Daryl Hannah was nominated for a Razzie Award as Worst Supporting Actress, but lost to Kristy McNichol for Two Moon Junction.

And:

How To Stuff A Wild Bikini

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/How_to_Stuff_a_Wild_Bikini

Almost the last movie appearance of Buster Keaton.

The New York Times said it was "the answer to a moron's prayer".

75% of the movies people have listed range anywhere from cult status to being outright adored. "Movies that people hate?" Y'all are failing hard. :rolleyes:

Someone needs to come up with something like It's Pat: The Movie or Ballistic: Ecks vs Sever to save this thread. :D

Clay Pigeons

0e7282db-5036-41e1-b0f0-d117b776114c_1.e0af38510195cf28b96f7b5a9ff71660.jpeg

81XIwgwZg-L._SX342_.jpg

This one has not been mentioned. I'd guess that there's be some interested in nunsploitation.

Back