SRP Posts to Views Ratio

Can posts to views ratios be used as a measure of quality or at least popularity?

1:10 Adequate/Some what popular

1:20 Very good/Popular

1:30 Excellent/Very popular

Can poorly written be popular?

Can good writing skills carry a story that has limited popular appeal?

Does it matter? Do we write for our co-writers, Lit readers or both? What would be most important?

Alright, I wasn't going to weigh in on this because my opinion typically comes with a delivery that most find uncouth. But, fuck it.

No, none of that shit matters at all. At all. I've never given a shit about how many views my threads have received and neither should you. That's vanity to the max and score counting around here, while imminently popular, is fucking pointless.

You write for yourself or you're writing for the wrong reason.

This place is one of many places you can pour a little perversion out and not harm your reputation or shock the general populace. That's what it is and that's all that it is. If you want to write for a reader than you should consider taking a few dozen college courses and looking into writing pop-erotica. You're in the wrong place.

Half of the responses in here were so pretentious and full of it that I couldn't fucking help myself.
 
Oh do I?
That wouldn't make me much of a masochist though, would it?

*Thread derailment in progress*

You're such a flirt LI

This is pretty tame for us if we're calling it a derailment. Usually, you're tied to something and your mascara is running by now. Maybe we've both been away too long...
 
This is pretty tame for us if we're calling it a derailment. Usually, you're tied to something and your mascara is running by now. Maybe we've both been away too long...

Hey, we went off topic and i did say 'in progress'.
I could always smear my lipstick on your cock and we can really get this underway!
 
Nasty things derailments

https://youtu.be/vt-gpt5rWuA



So what kind of story would have the widest mass appeal? What are "most" folk looking for?

A 50 Shades type story? Obviously has some appeal to the masses. Bloodsuckers are apparently hot? Anything generic across those examples?
 
I completely understand the vanity in hoping others might indulge in reading your writing. I personally am a vain one. However using views to post ratios can be potentially misleading. While I use it to judge if my work has garnered any interest, I'm also careful to not "refresh" the page constantly. Your own "views" of your own thread is hardly another live person reading your work. And while I do have my vanity, I also have my pride that says I won't fool myself into thinking my work has someone reading unless that's actually true.

I keep all of my work subscribed so that I get notifications that the cowriter has responded. I also keep a separate copy of the entire thread in a google docs (with my own edits) in case I felt like re-reading the thread. It means that when I write a response to the thread it's based off of reading the copy in google docs, and only after I have a post written, do I open the thread up and post to it. This also saves me the heart ache of trying to type in a reply box and some unfortunate act of god like a power outage wipes out the hard work I wrote.

I do the same but I just use Notepad. I only visit thread to gather latest post from co-writer and if I can post back on same view.
 
Alright, I wasn't going to weigh in on this because my opinion typically comes with a delivery that most find uncouth. But, fuck it.

No, none of that shit matters at all. At all. I've never given a shit about how many views my threads have received and neither should you. That's vanity to the max and score counting around here, while imminently popular, is fucking pointless.

You write for yourself or you're writing for the wrong reason.

This place is one of many places you can pour a little perversion out and not harm your reputation or shock the general populace. That's what it is and that's all that it is. If you want to write for a reader than you should consider taking a few dozen college courses and looking into writing pop-erotica. You're in the wrong place.

Half of the responses in here were so pretentious and full of it that I couldn't fucking help myself.

Perhaps I would have been more diplomatic in my wording but here fucking here. I honestly don't care who reads my threads. My stories on Lit are another story, but even there my writing is mostly for me. Of course it's nice to get a pm from someone who appreciates my writing, who doesn't like validation but I write for the love of it. For the fun of it. Nothing more nothing less.
 
You may write for yourself but a well viewed story is a well reviewed story. No one will come back and read drivel. Vanity no, validation maybe. If your peers here at Lit don't read your stuff, chances are it is drivel. It's a free site so if you want to write drivel, you're perfectly free to. If the opinions of your peers means nothing that might be politely called a bit sociopathic.

My posted stories in Lit were written by request from specific people. The only person I was interested in who liked it was them.

The posted stories vary a lot in rating and views. Same author, similar rough sex plots, no change in writing style.
 
Clicks are just clicks.

I click on threads by accident, all the time - especially when I'm on my phone. (Insert insult about fat fingers here.)

I click on titles that pique my interest, and might stop reading after the first paragraph - either because the writing doesn't do it for me, or the kinks aren't to my taste.

I routinely click on the links of writers I love, AND those of writers I hate, just to remind myself why I love and hate them.

I'll click on anything, when I'm really bored.

If all these clicks make the participants of these threads feel good about their stories, fantastic! I am all for feeling good.

I'd be lying if I said I only write for myself, here. I do write primarily to please myself and my cowriter, but I am also aware that I'm presenting these stories in a public forum. I'd be lying if I tried to say that seeing the post view count rise isn't flattering - but I know that clicks are just clicks. They don't necessarily mean your story is being followed and every post devoured rapaciously.

It's fun to think so, but then I humble myself by assuming at least half of the clicks are mine, anyway. :eek:
 
If the opinions of your peers means nothing that might be politely called a bit sociopathic.

Well sometimes I like to share what the voices in my head tell me;)...and they just so happen to be pretty sophisticated.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top