Movie Quotes

logophile said:
"Something strange is afoot at the CircleK." Bill and Ted
Hi Logo, nice AV :kiss: Bill and Ted Rule!

"Be excellent to each other"

logophile said:
"Something strange is afoot at the CircleK." Bill and Ted

There used to be one near the parents' house. It was physically impossible to pass it without someone saying that.

BlackShanglan said:
There used to be one near the parents' house. It was physically impossible to pass it without someone saying that.

So they opened their big mouths and out came talk. Talk! TALK!

Norma Desmond (Gloria Swanson), Sunset Blvd.

[Talking to his psychiatrist about going to his high school reunion]
Marty: They all have husbands and wives and children and houses and dogs, and, you know, they've all made themselves a part of something and they can talk about what they do. What am I gonna say? "I killed the president of Paraguay with a fork. How've you been?"

Marty: If I show up at your door, chances are you did something to bring me there.

[to Debi's father, while fleeing from Grocer]
Marty: I was hired to kill you. But I'm not going to. It's either because I'm in love with your daughter or I have a newfound respect for life.
[In pursuing car]
Mr. Grocer: That punk's either in love with that guy's daughter or he's got a newfound respect for life.

Marty: You don't know my cat. It's very demanding.
Debi: "It"? You don't know if it's a boy or a girl?
Marty: I respect its privacy.

Mr. Newberry: What have you been doing with your life?
Marty: Uh... professional killer.
Mr. Newberry: Oh! Good for you, it's a... growth industry.

Martin Q. Blank: [Leaving a message on Dr. Oatman's machine] Dr. Oatman, please pick up, pick up! It's Martin Blank! I, I'm standing where my, uh, living room was and it's not here because my house is gone and it's an Ultimart! You can never go home again, Oatman... but I guess you can shop there.

[Repeated line]
Marty: It's not me.

Marty: [at the end of a running gun battle] You don't need to answer right now, but Debi, will you marry me?
Mr. Newberry: [pokes his head up from the bathtub] You got my blessing!

Quotes courtesy of Gross Point Blank

Debi: Everybody's coming back to take stock of their lives. You know what I say? Leave your livestock alone.

[Invisible Boy becomes visible in front of everyone and he's naked]
The Bowler: Maybe you should put some shorts on or something, if you wanna keep fighting evil today.

Mystery Men

"I need to hear four words before I go to sleep: Good night, sweet girl. I'm easy, I know, but a man who can muster up those four words is a man I wanna stay with." Endira, Beautiful Girls

"You push too hard, Darling. So ask me now before I become sane!" Edna Mode, The Incredibles

"Just in case I don't see you; good afternoon, good evening, and good night!" - Jim Carrey, The Truman Show

"I was born a poor black child." Steve Martin, The Jerk

"Lucy, I'm Brittish!"
"So are these!" (she flashes him)
From Dracula - Dead And Loving It

"Please, I'm just plain Yoghurt." Mel Brooks, Spaceballs

"In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder, bloodshed – they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, five hundred years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

The Third Man

"If love means never having to say I'm Sorry, well, I never do!" Huxley - Elmo in Grouchland

eric shawn listo said:
"In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder, bloodshed – they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, five hundred years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

The Third Man
excellent quote from an incredible movie even if you do want to strangle the zither player by the end!

davidwatts said:
excellent quote from an incredible movie even if you do want to strangle the zither player by the end!
All zither players and mimes should be strangled. If not their throats, then their hernias.

Rumple Foreskin :cool:

Rumple Foreskin said:
All zither players and mimes should be strangled. If not their throats, then their hernias.

Rumple Foreskin :cool:

:D

Mimes are much more easily ignored, however. :rolleyes:

logophile said:
"Everytime I think I'm out, they pull me back in." Michael - The GodFather III
Go to bed? Unless you are talking to Tolyk, then tell him to come talk to me.
you come too, we'll have a big party!

"No pleasure, no rapture, no exquisite sin greater than central air." Azrael - Dogma

Sorry Dar, he's already slipped off to sleep. I think I might have worn him out... :devil:

Naked blonde walks into a bar with a poodle under one arm, and a two-foot salami under the other. She lays the poodle on the table. The bartender says, "I suppose you won't be needing a drink." Naked lady says . . . oh shit! - John Bender, The Breakfast Club

logophile said:
Naked blonde walks into a bar with a poodle under one arm, and a two-foot salami under the other. She lays the poodle on the table. The bartender says, "I suppose you won't be needing a drink." Naked lady says . . . oh shit! - John Bender, The Breakfast Club

(I didn't get that at all^^^^^)

""you need a ride?"
"Where you going?"
"I'm going out to get a pack of cigarettes."
"I'm going to chicago."
"Well, they have cigarettes in chicago, get in."
DUETS

Sorry... You're young. You're probably haven't seen Breakfast Club about 90 times...

The scene is this: John Bender is crawling through the ceiling tiles trying to sneak back to the library. He's scared shitless cause he's up high in a precarious position and this is a cool moment because you're getting a really good peek at him as human. He's telling himself the joke to stay focused and calm and he gets to that point when the ceiling tiles break and he falls to the floor of the library.

Hope that helps! :)

"I just don't understand why anybody would do a lesbian version of Oedipus Rex." - Eddy, Threesome

Back