The mayor of Toronto just admitted that he smokes crack

What could be controversial about the city of Toronto congratulating Canada's Olympic and Paralympic athletes?

Ask Rob Ford. The Toronto mayor on Wednesday cast the sole "no" vote on a City Council motion to offer the athletes kudos. Minutes earlier, he also was the only council member to vote against a proposal to name a Toronto street after the late Nelson Mandela.

Ford asked for a re-vote on both motions a half-hour later but was denied.

"We all make errors," said Ford, who claimed he was stretching a sore back and voted quickly. "I guess I pushed the wrong button. Of course I support Nelson Mandela."

"Sorry, I was drunk, and high on crack. It won't happen ag-- oh, I can't keep a straight face!"
 
Come on, who complains about public transit being inadequate in one breath and then in the same approves a new apartment complex in the middle of it that houses 30,000 people....thats just stupid

:confused: Where's the conflict between the two?
 
In all fairness, there are multiple buttons on the machine. A yes button and a no button. Honest mistake.
 
1. No one was suggesting that they name a street after the Olympians? Can you read?

2. How did you manage to misspell Mandela? It's written out twice, plain as day, in the post you quoted.



Yes, we are the stupid ones. You obviously have a handlle on things. Thank you for your thoughtslllllllll.



I was thinking you lived there...that explains a lot.
 
In all fairness, there are multiple buttons on the machine. A yes button and a no button. Honest mistake.

Very complex. And he was stretching on top of that, and became so limber that he lost all musculoskeletal control. I've read that the Bay of Pigs was a direct result of the fact that Kennedy had a crick in his neck.

I was thinking you lived there...that explains a lot.

Good detective work! What gave it away? Was it the dozens of times I said that I live in Toronto? We should make you mayor! You strike me as a guy who can really hold his crack.
 
Come on, who complains about public transit being inadequate in one breath and then in the same approves a new apartment complex in the middle of it that houses 30,000 people....thats just stupid

Hey, there's no room on this bus.

OK, no problem...next week expect to haul another 30,000 people around...no, we aren't going to get any more busses

Erm, no, actually, that's not stupid; rather, that 30,000 people sound like yet another reason to complain about the buses being inadequate.
 
I've been to many exotic cities, and met many foreign people and learned their strange ways. But I've never been to Toronto.
 
I've been to many exotic cities, and met many foreign people and learned their strange ways. But I've never been to Toronto.

You'd love it! Cheap takeout restaurants as far as the eye can see. I'll teach you the dance of my people (basically just the Rob Ford .gif I posted).

In all honesty, it's a fabulous city. I love it here. The politicians are comically inept and ridiculous and transit does kinda blow compared to other major cities (infinitely more so thanks to Rob Ford's buffoonery - cancelled a huge expansion project and cost us millions), but there's nowhere else I'd rather be.

If we get any more snow, though, I'm getting the hell out of dodge. Winter, you're over. Go away.
 
Rehab for Rob!

Rob Ford is taking a leave from campaigning and his duties as mayor of Toronto to get help after a second alleged crack video as well as a damning audio recording surfaced Wednesday evening. An account of eyewitness reports of the mayor's drug use and drinking was also published.

The new video, obtained by The Globe and Mail, was secretly recorded Saturday in his sister Kathy’s basement. The clip reportedly shows Ford holding a pipe and taking a hit of an unknown substance.

In the audio recording described by the Toronto Sun as “raunchy”, Ford was caught on tape making off-colour comments about Councillor Karen Stintz: “I’d like to f**king jam her, but she doesn’t want … I can’t talk like this … I’m so sorry.”

Late Wednesday, The Toronto Star published a story detailing the mayor's recent behaviour at Muzik, an exclusive Toronto club also frequented by Justin Bieber.

The Star report included interviews with eyewitnesses who said they had seen Ford doing lines of cocaine earlier this month. During another night out at Muzik in March, Ford had an exchange with Justin Bieber in a common area of the club.

Bieber asked Ford jokingly if he had any crack, The Star reports. The mayor became angry and was ushered back to his party booth.
 
Another Rob Ford video surfaces while the mayor is reportedly in rehab.

While the media continues to wait for confirmation by the Ford family that Toronto Mayor Rob Ford is, indeed, in rehab, the Toronto Sun has released another damning video of Ford in a drunken rant. The Sun reports that the video was shot on April 27th, the day after two other videos of Ford smoking crack cocaine and making sexist and homophobic comments Toronto mayoral candidate Karen Stintz were recorded.

The transcript of the most recent video, below, via the Sun:

FORD: “No one better f—with me. I’m going to kick you in the f—ing head … I’ll knock you out, pa-pow! (making punching gestures), you b——, you b——… bro, bro.”

PATRON: This round of tequila …

FORD: Jack, Jack Jack, Jack, Jack, Jack (Daniels?), Jack, sweetheart. Jack.

WOMAN: And it’s last call.

FORD: I’m nodding here. I’m in f—ing divorce and going to the f—ing doghouse and going in a hotel. (Inaudible) I don’t know what to say.
 
Rob Ford has dropped out of the Mayoral race after being diagnosed with a rare form of cancer. His brother Doug has stepped forward, and is now running for Mayor while Rob undergoes chemotherapy.

Rob Ford releases statement

I wonder how bad the guys who put this show together feel now? And how their ticket sales are going to go?

Rob Ford, the Musical

Seriously, though. Who would have believed Toronto could have this much drama? Before this, the most exciting thing that ever happened was Mel Lastman calling in the army for the Snowmageddon of '99.
 
Fat cancer...who knew of such a thing.

He's a scumbag.

At least Mel was funny.
 
Fat cancer...who knew of such a thing.

He's a scumbag.

At least Mel was funny.
Mel was cool. He was a Bad Boy, but he didn't hang out with drug dealers smoking crack, and didn't become the butt of late night talk show jokes south of the border. So embarrassing.

I guess any kind of cells/tissue can turn into cancer, even fat. I would have had him pegged for liver cancer, or lung cancer, first though.
 
The only thing Bad Boy about Mel Lastman was the name of his furniture store.

Like Cashman...or the Livent guy...or Honest Ed...just another one of Toronto's Entertaining colorful Jewish Businessmen.
 
The only thing Bad Boy about Mel Lastman was the name of his furniture store.

Like Cashman...or the Livent guy...or Honest Ed...just another one of Toronto's Entertaining colorful Jewish Businessmen.

That was a joke, a play on words, a double entendre.

I was being facetious.

Compared to Rob Ford, Mel is Mr. Dressup.
 
Mel was cool. He was a Bad Boy, but he didn't hang out with drug dealers smoking crack, and didn't become the butt of late night talk show jokes south of the border. So embarrassing.

I guess any kind of cells/tissue can turn into cancer, even fat. I would have had him pegged for liver cancer, or lung cancer, first though.

I was kind of hoping for head-on road collision, but this is fine too.
 
I think Tory is going to win the election.

And Eve, that AV is stunning. I've never been into women sexually but holy shit, you may turn me lesbian yet.
 
I think Tory is going to win the election.

And Eve, that AV is stunning. I've never been into women sexually but holy shit, you may turn me lesbian yet.

You never know until you try...

And yeah. When she announced she was running I though Chow would take it, but people are more willing to hear Tory speak with authority on matters of state than they are her, and for all of her expertise her lack of charisma is painful.
 
Back
Top