Missed Connection

This is great! If only there was someone at work worth flirting with! Though there are some people on the train in the morning I'd love to get closer to! Always difficult to think of what to say though...

Was she on the train Friday morning??? Does she always sit in the same spot? I hope you smiled at her, and she smiled back!
 
Is it a British thing, not talking?
Some people are shy. I used to walk with my head up until someone approached, them look at the sidewalk... afraid they'd say hello, but happy if they did.

But that's not the same as watching someone pass by your desk each day and being attracted to them.

Very much a British thing, it's perfectly acceptable for two dog walkers to strike up a conversation, but you don't talk on a train or bus, if you do everybody else would just listen in and think "wierd pervy fucker".
Be great to get two actors to do that, her to say " God I've been hoping you would talk to me, look, shall we jump off the train and spend the day together? He replies
"Great" they then kiss and get off the train, I bet the most that would happen is a few chuckles, but it would make people think.
 
Very much a British thing, it's perfectly acceptable for two dog walkers to strike up a conversation, but you don't talk on a train or bus, if you do everybody else would just listen in and think "wierd pervy fucker".
Be great to get two actors to do that, her to say " God I've been hoping you would talk to me, look, shall we jump off the train and spend the day together? He replies
"Great" they then kiss and get off the train, I bet the most that would happen is a few chuckles, but it would make people think.

This information is good to know before I find where I packed my passport. I was worried about people talking and those accents, afraid I'd never make it out of the airport, but if no-one talks to other people, I stand a chance!

There is still the announcements, though. :eek:
 
This information is good to know before I find where I packed my passport. I was worried about people talking and those accents, afraid I'd never make it out of the airport, but if no-one talks to other people, I stand a chance!

There is still the announcements, though. :eek:

No they tend to be on display screens now, you will get a far better response by
Sitting down very poised and flashing your knickers, ......oops forgot you don't wear
any, barefooted wall flower lol
 
No they tend to be on display screens now, you will get a far better response by
Sitting down very poised and flashing your knickers, ......oops forgot you don't wear
any, barefooted wall flower lol

LOL! I just need to make it out of the building, into a taxi ;)
 
I used to wonder if you felt the same way I do, but your passing smile and the way you look back at me after passing each other in the hall tells me you do.

Over the last few months you have started parking closer to me, sitting closer to me in meetings, and standing closer to me in the elevator even when we are alone. Sometimes as we pass you smile softly as I raise my eyebrow and smile back. Both of saying or wanting to say more than just "good morning."

Lately we can feel each other's presence. I can hear you sit up straight and act busy when I pass your desk, and I clench my teeth with need when I hear your heels clicking on the marble floors as you pass my office.

We have both grown brave in our intenions. I've noticed you stepping slower and closer to me when I hold doors open for you, and the way your walk suddenly has a suggestive sway when I'm in your line of sight. You make it hard to work. Especially when your hand brushes my arm reaching over me at the copier or coffee bar. Equally so, it appears I have the same effect when my hand grazes the small of your back guiding you into the elevator or through a door.

I wonder if your mind wanders through all the what-ifs and desires that mine does? Do you find yourself wondering what would happen if we were there alone before the office was full or after everyone goes home? Could we stand the anticipation? Where would we see each other if we were the only ones there? A hallway, breakroom, or would we dare find a reason to visit the other's desk. What then? Would you follow my lead if my hand more than grazed your lower back? Humor me a moment and think about finding ourselves in the breakroom to get coffee. Your hand brushes my arm as it usually does, and my hand touches your lower back. We pause for just a moment. You feel yourself being pulled closer to me. My hand drawing you in, but it feels like you are floating and being pulled in by an invisible string somehow anchored in your stomach. I stand next to and over you with one hand on your back the other now caressing then holding one of yours. You can't tell if the sudden temperature increase is the heat from the coffee machine, our bodies, or you blushing. I turn you to face me with both hands on your hips. You look up to me with your hands flat on my chest now. Your nude heels make you feel like you are on your toes leaning up to be kissed. My grip on your hips tighten and you bite your lip and exhale a whispering moan as your body reacts.

Is the feeling mutual? Do you have the same thoughts distracting you throughout the day?


I missed you at work today. The tension was unbearable just before we left for the holidays. I should have kissed you after everyone left and it was only us cleaning up from the Christmas party. I should have kissed you when you took down the lights and came down the ladder practically falling into my arms. I should have kissed you when were alone in the storage room putting away the decorations. When I turned for you to hand me another box and you were holding the plastic mistletoe and shyly said "you forgot this one". I should have kissed you when I walked you to your car knowing I wouldn't see you for two weeks.

Now, while we are at home but still working I hear your voice leading the conference call. I wonder if you are in those boy shorts and soft t-shirt you told me about when we flirted about what we wear to bed. Your voice, even when you are talking about clients and action items, melts me into a puddle of lust. I need to be there with you. Kissing down your neck and across your shoulders trying to distract you from the call. Inching your shirt up higher as I run my hands up your back. Whispering naughty promises into your ear even thouhh the callers on the other end might hear. I'm not there through am I? Do you want me there too?

I write down my tasks for the report as the call comes to close. A group e-mail is sent out detailing our to do list for the next week. You e-mail minutes later and it simply says "You are the most familiar with this information. Meet me at the office in an hour to go over the nuances of the files."
 
Sorry to get cut off skype! Guess that was our missed connection hehe! I hope we get to play again another time :kiss: :cattail:
 
I have a sixth sense for such things. Born with it I guess. I have a over the years had flings with co-workers, a couple of masseuses, my bosses wife, my physical therapist and some women I saw at the gym regularly. I think either most men miss the signs or are too afraid to try. I have been wrong on an occasion or two. Both ways. But I love that initial spark phase where the chase is just starting.
 
Thank you to whoever bumped this! It's a great read for those who have experienced it, fantasized about it, or otherwise think about those chance encounter flirtations.

And to my missed connection out there...names may have changed, but intentions have not. If you seek me, you will find me. If you need me, you will have me. But most importantly, you have to want me.
 
A bump for the weekend for those who have had or are having this experience. It will be two long days before we see them again.
 
Back
Top