Need setup ideas for pseudo daddy-daughter

ReadyOne

Ready to Rock!
Joined
Mar 31, 2003
Posts
2,097
I've got the urge to write something where a 60-something man wants to take up with a woman young enough to be his daughter, or even grand-daughter and relate to her on a daddy-daughter basis.

Option 1 is to serendipitously drop them in each others lap and quickly move to d/d stuff. I do not want to go this way.

Option 2 is for the man to start cold. He has an idea what he wants, but no prospects. He will have to develop and execute a marketing program to locate and recruit his playmate.

Please throw out some ideas.

Where might he look? How could he informally "advertise"? What pre-qualification might be done before he make an overt pitch?

Traditionally, the daughter is a hormone ridden infatuated maybe 20 year old who wants raw sex and to give daddy a mind-blowing experience.

What would motivate a forty-something female to adopt a d/d relationship?

Other than gold digging, I can't get my head into such a character.

If I were a female going on 50, I'd be looking for the best/biggest/longest lasting lover I could find for my final fling before menopause hits. A once a night white haired guy with prostate problems wouldn't be on the radar.

My brain needs a kick-start.

I don't remember even seeing any stories of advanced age d/d.
 
I've got the urge to write something where a 60-something man wants to take up with a woman young enough to be his daughter, or even grand-daughter and relate to her on a daddy-daughter basis.

I think a story like that would go to the Mature category, and I've been miserable in that category. But will that stop me? Not on your life!

I'd make the man 60-ish and in good health, the woman 30-ish and facing life changes due to divorce, or something else. He would buff himself up in the gym and/or take up running to impress younger women, and she would need someone to depend on in tough times.

She wouldn't initially think of him sexually, but could grow in that direction through a series of events that bring them closer together. He would usually be taking care of her, but the 'clincher' could be something that puts her in the position of taking care of him for a while.

Her Bodyguard (and His Dirty Valentine) is a brother/sister story, but it follows a similar track. You might be able to get some ideas from it.

Incidentally, the "Story Ideas" forum might be a better place to ask this question.
 
...............
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I would turn it around and have the daughter-figure go out and actively seek her father-figure. His motivation then comes down to being flattered by her attention and following her lead. Her motivation needs more explanation, but it could be based on a dysfunctional relationship with her real father who died just as she was entering her sexually formative years.

Having the older man pursuing the younger woman comes across as too creepy to me (Cosby-esque, to coin a term). Having her be the pursuer feels more empowering.
 
Thanks for the input.

First I've got to figure out her, and then I can figure out how he finds her.
 
I've thought of this in all the permutations. Daddy-daughter, daddy-son, mommy-son, mommy-daughter. I usually visualize the elder, having recently lost their life partner, seeking the younger as a traveling companion. Full-timers in a big RV, or by train from stop to stop, or ship cruising.

How do they encounter? Advertising; or a friend's child; or a social associate; or yes, a chance meet in a café or frisbee tournament. That's the author's problem to work out.
 
Your option 2 is the premise of Nabokov's Lolita he wants the youngster and marries her mother to get near her. Tries to drug her, but finds she's quite amenable to getting it on with him. Something like that would work with the granddaughter scenario.

For a forty-something daughter figure, you could consider some situation where they see each other regularly and he develops the relationship. Offhand, if I were to be writing it, I'd have him be a 60ish widower and her a divorced woman whose husband left her for his hot young secretary. He sees her every week in the supermarket where she's worked since the divorce. He's very fatherly to her any way, always solicitous of her well-being and even asking after her grown child, now off at University. He's well-traveled, but she's always wanted to and never had the chance. He offers her two weeks with him in Europe, and, once there, the physical seduction doesn't take long - after all she isn't a child - but the psychological seduction, leading her into the daddy-daughter dependency, is savoured more slowly.
 
If I were a female going on 50, I'd be looking for the best/biggest/longest lasting lover I could find for my final fling before menopause hits.

What happens when menopause hits? Do women lose the ability to have sex? I've not heard about this. My mum swore she had an active sex life at 65, and I just believed her. Shows what a gullible twat I can be.

If you want to try something different, how about this.

A woman's forty-something. She's blazed through her life, she's killing it at everything. She's successful, she's smart - smarter than her eventual 'daddy' - and while she's not aware of it, she's deeply disappointed by her own father. She's surpassed him in every way, from intelligence to empathy.

She meets this bloke at a coffee shop (Eebs, riffing off you here, and fast-forwarding Corinne). She's not a waitress though, she's at the cafe to meet.. artists. One of those meetups, for artists. And there's this bloke, and he's quite good at art.

At first, there's no sexual thought in her mind, until she sees how he draws the female form. How he doesn't try to cleanse and perfect what he sees, but finds the beauty in what's there.

She gets to know him, and an attraction grows, to his soul. To who he is. She comes to respect him, and realises he has the wisdom and empathy her own father never had. Whats' more, he has an unbridled, but gentle sexuality, that she finds curious and intriguing.

They're open with each other, and become physically closer over time. He never pressures her, and she finds her own way into his arms. Not through any particular moment of weakness, or sadness, or failure (female tropes), but through simple intimacy. Closeness. A sharing of minds and ideals.

An idea forms in her mind. Their conversations grow franker, more sexual, an interplay between what's said, and what's unsaid, testing the waters, then backing away again, until, one night, he has a moment of need. She sees a side of him she's never seen before. His own vulnerability, hinted at before, but never explicit. It draws her to him, and removes her last traces of fear.

And suddenly she wants to comfort him. And she knows what will comfort him, and she wants it too. To offer him her love and devotion, to a man who deserves it - and to taste his curious sexuality, this mix of kindness and... kink. No Mr Grey here, but the kind of intimacy only a seasoned veteran of the art can offer.

They've joked about him being her dad before; they've joked about fucking. This is taking it one step further.

She crosses that final threshold and takes their flirtation into reality, creating a deep, inseparable bond, and a physical relationship that, while not without its humorous realities, is mutually fulfilling.

Or, you could have an older gent hit on a woman twenty years younger on the underground, while she's reading 'Father Therapy - How to resolve your father issues', and he catches her eye and offers to buy her a pie. They end up fucking in the disabled toilets, and she calls out 'Daddy, fuck me harder' as he takes her up against the wall.

But I like the first one better.
 
A lot of good ideas, but let me throw one in. What about a former student coming back into her small town and getting together with her most favorite HS teacher. Gives you whatever age range you want and a previous relationship to build on.
 
I've got the urge to write something where a 60-something man wants to take up with a woman young enough to be his daughter, or even grand-daughter and relate to her on a daddy-daughter basis.
:
What would motivate a forty-something female to adopt a d/d relationship?

Other than gold digging, I can't get my head into such a character.

If I were a female going on 50, I'd be looking for the best/biggest/longest lasting lover I could find for my final fling before menopause hits. A once a night white haired guy with prostate problems wouldn't be on the radar.
If you can't picture why he'd appeal to her, why won't your story suck?

Ideas:
* He's a former C-level manager at a good size company that got bought by a larger company. He's set for life with the money from stock options, etc, but he doesn't want to retire and he doesn't want to work the long hours a C-level position involves. Instead, he convinces a former direct report who's now a C-level manager at a big corporation to hire him to mentor rising stars. She's a rising star
* She's very interested in an obscure topic. He's written several books on the topic. She goes to a talk he's giving and she feels like a teenager going to her first rock concert. He gives an awesome talk and she's blown away by him
* After her divorce, she decides to go back to college and finish her degree. He's a professor who encourages her to think big and pursue her dreams
* He's a minor celebrity. She lives a boring life where everything's the same day after day. After a chance meeting, he asks her out. He takes her to a really nice party where she meets lots of important people. She loves going to parties and galas with him.
* In the age of Donald Trump, she decides to volunteer for a political campaign for a woman looking to unseat a sexist House member. He's a long-time political activist working on a different campaign. She reaches out to him for contacts. He tells her war stories of past political campaigns
 
Or, you could have an older gent hit on a woman twenty years younger on the underground, while she's reading 'Father Therapy - How to resolve your father issues', and he catches her eye and offers to buy her a pie. They end up fucking in the disabled toilets, and she calls out 'Daddy, fuck me harder' as he takes her up against the wall.

But I like the first one better.

What flavour, the pie?
 
Thanks, people. This one's going into the idea folder, perhaps never to see the light of day. I realize the story I want is that of the chase.
 
There’s college professor and student, unless that is too cliche.
 
Thanks, people. This one's going into the idea folder, perhaps never to see the light of day. I realize the story I want is that of the chase.

Does that mean you weren't very interested in the capture? it sounds then like you wanted to write a story that would have been mostly non-erotic.

You can still write those, you know.
 
Back
Top