Advance warning - National Nude Day Contest

oggbashan

Dying Truth seeker
This is not the support thread, yet, but a very early warning that the next themed contest is National Nude Day:

National Nude Day (July 14)
themes: public nudity, exhibitionism, etc.
starts: June 20
closes: July 11
winners announced: July 18

I know that some of us take a very long time to finish a story so this is to remind us to start thinking about Nude stories.

Two months notice should be enough warning for some. :D

500 Hats of Bartholomew Cubbins, except it’s underthings instead of hats. It could work.

Uh, it's National Nude Day. No hats, not undies. No smuggling. Everything is out for all to see.

Hello Handley_page

That company was an interesting part of British aviation history.

I'm thinking of entering the August contest (summer fun) but after reading the general rules for contests, I still have a couple of questions about logistics.

1. I assume the submission has to go into some category right from the start.

2. Is voting initially allowed only as it relates to the contest? Does the "general," non-contest voting start at the first publication or does it start after the contest is over?

Thank you.

I'm thinking of entering the August contest (summer fun) but after reading the general rules for contests, I still have a couple of questions about logistics.

2. Is voting initially allowed only as it relates to the contest? Does the "general," non-contest voting start at the first publication or does it start after the contest is over?

Just like any story, your submission goes into a category.

Voting is exactly as normal. In addition to the category hub and new list your story will get exposure from the contest page. The contest page opens on the announced schedule for the contest start and stays open until the next contest, so it can give your story quite a bit of exposure.

Your questions sound a little like you might be considering a multi-part submission. Multi-part stories are not allowed under contest rules. Long submissions in one part are often well-received.

That company was an interesting part of British aviation history.

Thank you.

Answer 1. Any category appropriate to the story. But there has to be the Note in the Notes Box that is right for the particular contest.

Answer 2. Voting starts as soon as the story is posted. It continues after the last date for story submissions until just before the results are announced. Voting continues as long as the story is posted - even years after the contest has ended.

Submission questions

Thank you for your response.

Something else I'd like to know: is there some indication to the readers from the site that the story is in the contest? Actually, there is yet another question: is the author allowed, either in a note within the submission or on a message board, to alert readers that the story is a contest candidate?

Something else I'd like to know: is there some indication to the readers from the site that the story is in the contest? Actually, there is yet another question: is the author allowed, either in a note within the submission or on a message board, to alert readers that the story is a contest candidate?

It's very common for authors to put a note at the beginning of the story to say that it is a contest entry, please vote, etc.

The story will be on the contest page, and it will be at the top of the New list and category hub on the day that it's published, but the site doesn't otherwise show it as being different from another story.

The contest stories appear on the front page of Literotica.com for the whole time of the contest. That is one of the major advantages of entering a contest. Unlike in the new story list where your story will be seen for at most a day or so it will be shown for about a month as a contest story.

Closer to the time of the contest I will post a support thread. You can announce your entry in that, and yes, you can put a note in the story heading (or ending).

You can also post a link in your sig line here on the forums.

Another option would be to find some creative way to advertise your story that's in keeping with the contest theme. I can't be the only one here who's considering strolling along the highway in my birthday suit, holding up a sign with the url to my submission. ... Right?

I could always hand out home-made flyers on the New York subway. I would be competing with the people selling cookies and candy right out of the cartons.

Back