Serpent's Tooth

"Oh, what is the master alike? That is a good question, and if you ask many people you will get many answers. One thing I would like to advise you, though. You seem like a smart child, so do not act stupid. The master expects each of his commands to be obeyed immediately, in particular from a slave, and he will become very angry if this is not the case."

The old woman continued to wash Phyliss, her sponge roaming all over the gorgon's body. The servant did not seem to mind in the least to thoroughly clean her breasts or the space between her legs, either. Finally she retreated, seemingly finished.

"Get out of the tub, girl, you will not get any cleaner. And follow me to the next room. You can leave your clothes here." With these words she left through another door than the one they had entered.

---

Verialyn gave the room a cursory examination, but as expected could not find anything of interest. So she carefully stepped outside again and headed for the other two rooms, expecting more of the same, but checking nevertheless, just to be sure.
 
"Gladly." said Phyliss and ropped the rags. Should some other slave wear them, there were those happy for such kind of clothes, surely. But she didn't belong to those, and followed the elder lady, anxious what to find.

The second room was exactly the same, but not prepared for a sudden visit. It was clean, but everything was packed up a if for longer storage.
The third room was locked from outside, but nothing was to hear from inside.
 
THe center of the next room was dominated by a large and comfortable chair. It had protruding arm rests, as well as two foot rests. Two other female slaves, younger than the old servant leading her so far, were standing next to the chair, seemingly awaiting her.

The elder woman pointed to the chair and said "Have a seat my dear, and put your arms and feet on the rests. Make yourself comfortable". Meanwhile the other two slaves were producing manicure equipment.

---

Since the third room was locked, Verialyn used the door spy to get a rough glance into its interior.
 
Phyliss did as she was told and sat down on the chair. Her nails were already perfect, but she didn't mind if they checked them. Maybe now she would get some makeup an decent clothes, so that she could show up before any guests.

Verialynn used the spy. It had a latch, that could be pulled up with nearly no sound, so that the occupants could be spied without noticing it. But nobody was to be seen inside. The room had to be empty.
 
As soon as Phyliss had sat down the slaves got to work on her. They renewed the polish on her nailes and filed them into immaculate shape again. Once that was done they took care of her face, applying make-up and eye-liner. For all Phyliss could tell they were very good at what they were doing.

Finally they retreated, admireing their work, and the old woman exclaimed "You look marvelous. The master will be very pleased. Now follow me to the next room." She led the way again.

---

Since these three rooms did offer nothing of interest, Verialyn intently surveyed the main hall, trying to take in all the possible exits and to decide on a way to go. She listened intently, to notice if anyone was approaching her.
 
Phyliss was pleased. "Thank you, it is just the way i like it." She walked into the next room, full of high hopes.

As Verialynn moved away from the door, she had a scratching sound inside, and a sound that reminded her of an child.
 
Another set of servant stood next to the older woman in the following room. "Let's get her dressed then" she ordered.

At once the servants approached. They started with the jewelry. A magnificient set of golden ear rings with black diamonds and a matching necklace. Matching rings for both her hands, and even her toes. Then followed bracelets around both her upper arms, and finally a delicate golden chain around her waist.

Finally a servant with a brush and a bowl approached her and started to apply the contents of the bowl to her. At first it seemed to be plain gold dust, but there must have been something else in it as well, since it clung a lot better to her skin than ordinary gold dust would. Finally her whole naked form was covered in it.

The older woman nodded apprehensively "You look gorgeous my dear."

At last one of the servants brought her a dark green coat with gold inlays, and placed it over her bare shoulders, concealing her nakedness for now.

---

Verialyn halted in her tracks immediately. The room had seemed empty at first, but it was not. Maybe this was worth investigating. So she returned to the door and pressed her ear to it, next to the keyhole. Through the keyhole she whispered, as loud as she dared to "Who are you in there?"
 
Phyliss was amazed herself. "Now, that is more like it." she said.
Besides the ill start, it became better and better. The green coat was nice, but even without it, she didn't feel naked with all the jewelery and the insane goldpainting.

There was a murmuring of a young female voice behind the door. Maybe it wasn't a child at all, but surely a young woman.
"Who is out there?" she said, not answering. Her voice was strange, as if she was drugged.
 
The old woman sent the other slaves away. Then she addressed Phyliss again. "Please make yourself comfortable" she gestured to a nearby chair. You will be fetched soon for dinner.

---

Now Verialyn's curiosity was piqued. She replied, in the same volume as before. "I am another slave. I might be able to help you, but first I need to know who you are and who has the key to this room."
 
Phyliss sat down and was quite pleased with her appearance.
"What am I supposed to do at dinner?"

"I am Shuuna. There is a key to this rooms. There are keys behind a tile in the wall opposite to the marble faun at the pool. You have to shift it and press at the decoration below it." said the girl behind the door.
 
The old woman smiled at Phyliss. "You have to obey orders. That will cover everything I would guess".

---

Verialyn whispered back "I will be back in a minute, just wait a little."

Then she stealthed of towards the pool, still on the lookout for someone who could detect her. Once at the fountain she tried to follow Shuuna's instructions to find the mobile tile.
 
Phyliss smiled. "I should be able to handle that." In fact, she had seen enoough slaves serving at dinners. She should know the rules, even if this was a new perspective.


Verialynn was lucky, this place seemed dead now, probably everybody was busy downstairs. She did find the tile. It was were the girl had indicated. Verialynn found a ring with several keys, safeley hidden to the normal eye.
 
The old woman nodded politely. Then she said "That is good. I will leave you for now, someone should come and fetch you soon." With these words she left.

Phyliss had to sit for half an hour before another servant in the nice looking uniform entered. He just looked at her shortly, and said "Follow me".

---

Verialyn quickly grabbed the keys and returned to the locked door. She whispered "I got the keys, this should not take long" Then she started to try which of the keys would fit.
 
Phyliss got up, feeling much more selfconident now. "Just lead the way." she walked behind him, proud and selfaware of her fantastic look. "Antides, here I come." she thought. "You don't look bad either, my boy."

Verialynn needed only seconds to find the right key. The lock opened nearly without sound.
 
The servant showed no reaction to Phyliss remarks and led her down some of the stairs. Finally they reached the dining hall. Like all of the representative rooms in the palace it was lavishly decorated.

The center of the room was dominated by a huge perfectly circular table, large enough for up to 20 people sitting around it. Currently eight of the seats were occupied, one of them by Antides Mercurius, the other one by various guests, six men and three women in noble clothes. There were a total of nine servants standing at the walls, waiting for their masters commands.

The servant led her to Antides. He shortly glanced in her direction, just pointed to the chair by his side and told her "sit down", only to resume his conversation with his guests. The servant that had brought her moved over to the wall, taking up his waiting position there.

---

Verialyn silently opened the door and looked into the room. She did not know exactly what to expect and therefore was at full attention, just in case something in that room would want to attack her.
 
Phyliss smiled, bowed down as she knew it from her dinners before, and sat down on the chair. This was a good place to take a look at all the guests and Antidedes. He surely had some syle, for sure.

Verialynn looked into the room, but nobody was to be seen inside.
 
Antides seemed to completely ignore Phyliss' presence for now, and he also did not care that she had nothing to eat. He just continued the conversation with his guests, although the topic was mostly small talk.

---

Verialyn was a little perplexed. "Shuuna, where are you?" she asked with a whisper, examining the room closely for any potential hiding places.
 
Phyliss wasn't to annoyed yet. Maybe he just wanted to test her. She looked around from her seat, trying to renember each face in the crowd, It could be useful later.

Verialynn heard a thump, as something landed behind her at the floor. She must have been hiding above the door, on the ceiling. The girl was crouching before her now, blocking the way to the door. She was young, but not so young as she sounded. She was probably in her early twenties. Her dark her was just a bit over shoulderlength and curly, with a blue hint in it, some of her streaks were indeed a dark blue. Her face was pretty and looked a bit like that of a cute, innocent girl, except for her disturbing smile. Her dark eyes looked as if she was in trance or dreaming of a place far away. She was nude, and had a slim, nearly a bit skinny body and was not very tall. Strange were her hands and feet, that looked more like claws of a bird of prey. Her enormous talons on her fingers did look very menacing indeed.
 
After a few minutes Antides motioned to some of his servants. They approached and took some of the plates from the table, freeing a space in the middle about three meters in diameter. Meanwhile three musicians entered and started to play a light and happy tune.

Then he turned towards Phyliss: "Take off the cloak, get on the table and dance for me."

---

Verialyn was immediately alarmed and at the ready, crouching in a basic martial arts stance, but she tried to avoid any threatening gestures. She kept her sight focused on the ... girl?

"Who ... or should I ask what ... are you?"
 
Now at least, he noticed her. She had nearly began to pout again. Phyliss was lucky that she always trained dancing when she could and knew all of the most important dancing styles that were fashionable, besides some rather exotic ones. And she was a good dancer, too. So she stood up gracefully and climbed on the table, the coat still on. As she was standing on the table and sure that she had all attention, she opened the coat and threw it away. She allowed the spectators to take a look at her body before she started dancing. She moved her body to the music in a special kind of bellydance, starting to move from her hands over her arms to the body, the neck and her legs. Finally her snakes tuned to the movement of her body.

"I am shunna." said the girl with a high, somehow shy and dreaming voice. "I have not eaten today...but you are different from the others." she looked up to her, but then her eyes seemed to took through her again, somewhere far away.
"There is something cold and dead in you."
 
Phyliss defnitely had the attention of the guests. She could make out several fragments of sentences like "... beautiful ...", "...exotic...", "... look at her tits..." and one of the female guests gave her male companion who was watching the gorgon all too intently a push in the ribs.

Antides gave something almost like a smile towards Phyliss and seemed pleased with her performance so far.

---

'Oh great, now I have released a man-eating something' thought Verialyn. The girl-thing was definitely unnerving, and had supernatural perceptive powers. She had to make sure that thing would not go roaming through the palace and eat whoever came across it. She might catch a few of the bad guys, but there were enough innocent slaves around as well ... and Phyliss.

Outwardly she stayed calm, ignoring the things remark about her cold and dead nature. "Tell me, please, Shuuna, where do you come from, and for how long have you been locked up in this room?"
 
Phyliss was pleased as well, and the look that Antides gave her aroused her even more. She gave her best, hoping to make everybody drool, especially Antides. She suddenly realized that it didn't feel bad at all tob be a slave for him. After all, this turned out better then she thought. This was slavery as she imagined it. The beginning was just an accident.

Shuuna made an odd sound, something between a sight and a moan. "I don't know, I am long here with my master. He is good to me - Are you good to me? You look nice....you are not like the others..No.. You will be nice to me?" She got up a little from her crouching position.
 
After a while the enthusiasm for Phyliss died down a little, although the male guests still kept shooting glances at her. Soon they were finished with the meal, and the servants carried the plates away and brought playing cards and gambling dice.

Antides stood up from his chair and announced: "Let us make this more interesting tonight. Whoever wins the final round of gambling can have that beautiful golden gorgon. But of course he has to do it here on the table, so the rest of us would also be entertained."

---

"Yes, I will be good and nice to you" replied Verialyn in a friendly voice. "Who is your master, then? I do not see him."
 
Phyliss had finished dancing. So, this was going to get naughty, but it wasn't a big shock at all. She had been at many houses and knew the games. She looked at her audience again and hoped that a handsome, pleasant and charmant gentleman would win.

The girl stared at Verialynn. "My Master Antides? Don't you know my master? He is your master as well. Is he not?" she moved a bit closer.
 
Antides Mercurius looked up at Phyliss. "Have I told you to stop?" There was no friendlieness in his tone or his gaze.

---

"Ahh, Antides is your master. I had not known that, and yes he is my master as well." So that thing was his pet, he must be quite twisted indeed. "So he brings you humans to eat from time to time?"
 
Back
Top