Red's Thread - come in and read a bit, post a bit, and lick a bit... okay... alot!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Red, Brett, RJ and everyone. :)
It's a beautiful, sunny Saturday morning here.
Just a brief wave before I get out and do some jobs around the house.

Hello Red, Brett, RJ and everyone. :)
It's a beautiful, sunny Saturday morning here.
Just a brief wave before I get out and do some jobs around the house.

A lovely wave too, but for the innocent eyes, you should wave with your hand, not your... :devil:

So somehow I have missed a step because I have (or thought I had) over 7 entries in the Survivor contest.

Crap.

This is why I don't enter these things - I get told they aren't complicated and to me, they sure as hell are.

BrettJ in Canada

So somehow I have missed a step because I have (or thought I had) over 7 entries in the Survivor contest.

Crap.

This is why I don't enter these things - I get told they aren't complicated and to me, they sure as hell are.

BrettJ in Canada

Well, don't get to worried. I'll help you along. :) I'll check out your submissions for January and compare your scorecard, if you'd like. You know I said I'd help you out.

It is still Friday night here Jett, but hello. Cold (-8 Celcius and we've had a lot of snow - and Wednesday it was =12 and the green was back)

I appreciate it RED but I have a feeling there is a step I missed. I have my own sheet I made up here using Microsoft Excel to keep track of Survivor entries (as a few here and there will not be - like the most recent ones). Did I need to announce somewhere that THIS story and THAT story were Survivor entries? And, if I missed that step, will I need to write all new ones?

BrettJ in Canada

It is still Friday night here Jett, but hello. Cold (-8 Celcius and we've had a lot of snow - and Wednesday it was =12 and the green was back)

I appreciate it RED but I have a feeling there is a step I missed. I have my own sheet I made up here using Microsoft Excel to keep track of Survivor entries (as a few here and there will not be - like the most recent ones). Did I need to announce somewhere that THIS story and THAT story were Survivor entries? And, if I missed that step, will I need to write all new ones?

BrettJ in Canada

You don't have to tell anyone anything until the end of December if you're submitting stories during the last 10 days of December.

I'll take a gander and let you know what I get. I really don't mind and I don't want you frustrated over something that could be really easy to fix. :kiss:

So I can write all the stories and tell someone at the end of December 2013 "these are the stories I wrote for the Survivor contest in the past year"?

Okay, that is a little less stress - while I didn't mind the writing, having to add a new entry to each category after all that work would've been a pain.

BrettJ in Canada

Hi guys!

Just strolling through and coming up for air. I started a book series I brought from the library. 6 books in 3 days. I had to loose myself for a bit. I also have a sick kid who's been throwing up and whiny the last 2 days. I feel like I was in a different world. Unfortunately I'm back until the next book comes out.

So I can write all the stories and tell someone at the end of December 2013 "these are the stories I wrote for the Survivor contest in the past year"?

Okay, that is a little less stress - while I didn't mind the writing, having to add a new entry to each category after all that work would've been a pain.

BrettJ in Canada

I'm going to PM you about your score card. You have 9 stories for Survivor, 8 for the categories and 1 for the contest. A total of 27 pts. Also, if you submit stories from Dec. 20-Dec. 31st, it is only those that you would put in the notes contest: Survivor Contest 2013. Like when you submitted for the Valentine contest and you put Valentine Contest 2013 in the notes field - you'll do that for only the stories you submit Dec. 20-31st.

PM to follow about your scorecard. :kiss:

Hi guys!

Just strolling through and coming up for air. I started a book series I brought from the library. 6 books in 3 days. I had to loose myself for a bit. I also have a sick kid who's been throwing up and whiny the last 2 days. I feel like I was in a different world. Unfortunately I'm back until the next book comes out.

Wow, you are a sight for sore eyes. I do hope the kid gets better SOON! And enjoy your books. :)

Wow, you are a sight for sore eyes. I do hope the kid gets better SOON! And enjoy your books. :)

Lol! Seriously I totally get lost in good books.

I finally get myself feeling better and little guy goes down. This damn funcky weather is driving me nuts too. 60 one day 20 the next. My new mantra.. Summers coming spend every day in the sun

Honestly I'm thinking of having my vitamin D levels checked. I starting to putter out.

I finally get myself feeling better and little guy goes down. This damn funcky weather is driving me nuts too. 60 one day 20 the next. My new mantra.. Summers coming spend every day in the sun

Honestly I'm thinking of having my vitamin D levels checked. I starting to putter out.

My Vitamin D levels were tested, said to be low. I didn't take the pills, because they gave me freaking wicked cramps. I spent more time outside.

Okay RED that jibes with my records but that also means the story I can't see (which is entitled "Raven") must have been approved, even though it says otherwise.

Incidentally, one of those stories won't be a submission for Survivor. So it should only be 8 stories but we'll figure it out. A few days ago, I mentioned I had a new chapter of a series and I planned to exclude it from the contest. I have another such entry and will do likewise.

Sorry about the sick child SCENT. Not fun.

BrettJ in Canada

I've got another head cold. It sucks, but I've gotten to the point that I'm like "oh well, it's not going to kill me". :rolleyes:

Hi guys!

:heart:

How frustrating is it when RED knows my Scorecard better than I do?

She found a story I had missed entering on my personal scorecard at this end, so problem corrected thanks to her. :rose:

I am feeling a bit run down again. I think coffee and Tylenol may be in order so that I don't burn myself out.

BrettJ in Canada

How frustrating is it when RED knows my Scorecard better than I do?

She found a story I had missed entering on my personal scorecard at this end, so problem corrected thanks to her. :rose:

I am feeling a bit run down again. I think coffee and Tylenol may be in order so that I don't burn myself out.

BrettJ in Canada

Coffee and pain reliever, the ambrosia and nectar of the non-alcoholic writer LOL

I've been run down a few days this week RJ and last week as well. There is a bug going around but it could be blood sugar. It shouldn't be, I've eaten today and gotten rest, but I am not taking chances.

I work too hard to allow myself to get sick again. I lost two entire days of work this week and my publishers must be pissed, despite their not appearing so.

BrettJ in Canada

I've been run down a few days this week RJ and last week as well. There is a bug going around but it could be blood sugar. It shouldn't be, I've eaten today and gotten rest, but I am not taking chances.

I work too hard to allow myself to get sick again. I lost two entire days of work this week and my publishers must be pissed, despite their not appearing so.

BrettJ in Canada

Start taking vitamins and drink milk. You might not be getting enough vit D since you have been staying in so much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back