The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgive my ignorance - what does that mean?

LOL, it's what we say in Scotland when we toss back the whisky before we stagger out into the haar (scotch mist).
Here in Wales, they say: Iachi da! They have a sort of whisky here. I sometimes drink it to be polite ;).

LOL, it's what we say in Scotland when we toss back the whisky before we stagger out into the haar (scotch mist).
Here in Wales, they say: Iachi da! They have a sort of whisky here. I sometimes drink it to be polite ;).

Ah, I should really learn that. I'm going to Scotland in June :)

Ah, I should really learn that. I'm going to Scotland in June :)

Yes you must practice saying Och Aye, and Where the hoots are my toots? and things. ;).
Actually, if you can get in a good Slainte, it will serve you well, as it isn't one the Sassenachs usually come out with. It's pronounced Slant with a short a and the emphasis heavy on the nt; a well articulated tuh at the end.

Yes you must practice saying Och Aye, and Where the hoots are my toots? and things. ;).
Actually, if you can get in a good Slainte, it will serve you well, as it isn't one the Sassenachs usually come out with. It's pronounced Slant with a short a and the emphasis heavy on the nt; a well articulated tuh at the end.

I shall get practising ;)

I just won't mention anything about joose loose aboot this hoose...

Good morning. One of these days I'm going to have to do something about my insomnia. In the meantime, there are bowls of coffee.

What a nice idea. But, as one might guess, there's a problem.
'Curry' (as in highly spiced) food does me no favours, but I'll wolf that cake down any time, thank you!
You are more than welcome to some of the cake. It turned out beautifully, if I say so myself. :) I have trouble with some curries too, so I'm with you there. Actually, I think we have different problems with curries....

Evening all! Rolf, got anything chocolate over there? I'm craving some chocolate and we have none in the house. :( *sigh* First world problems.
Did you miss my note about the chocolate cake? ;)

They say that in Scotland too?

Have fun on your trip, Andy. I hope you get good weather!

Good morning. One of these days I'm going to have to do something about my insomnia. In the meantime, there are bowls of coffee.

You are more than welcome to some of the cake. It turned out beautifully, if I say so myself. :) I have trouble with some curries too, so I'm with you there. Actually, I think we have different problems with curries....

Did you miss my note about the chocolate cake? ;)

They say that in Scotland too?

Have fun on your trip, Andy. I hope you get good weather!

Hey guys!

Looks like Molly didn't notice my remodelling work... Ogre!

Nuns, stand down. :D

Morning all. Rolf, a large mocha please. Looks like I'm going down to California in just over a month. Woohoo!

I sure will and I'll be sure to take lots of pictures too. Might need to get that new lens before I go too.

http://www.amazon.com/Nikon-35mm-1-8G-Digital-Cameras/dp/B001S2PPT0/

I will be nice going down to California for something other than a memorial service for once.

Oh I'm sorry you've had to go often for sad reasons. But great you get a lovely holiday! and perhaps some sleep, LOL. :heart:

Disaster! The little shop ordered the wrong tea! Four packets of EARL GREY! I had to buy a pack of Luaka Ceylon they fortunately had around. It is quite nice. Cuppa anyone?

:heart:

Oh I'm sorry you've had to go often for sad reasons. But great you get a lovely holiday! and perhaps some sleep, LOL. :heart:

Disaster! The little shop ordered the wrong tea! Four packets of EARL GREY! I had to buy a pack of Luaka Ceylon they fortunately had around. It is quite nice. Cuppa anyone?

:heart:

Sure on that cuppa, Naoko. And I do wish John a pleasant and photo-filled holiday.

Sure on that cuppa, Naoko. And I do wish John a pleasant and photo-filled holiday.

There you go, dearie. As fragrant as Jeffrey Archer's wife. Have a few chips on a plate too, if you like. Virtual chips have virtually no effect on the hips although I don't know what they do to shoulders! LOL.
:rose:

Ooh, now you're talking my language! Chips for you? If the new teeth will cope alright? They're home made and quite soft (from Cyprus potatoes).

So far the teeth are working OK but soft bread was a problem. It stuck to the upper plate and pulled it loose. I need to think about how to eat sticky things. Toffees are beyond me today.

Chips should be easy.

Ooh, now you're talking my language! Chips for you? If the new teeth will cope alright? They're home made and quite soft (from Cyprus potatoes).

Anthropological inquisitiveness arises...

Are Cyprus potatoes singled out for honour, as are P.E.I. potatoes in Canada and Idaho potatoes in the U.S.? If so, why?

So far the teeth are working OK but soft bread was a problem. It stuck to the upper plate and pulled it loose. I need to think about how to eat sticky things. Toffees are beyond me today.

Chips should be easy.

Toasting the bread helps greatly.

Toffees are out of the question. Pick something else.

Toasting the bread helps greatly.

Toffees are out of the question. Pick something else.

Any advice welcome. I've been waiting nearly four years to get teeth that fit and now I have no teeth-wearing relations to ask. My older brother has implants.

He played tennis, not Rugby and Australian Rules. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back