Is Fox News for real ?

In other news, Aljazeera America is pretty in depth and solid.

In this 24/7 news era, all TV networks are faced with a problem. The commercial ones need an audience; while those funded from the public purse need to tread softly on the current administration - although, from time to time, BBC is happy to bite the (right wing) hand that feeds it.

No, Fox News is not "real". It's a coven of 98% white tea partiers who think guns, women's reproduction and reproductive healthcare legislation, and the Second Amendment will have to be taken from their cold, dead hands.

An ex-exec at Faux Nuze was quoted saying the staff receives word from on high to "make stuff up." What they don't invent, they spin mercilessly. If a non-Teabag pol were to be recorded saying, "If someone said I am a Nazi, they'd be lying," Faux would run a loop of "...I am a Nazi...I am a Nazi..."

An ex-exec at Faux Nuze was quoted saying the staff receives word from on high to "make stuff up." What they don't invent, they spin mercilessly. If a non-Teabag pol were to be recorded saying, "If someone said I am a Nazi, they'd be lying," Faux would run a loop of "...I am a Nazi...I am a Nazi..."

Here's one from just last month: protest chant was "we can't stop 'til killer cops are in cell blocks", Fox edited it and reported as "we can't stop, so kill a cop". https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmgGswyX08s#t=21

Never watched it but you do make it sound like The Sun "newspaper" (a murdoch publication) They once published an "exclusive" two page interview with a soldier returning from the Falklands war. The whole thing was later shown to be either made up or ripped from other publications.

Well duh, people like being entertained. They can sit back and not have to think.

It's like watching one of those un-reality shows. Absolutely mindless drivel.

Lets be clear about something, I don't watch FOX but most people do. CNN and MSNBC suck so no one watches them. And when you come on here and razz FOX youre farting rainbows out your ass.

Lets be clear about something, I don't watch FOX but most people do. CNN and MSNBC suck so no one watches them. And when you come on here and razz FOX youre farting rainbows out your ass.

At least my farts don't stink like Fox does. ZING!

I think you're missing the point of what the function of a news program should be (just as JBJ does by pointing to the statistics of how many watch what). The purpose of a news program is to report major stories as accurately as possible. It's not to entertain or titillate or bolster people's prejudices. All of the news programs have biases, yes, but Fox more than most--and thus on what the function of a news program should be, it falls flatter than most.

SR71. No point was missed, and my original post makes that clear. There is no statement in my post indicating either Fox is entertainment or that viewers are seeking entertainment. Those are your words not mine.
Your comment is strictly an opinion statement (like mine), with absolutely no way to verify what you're saying.
I disagree. Who's right?

Um, no. SR71 is correct. It is acknowledged inside and out of the industry that Fox is entertainment, not news. They don't report so much as offer up their one-sided opinion. They have even gone to court to say it is acceptable for them to lie to their viewers.

Again, Fox is highest in ratings because they entertain, not because they report. If you look at the demographics of who watches Fox, you will see their viewers are much older and less educated than the other stations. That tells you something.

It's one thing to get a story wrong once in a while. Every single station does it from time to time. But when every story is turned into a political talking point, that is no longer news.

Remember, Fox is owned and run by Rupert Murdoch, the guy who had two of his newspapers in England shut down because they were hacking people's phones. This is the same company who has outright told its people to sway stories to present the best light for Republicans and has told their on-air women employees to wear short dresses/skirts and placed them front and center.

You sound like you've been well indoctrinated, Jay. There's no room for discussion when that's been accomplished. And I'll certainly not waste my time with it. ;)

I seriously doubt that. You haven't "Foxed" everyone here yet. And I do recognize how important that is to you. :D

Last edited:
Um, no. SR71 is correct. It is acknowledged inside and out of the industry that Fox is entertainment, not news. They don't report so much as offer up their one-sided opinion. They have even gone to court to say it is acceptable for them to lie to their viewers.

Again, Fox is highest in ratings because they entertain, not because they report. If you look at the demographics of who watches Fox, you will see their viewers are much older and less educated than the other stations. That tells you something.

It's one thing to get a story wrong once in a while. Every single station does it from time to time. But when every story is turned into a political talking point, that is no longer news.

Remember, Fox is owned and run by Rupert Murdoch, the guy who had two of his newspapers in England shut down because they were hacking people's phones. This is the same company who has outright told its people to sway stories to present the best light for Republicans and has told their on-air women employees to wear short dresses/skirts and placed them front and center.

And it was Murdoch who recently said all Muslims should be held accountable for what Muslim terrorists do. :rolleyes: Fox is bought and paid to shill extreme right wing propaganda. Nothing more, nothing less. All under the guise of family values. :rolleyes:

More News on Fux Knews!

Where does Fox News get its facts? I could show you, but we’d need an extra-powerful flashlight and several cocktails to loosen up Steve Doocy.

Now that I’ve ruined your day by putting the thought of that horrifying, hypothetical spelunking excursion in your head, let me hit you with a totally unsurprising and predictable bit of information: Fox is making headlines this week for a wildly inaccurate assertion made on its air.

and, not to beat a dead horse, but did you hear about Russel Brand and Hannity?

Russell Brand takes on Sean Hannity in Gaza spat

In an unlikely manifestation of the Israel-Palestine conflict, the comedian Russell Brand and the Fox News anchor Sean Hannity have had a very public and personal disagreement over the Gaza crisis.

The row started when Brand focused an episode of his satirical YouTube series, The Trews, on an episode of Hannity’s show where he questioned Yousef Munayyer, executive director of the Jerusalem Fund. As part of the interview, Hannity asked Munayyer, “what part of this can’t you get through your thick head?”, before stopping the interview short when Munayyer refused to answer “yes” to the question “Is Hamas a terrorist organisation?”

“One of the definitions of a terrorist is using intimidation to reach your goals,” says Brand in his video. “Who in that situation was behaving like a terrorist? Using intimidation, bullying, being unreasonable? Sean Hannity, that is where the terrorism is coming from.”

I like Russel Brand, he is more articulate than Fux Knews.

SR71. No point was missed, and my original post makes that clear. There is no statement in my post indicating either Fox is entertainment or that viewers are seeking entertainment. Those are your words not mine.
Your comment is strictly an opinion statement (like mine), with absolutely no way to verify what you're saying.
I disagree. Who's right?

Some verification: http://publicmind.fdu.edu/2011/knowless/

According to the latest results from Fairleigh Dickinson University’s PublicMind Poll, some news sources make us less likely to know what’s going on in the world. In the most recent study, the poll asked New Jerseyans about current events at home and abroad, and from what sources – if any – they get their information. The conclusion: Sunday morning news shows do the most to help people learn about current events, while some outlets, especially Fox News, lead people to be even less informed than those who say they don’t watch any news at all.

And here's a former Fox producer: http://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ngham-blunder-make-it-to-air?CMP=share_btn_tw

...unlike print or (increasingly) online journalism, cable news in general – and Fox News in particular – does not have dedicated fact checkers or a strongly-enforced correction policy, and errors routinely make it on the air... There is no mechanism in place to correct errors and misinformation, whether it comes from a Fox host, contributor or guest.

Fox’s competitors CNN and MSNBC seem much quicker to police themselves. Fox, taking a cue from its pugilistic leader Roger Ailes, rarely admits mistakes, wary of overtly giving fodder to its critics. Occasionally, if the outcry is large enough, Fox will issue a reluctant, mealy-mouthed correction, but more often than not the transgression goes uncorrected and unacknowledged.

What FOX is is irrelevant, its what most viewers want to watch, and the fare MSNBC and CNN offer appeals to few. Air America crashed and burned because it had little appeal to enough listeners. Liberal views bore the shit outta most people, and FOX is the proof.

Write it on your foreheads with lipstick: WHAT I BELIEVE BORES THE FUCK OUTTA PEOPLE.

Back