How bad is Islam? Well, would you be willing to live in an Islamic Nation?

Are you willing to live in an Islamic nation?

• Total voters
Funny how Indonesia is always the example...

Indonesia is the example of how good Islam can be!

NO terrorists ever come from Indonesia, why the Bali Bombers were Saudi Arabians!

Our ALLIES, what do you want to say now Mr. NEOCON!!!???

Why, they have Christians and EVERYTHING!

Another stupid straw man.

Indonesia is the largest Muslim-majority nation in the world, therefore it's rightly factored into any discussion of what a Muslim nation looks like.

It's one of the most dangerous places on earth.

Why do you think this? How come there's no travel advisory?

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/tw/tw_1764.html

Last edited:
Funny how Indonesia is always the example...

Indonesia is the example of how good Islam can be!

NO terrorists ever come from Indonesia, why the Bali Bombers were Saudi Arabians!

Our ALLIES, what do you want to say now Mr. NEOCON!!!???

Why, they have Christians and EVERYTHING!

How did they get to be Muslim majority?

I've lived in four Islamic nations: Iran before the revolution - great.

Indonesia - pretty good but totally corrupt.

Turkey - also pretty good.

Saudi Arabia fairly briefly. Horrible, no description is bad enough..

Also very very briefly in Aden, now South Yemen - exciting, there was a warring independence movement in what was then a British colony.

You know, there are American terrorists too, right?

And American extremists?

There were just 7 people killed and 3 wounded in a Christian University in California.

People who do these things come from all backgrounds, in all colours, religions, creeds...

So I mean, we can't even say "No Terrorists have come from America!" because, well, there are plenty of bad people in America who do terrible things for a multitude of reasons.

You know, there are American terrorists too, right?

And American extremists?

There were just 7 people killed and 3 wounded in a Christian University in California.

People who do these things come from all backgrounds, in all colours, religions, creeds...

So I mean, we can't even say "No Terrorists have come from America!" because, well, there are plenty of bad people in America who do terrible things for a multitude of reasons.

criminals

are

not

terrorists

Indonesia? Hope you are not female. One simple and quick example follows.

Sex & Crime in Indonesia: Why We Punish Women & Not Men

Quote:

Irdayanti Mukhtar is a 34-year-old Indonesian woman who was caned last week for adultery outside a mosque in Jantho, Indonesia. She received nine-lashes and collapsed before being taken to the hospital. Reportedly Mukhtar was molested by the crowd as she walked up to her caning.

What I find so enraging in both these stories is where are the punishments for the men involved? Why was Mukhtar punished for her crime but not the man she allegedly had the affair with? Why are women being sexualized in the press for crimes to sell papers, but at the same time being caned for being sexual? Can you imagine if a man was publicly flogged every time he had an extra-marital affair?

Last edited:
Libs on GB scream from the rooftops how "peaceful" Islam is. The religion of peace, as they call it...

Since "Libs on GB scream from the rooftops", no doubt you can quote a few to back up this claim.....? I'm the second person to ask for this, by the way. You've ignored merc so far.

And let me be the fourth person (the first three also ignored) to point out that I wouldn't want to live in a Christian Nation any more than I would an Islamic Nation. There is no double standard. I don't think that a religious text should become the law of any land.

Let me be the third to ask what 'Libs on GB scream from the rooftops' about the supposed peacefulness of Islam.

You'll be welcome by the way to the not-yet-quite-so-Islamic country of Britain :) We're resisting Sharia law up to date. No death penalty, health care paid for by the State, but with a few home-grown extremists for the most fiendish bigot to rail at.

We just can't seem to shake off being ruled by toffs though, and they're cutting back on immigrants below millionaire status. So Indian restaurants have to be staffed by Lithuanians (because we're all Europeans now) and you may have trouble getting an entry permit.

Since "Libs on GB scream from the rooftops", no doubt you can quote a few to back up this claim.....? I'm the second person to ask for this, by the way. You've ignored merc so far.

And let me be the fourth person (the first three also ignored) to point out that I wouldn't want to live in a Christian Nation any more than I would an Islamic Nation. There is no double standard. I don't think that a religious text should become the law of any land.

I am not ignoring anyone. Go ahead and do a search on Islam here. Search is your friend.

there are NO Christian nations, are there!

We go round and round about Islam. With estimates as high as 25% of all Muslims being radical (i.e. hate the West and Infidels), I see it for the oppressive religion that it is. Others here seem to think it's a religion of peace.

Now I know for a fact that someone will rant that Catholicism is no better, if not worse. Be that as it may.

Please wait for the Poll.

a religion of Peace?!

C'mon, nobody is that Stupid.

Back