Running Against Trump

Boxlicker101

Licker of Boxes
For a while, I have been seeing and reading Dem. political ads for the primary election next month. It seems like everybody is running against Trump. :eek: People, are you aware The Donald is not running for any office right now, especially no office in CA. :rolleyes:

That's the Demos for you running against Trump rather than "FOR" Equal justice, Constitutional execution, or just a anti-debt tax plan.

Better they run on "I'm not Hillary!":D

CBS/Yougov poll on voters nationwide on what types of nominees they support.

8sG6RuM.png

The Dems are literally worse strategists than The Butcher.*

*Of his own men.

Last edited:
The thing that gets me is if they did run promoting a progressive platform they'd automatically be opposed to Trump's agenda. If they don't get their shit straight and get back to the basics and listen to what their base wants they'll squander the golden opportunity Trump's and the Republican's unpopularity offers them in the midterms.

Alas the Dem leadership is so stupid and weak they'll never learn and continue to lose and lose and lose.

"Candidate X isn't Trump" is a pretty strong argument for voters anywhere who are educated voters or even any voters who want the nation to survive for two more years. He's busy tearing everything apart for no other reason than to try to save his own personal lying, corrupt, morally disgusting, criminal fat ass.

For a while, I have been seeing and reading Dem. political ads for the primary election next month. It seems like everybody is running against Trump. :eek: People, are you aware The Donald is not running for any office right now, especially no office in CA. :rolleyes:

Neither are are Barack Obama or Hilary Clinton

Well, it's not true that Donald Trump isn't running now. He's declared and is already formally running--raising money, holding campaign rallies, etc.--for president again in 2020.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxlicker101 View Post
For a while, I have been seeing and reading Dem. political ads for the primary election next month. It seems like everybody is running against Trump. People, are you aware The Donald is not running for any office right now, especially no office in CA.

Neither are are Barack Obama or Hilary Clinton

That's true, but what few political ads I see for GOP candidates in the primaries make no reference to either of those two. The Dem candidates sometimes point out how supportive they were of Obama and even of Bill Clinton, but there is very little mention of Hillary.

I'm aware Trump has announced he will run for reelection but his campaign hasn't begun yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxlicker101 View Post
For a while, I have been seeing and reading Dem. political ads for the primary election next month. It seems like everybody is running against Trump. People, are you aware The Donald is not running for any office right now, especially no office in CA.

That's true, but what few political ads I see for GOP candidates in the primaries make no reference to either of those two. The Dem candidates sometimes point out how supportive they were of Obama and even of Bill Clinton, but there is very little mention of Hillary.

I'm aware Trump has announced he will run for reelection but his campaign hasn't begun yet.

Trump is currently the leader of the GOP. I'm sure that in the history of US politics no president has continued to attack their political opponents as he has once the election was concluded.

It's pretty common to pit yourself against people in office, esp if you're on the opposing side.

Tea Party? Freedom Caucus anyone? They came from running against Obama and his policies. It's no different.

You're full of it. He's holding campaign rallies all over the country, paid for by his campaign to reelect fund. His speeches at these rallies are "reelect me" speeches. He's already actively running for president in 2020.

I know Trump's approval rating is at record lows right now but I'm not willing to rule out the possibility that he becomes the Republican nominee again in 2020. We already know Clinton is going to run again on the next election cycle so what if, hopefully hypothetically, the Democratic party once again fiddles with voting times, financial support, and their media influence, enough to make Clinton again become the Democratic nominee? So we get a repeat of 2016.

Just a random thought experiment which I see as unfortunately inside the realm of possibility.

I remember around about when the debates were happening between them and almost everybody seemed to think it was so awful to the point that people were (jokingly) calling for the abolition of term limits so Obama could stay for a third.
If it happened again I'm probably going to off-myself or something because I would have completely lost all faith in humanity.

I know Trump's approval rating is at record lows right now but I'm not willing to rule out the possibility that he becomes the Republican nominee again in 2020. We already know Clinton is going to run again on the next election cycle so what if, hopefully hypothetically, the Democratic party once again fiddles with voting times, financial support, and their media influence, enough to make Clinton again become the Democratic nominee? So we get a repeat of 2016.

Just a random thought experiment which I see as unfortunately inside the realm of possibility.

I remember around about when the debates were happening between them and almost everybody seemed to think it was so awful to the point that people were (jokingly) calling for the abolition of term limits so Obama could stay for a third.
If it happened again I'm probably going to off-myself or something because I would have completely lost all faith in humanity.

Record Lows? They have been trending upward recently, except for a slight drop in late May. http://news.gallup.com/interactives/185273/r.aspx?g_source=WWWV7HP&g_medium=topic&g_campaign=tiles

The record low is held by Harry Truman, but every POTUS since him has had lower rankings than Trump at some time or other.

We already know Clinton is going to run again on the next election cycle

Source this, please. Unless Trump is thrown out of office somehow for having stolen the last election with Russian help, I don't see Hillary Clinton running in 2020. Please cite your source for "we already know." "We" don't already know.

Source this, please. Unless Trump is thrown out of office somehow for having stolen the last election with Russian help, I don't see Hillary Clinton running in 2020. Please cite your source for "we already know." "We" don't already know.
Well snap!
Every now and then she'll do some speech or appear somewhere to promote her book which my news sources told me strongly implied a second run but I just checked the candidates who've declined to run in 2020 and she's on there. So I guess we won't see Clinton VS Trump round 2. :(

Name change then:
Trump VS Nancy Pelosi?

CBS/Yougov poll on voters nationwide on what types of nominees they support.

8sG6RuM.png

The Dems are literally worse strategists than The Butcher.*

*Of his own men.

If only the Democratic party was progressive and not neo-liberal.. šŸ˜’ which is exactly why I don't vote Democrat.

Sanders was only a sheepdog for the Democrats, he's not a real progressive.

Jill Stein and the Green party are the real progressives.

Back