New Poem Recommendations

Battle of Nagashino by a Raven in the Night is almost Tennysonian in recallin' Charge of the Light Brigade-ish doomed heroism ........
 
Thanks for noticing, Legerdemer, and thanks for the kind comment! JBJ even stopped by to leave a comment (and two stars).

I nearly felt bad about pointing to your poem because I thought it might draw the troll out, but fuck if I'm going to let trolls dictate my actions.

He did that for me too, on Vera, Primed. What an honor to be trolled, eh?
 
I nearly felt bad about pointing to your poem because I thought it might draw the troll out, but fuck if I'm going to let trolls dictate my actions.

He did that for me too, on Vera, Primed. What an honor to be trolled, eh?

Never feel bad about pointing out a good read because I, for one, would much rather have a story/poem suffer any resulting slings and arrows of criticism (deserved or not) than the far worse fate of having it sink unnoticed into the depths of Lit.

The real problem is that I think there are many readers who like/love the writing they've taken the time to read but for whatever reason don't remember or bother to vote. I see many poems with thousands of views and only a handful of votes.

If a far greater percentage of readers took the time to thank the poet with a simple click I'm sure the yays would far exceed the nays.

Great job w/ Vera, Primed btw ~ Seanathon
 
seconded. that's fabulous, and poignant.

Thanks so much, to both of you! And to those who commented on the poem itself. Spice For A Better Life is a real thing, and it does honestly make everything I put it on taste better.

Somehow it doesn't matter how much formatting I do or don't so, the poem always ends up mangled and a little squashed when I post it to Lit. Any advice on that, anyone?
 
6/20

You should read Of A Lower Star by wakingDown. I love how the title works with the poem and how such strong, clear images are conveyed with few words.
 
Back
Top