The Last Thing You Thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.
-Nods as he listens to her words-

I kind of had a feeling it was a self image thing. I know myself I've never been big on going to the gym. I'm more likely than not to hurt myself when I work out because I'm stubborn and push myself too far.

Though on the other side of the coin a great deal of my muscles have always been very toned just naturally. I'm not super tall but the football and wrestling coaches were always after me. I had the frame for it.

Now though I want to get better so I can hit the gym and get into better shape. This illness has caused lots of problems in my muscles. I actually gave some serious thought to joining the service after I kick this health problem. I might still do it.

It is a DEFINITE self image thing.
I am extremely body conscious.
Comes from always being chubby when I was younger, I guess.
SO a few extra pounds and the loss of cuts FUCKS with me.
I hate not being as toned as I know I should be.
And 40 happens next month.
And it is damned hard to get into shape once gravity starts beating you down.

*hugs him*

I can see how being ill and constantly in pain would make the gym a not happy place. Especially if you are a bit of a perfectionist (and one can tell that you are).
You would definitely over do just because you would think that what you have already done is not nearly enough for the changes you are trying to achieve.

Waiting until you are on an upswing physically is a much better idea.

And which branch? (If you were to be in the service, I mean?)

My son has given thought to the Airforce...
I personally would want him in the Army or Marines...
But he is math and puter happy and the USAF seems a better fit.

I should have probably sent a "Who I am" note with those.
Eh, maybe they'll put 2 and 2 together.
Hopefully their math is better than mine.

Okay mom...come out of hiding.

I can't live without you, you were right about everything...everything.

This isn't fair....

I dance for you...you know? And I wish I could see you...

I'm fine.

Feels herself being lifted and lets it happen. She barely moves, and only snuggles into, closing her eyes.

You wanna know how it feels?

Yeah.

No.. you really don't.

It is a DEFINITE self image thing.
I am extremely body conscious.
Comes from always being chubby when I was younger, I guess.
SO a few extra pounds and the loss of cuts FUCKS with me.
I hate not being as toned as I know I should be.
And 40 happens next month.
And it is damned hard to get into shape once gravity starts beating you down.

*hugs him*

I can see how being ill and constantly in pain would make the gym a not happy place. Especially if you are a bit of a perfectionist (and one can tell that you are).
You would definitely over do just because you would think that what you have already done is not nearly enough for the changes you are trying to achieve.

Waiting until you are on an upswing physically is a much better idea.

And which branch? (If you were to be in the service, I mean?)

My son has given thought to the Airforce...
I personally would want him in the Army or Marines...
But he is math and puter happy and the USAF seems a better fit.

-Nods softly hugging her back-

Well I've never tried to pin down your age. To me you have an ageless quality so I'd never thought to try and figure it out. I understand though I used my body hard in the years I have lived, when it was fucked up to begin with I pushed and what is going on right now might be me paying the price more or less.

Strained my left shoulder twice, right shoulder once (All at the same job lol) Dislocated my right shoulder, injured my left wrist 3 or 4 times. Last time I didn't think I was going to be able to use it anymore. So I baby the damn thing now because last time was scary. It swelled from fingertip to elbow for over a month. Nothing helped. Then it just.... fixed itself over night. A few lower back injuries too. Nothing serious, some strains but my muscles are just not as elastic as the average person.

I do push myself very hard and that is part of the problem. I know I should start slow but I always think just a few more reps, just a bit longer and occasionally it blows up in my face like when I separated the tendons in my wrist by lifting an aimoire by myself.

I have teased with the idea of joining the army several times in my life. The first time I was just coming out of high school and I almost joined the army band. The second time was when I was fire fighting. It is the sort of thing I have always wanted to do but I tend to have a hard time with authority... hah.

-Nods softly hugging her back-

Well I've never tried to pin down your age. To me you have an ageless quality so I'd never thought to try and figure it out. I understand though I used my body hard in the years I have lived, when it was fucked up to begin with I pushed and what is going on right now might be me paying the price more or less.

Strained my left shoulder twice, right shoulder once (All at the same job lol) Dislocated my right shoulder, injured my left wrist 3 or 4 times. Last time I didn't think I was going to be able to use it anymore. So I baby the damn thing now because last time was scary. It swelled from fingertip to elbow for over a month. Nothing helped. Then it just.... fixed itself over night. A few lower back injuries too. Nothing serious, some strains but my muscles are just not as elastic as the average person.

I do push myself very hard and that is part of the problem. I know I should start slow but I always think just a few more reps, just a bit longer and occasionally it blows up in my face like when I separated the tendons in my wrist by lifting an aimoire by myself.

I have teased with the idea of joining the army several times in my life. The first time I was just coming out of high school and I almost joined the army band. The second time was when I was fire fighting. It is the sort of thing I have always wanted to do but I tend to have a hard time with authority... hah.

Egads man!! Are you put together with duct tape??

Oh if you were near by, I would go to the gym with you!!
I miss having a work out partner, as I tend to focus on the other person when repping to failure gets old.

I wanted to join the Army, right out of H.S. Graduated with a 4.2 GPA and talked to the recruiter and everything. wanted my nursing degree. Figured it would help to get training while I was serving.

I could not meet the height/weight requirement...

At 5 feet tall and 18 years old, I should have weighed no more than 120.
I weighed in at 126...with a 22 inch waist line...
perfect size 3.

Muscle weighs more than fat and black women carry their weight a little differently but there was no way I could lose that last 6 pounds without starving myself.

So I couldn't get in...as I hadn't any prior training (NO ROTC for me) and that was before they allowed you to make weight during basic (1990-91)

This time she doesn't purr, but her body does relax some, and she lets out a heavy sigh.

Inhales her scent, nuzzling behind her ear and continues to stroke

I wish I could hug you for real, kitteh.:(
Cuz you feel like you could use a patented wolfy hug...

Inhales her scent, nuzzling behind her ear and continues to stroke

I wish I could hug you for real, kitteh.:(
Cuz you feel like you could use a patented wolfy hug...

Manages a small smile.

I would like that.

I just feel like....

I don't know.

I don't know.

I wish I could just be happy! But it creeps up and soon I'm just...barely going through the day.

Egads man!! Are you put together with duct tape??

Oh if you were near by, I would go to the gym with you!!
I miss having a work out partner, as I tend to focus on the other person when repping to failure gets old.

I wanted to join the Army, right out of H.S. Graduated with a 4.2 GPA and talked to the recruiter and everything. wanted my nursing degree. Figured it would help to get training while I was serving.

I could not meet the height/weight requirement...

At 5 feet tall and 18 years old, I should have weighed no more than 120.
I weighed in at 126...with a 22 inch waist line...
perfect size 3.

Muscle weighs more than fat and black women carry their weight a little differently but there was no way I could lose that last 6 pounds without starving myself.

So I couldn't get in...as I hadn't any prior training (NO ROTC for me) and that was before they allowed you to make weight during basic (1990-91)

I feel like it some days. This was before I knew that my muscles just are not as elastic as they are supposed to be. My muscles carry tension all the time. Doesn't matter how much I stretch, even muscle relaxers only help so much.

So when I work out or push too hard it is very easy to damage them. Best example I can give is you know how a tape measure is supposed to roll back after you let it go, but sometimes it doesn't? That is how my muscles are. Sometimes they don't go back to the right place. They are very strong, but also more prone to injury.

I really miss fire fighting by far the most enjoyable and rewarding job I have ever worked. I would have made it a career except for the hard choice I had to make. After injuring my wrist so many times I had to weigh doing the job I loved versus putting someone's life in my hands and having my body fail and putting them in danger. In the end it wasn't a hard choice logically but it was an emotional one. I completely felt it was my calling, ya know?

Also I would love a work out partner. It would help keep me motivated. When my shit gets back together I was thinking of getting a personal trainer to help me work out without killing myself.

Last edited:
I feel like it some days. This was before I knew that my muscles just are not as elastic as they are supposed to be. My muscles carry tension all the time. Doesn't matter how much I stretch, even muscle relaxers only help so much.

So when I work out or push too hard it is very easy to damage them. Best example I can give is you know how a tape measure is supposed to roll back after you let it go, but sometimes it doesn't? That is how my muscles are. Sometimes they don't go back to the right place. They are very strong, but also more prone to injury.

I really miss fire fighting by far the most enjoyable and rewarding job I have ever worked. I would have made it a career except for the hard choice I had to make. After injuring my wrist so many times I had to weigh doing the job I loved versus putting someone's life in my hands and having my body fail and putting them in danger. In the end it wasn't a hard choice logically but it was an emotional one. I completely felt it was my calling, ya know?

*sighs and offers you one more hug, gently*

I swear, you are an amazing human being.
I think my respect rose by a rather large set of degrees.
*nods*

It must have been a very hard decision and though you made the only one you could at the time, I am sure it is a pain that most people who ARE NOT called to save lives will ever understand.

It was why I wanted to be a nurse, specializing in pediatric cancer care.
Ultimately, I found out that my heart couldn't take the wrench of professionally caring for someone who may die, well before they should.

(I found that out during my CNA days...and it broke my heart)

Anyway...NOW I have to go look at pictures to cheer me up...as we have gotten so damned serious that I wanna sniffle all over you.

Also FD~I am a terror in the gym.

My average work out is~

20 minutes elliptical
2 sets of circuit~ 12 different machines, 12 different step stations, 30 seconds each~total 30 minutes...five minute break and then once more
15 minutes treadmill...

(That is three days a week)

Two days are devoted to Tae Bo
and my off days are short Pilate tape days (body stretching and relaxation, nothing else)

*sighs and offers you one more hug, gently*

I swear, you are an amazing human being.
I think my respect rose by a rather large set of degrees.
*nods*

It must have been a very hard decision and though you made the only one you could at the time, I am sure it is a pain that most people who ARE NOT called to save lives will ever understand.

It was why I wanted to be a nurse, specializing in pediatric cancer care.
Ultimately, I found out that my heart couldn't take the wrench of professionally caring for someone who may die, well before they should.

(I found that out during my CNA days...and it broke my heart)

Anyway...NOW I have to go look at pictures to cheer me up...as we have gotten so damned serious that I wanna sniffle all over you.

-Smiles softly giving her a warm squeeze-

I didn't make the army BMI when I went there either. Though I have a thick frame over all I have gained a bit of weight since being ill.

I always wanted to do something that helped people. I was aiming at first for pathology, then I thought about nursing. I decided on fire fighting after 9/11 happened. I got to do it for a while and it made me happy so I am content with that.

Go luck at happy pictures sweet wolf. I have a Lady who is owed my attention.

-Kisses her cheek-

Have a wonderful night, I may or may not be back. :kiss:

The league can try to defend and explain the call last night all they want.

There is NO WAY that call is made with the regular refs. No way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back