Veroe's idea box

I was going to offer someone the role of Solomon, pimphand, but the thing is you'd have to wait until after we get out of the training phase of the thread-that may or may not take a while, and we get to the Count of Monte Cristo part of the story with Morgan and Remming in the society to scamming their way to destroy him.

The story will start when Remming and Morgan have abducted Minx's girl and begin the training process.

So the structure will be.
1.) just three players at first
2.) Then ballooning into five players (with Solomon and his prized slut) or more if interest in it is great enough.

also the players will need to put their heads together to figure out the complicated rituals in the society they'd have to go through.
 
I'm going to keep my fingers crossed and hope that RL is going to lay low now after all the attention I've paid to it for the last -god knows how long-.

I'm back... to see about cashing in that rain check you gave me. I unfortunately, don't have anything to offer at the moment in terms of new ideas, but I do have a window of time now to try writing again.

Of course, should your decision change about brainstorming and/or writing with me change, do let me know. No hard feelings regardless.
 
Well, what kind of thread do you want, VT?

Romance/adventure
Bdsm
Mystery/thriller
Erotic Horror
Hell, superheroes, paranormal romance, or light-hearted comedy-any genre of thread.

That's the first question to answer when working an idea for a thread. What am I in the mood for?

When that question's answered the next step is to look how others have handled the same genre.
For example say if you were in the mood for BDSM...check out the excellent scenework Kaena and Logan do in her dungeon or for that matter LT and Rider do in her den of iniquity or CGraven does in the catacombs of the China Pearl or Leopald Minx and FM do in the Lion's Pride. That'll teach you what flavor of BDSM you want in it, and who out there may be a potential Roleplay partner.

when you have an idea of what flavor of sex you want look at how others have incorporated that into plots...for the example of BDSM I look back to the various threads CGraven has done or Trithire or LucianDevine or Sinfulwhispers has done (Those are fantastic writers especially within this subject-but that may be just me being a hopeless fanboy of theirs).

That usually starts me thinking what if that had happened to them there, what if it had started here rather than a couple pages ago, what if she were a blackbelt karate champ rather than the shrieking violet, what if...,what if..., what if....

That usually gets those idea juices flowing through me. Then all you need is that lightning bolt from your muse. That one thought that sparks off a wildfire idea in your brain for a plot of your own.

And Alternately don't be aftaid to make something cliche---like with BDSM it'd be starting at a slave auction---Luciandevine uses this alot to start his threads but not one is the same as the other because he and his partner diverge from the cliche gradually as the thread progresses (again I'm a hopeless fanboy of his)

so to reiterate the first question: What are you in the mood for?
 
contemplating whether or not to start a thread inspired from the latest novel in my favorite Erotica series Joey W. Hill's Vampire Queen series.

Vampire Trinity
 
Well, what kind of thread do you want, VT?

Romance/adventure
Bdsm
Mystery/thriller
Erotic Horror
Hell, superheroes, paranormal romance, or light-hearted comedy-any genre of thread.

That's the first question to answer when working an idea for a thread. What am I in the mood for?

When that question's answered the next step is to look how others have handled the same genre.
For example say if you were in the mood for BDSM...check out the excellent scenework Kaena and Logan do in her dungeon or for that matter LT and Rider do in her den of iniquity or CGraven does in the catacombs of the China Pearl or Leopald Minx and FM do in the Lion's Pride. That'll teach you what flavor of BDSM you want in it, and who out there may be a potential Roleplay partner.

when you have an idea of what flavor of sex you want look at how others have incorporated that into plots...for the example of BDSM I look back to the various threads CGraven has done or Trithire or LucianDevine or Sinfulwhispers has done (Those are fantastic writers especially within this subject-but that may be just me being a hopeless fanboy of theirs).

That usually starts me thinking what if that had happened to them there, what if it had started here rather than a couple pages ago, what if she were a blackbelt karate champ rather than the shrieking violet, what if...,what if..., what if....

That usually gets those idea juices flowing through me. Then all you need is that lightning bolt from your muse. That one thought that sparks off a wildfire idea in your brain for a plot of your own.

And Alternately don't be aftaid to make something cliche---like with BDSM it'd be starting at a slave auction---Luciandevine uses this alot to start his threads but not one is the same as the other because he and his partner diverge from the cliche gradually as the thread progresses (again I'm a hopeless fanboy of his)

so to reiterate the first question: What are you in the mood for?

Thank you Veroe. That was a nice way of making this whole thing a lot less intimidating.

I think I've overdone the whole N/C story line. I'm horrible at the Romance game but I'm interested in giving it a shot. I like adventure.

I always wanted to write something like a murder mystery, but I never was able to figure out how... and comedy just doesn't work with me. I think I lack whatever aspect it takes to be humorous.

I think my biggest hurdle about a romance story is how to keep the story rolling. It seems really hard to keep things happening and still develop the romance aspect of it all. But that's just me.
 
The best romantic stories aren't just about the romance part of it, that's the central motivation to the story, but the world is moving to. The mistake alot of poeple make when trying for a romance is they try to put the two people in a bottle protected from the forces of the outside world so a romance can happen.
Where as the successful ones have the forces of the outside world motivating the forcing these two people together.

A good example is my thread: Star wars: A Galaxy Turned Upside Down

Myself and Sia Klynn both decided to let the characters develop the romance at their own pace. Another mistake people make here is that they think since its SRP they have to head for the bedroom asap. Me and Sia haven't even gotten our characters naked yet and we've managed 142 posts between us developing quite alot of juicy and believable (IMHO) romantic tension between our characters.

OF course it helps that I'm such a huge Star Wars geek that I'm just as impassioned over the events of the outside world in the thread as getting naughty with Sia's character.

So your in the mood for something romantic. maybe with some mystery and some adventure too...

Perhaps we should use the classic romance trope: The star crossed lovers formula.

What genre: fantasy, mythology, scifi...etc?
 
I generally have a preference for fantasy just because I can make things up and not have to rely on my terrible history background.

I lose steam on Sci fi really fast. Evidence from my attempt in Clans and a much older attempt with CT. I think part of it is because I stop believing in what I write. Part of Sci Fi seems to be twisting what we know now as reality into some futuristic sort of understanding.... but it falls apart really fast when reality gets stretched too thin. (I don't know if I'm making sense here.)

Mythology.... I don't know entirely too much on mythology. I like the stories I've read so far about them, but that just seems it for me. I feel like Mythology is an aspect of spice in a story, the deities, the temperaments etc are only there to add emphasis to a completely different story with different people.

I suppose now that I think about it, it's always possible to write mythological characters doing other things, but it never occurred to me to do so.....

I've a tendency towards Dystopia. Evidenced from my last 2 threads - Psyren, Shadows of Eden...
 
hmmm...so a dystopic fantasy world.

Have you ever read Dragonlance chronicles, VT. anyway in the general backstory to that world the mortal races became so arrogant and posturing that the gods turned their backs on them and sent a meteorite down striking their world and causing what's called the cataclysm where lot of the races started becoming xenophobic and isolationalistic suffering under the after effects of the meteor strike what with their prayers being ignored. Something like that would fit a dystopia don't you think.
 
Sorry for the delay.... Bleach came out and I was catching up on three weeks worth of it. Also had to wiki Dragonlance....

Thank you for the food for thought... I'll let it marinate some more.... Will update you if something strikes...
 
You're very welcome, VT? Have you finished marinating that idea for the dystopic fantasy yet?

I don't think I have finished marinating yet, I don't know if its possible to finish marinating on an idea, but I have thought about it. It's a bit of a stretch from where we first started.... but here goes -

It was the meteorite that started this beginning - the beginning of the end. The chaos, the destruction .... the despair, all carried its weight upon the survivors. Survivors that now found themselves in a place where necessities were scarce..... It was a miracle that such survivors that fought so desperately against each other for their basic needs would unite once more - but that price was paid in blood....

The witch hunts began. Fear that filtered through the masses that desperately needed hope and a scapegoat, found it as they turned upon those that had so long lived in peaceful coexistence.

Rumors on the wind suggested that their kind was what brought about the wrath of the gods, whispers were what insinuated their crime of calling down destruction....

-end cohesive thought

Begin random rambles- The obvious question that came up, was what defined a witch. Were they people who had actual abilities? if so then what? or were they civilians falsely accused? It stands to reason that the accused could receive what little assets belonged to the guilty.... should guilt be proven.... and now what?

-end ramble

Not sure if that got me anywhere... lol sorry it lacked so much structure...
 
It sounds like a good beginning thought.

What we need now is world building, fortunately its something I'm pretty good at.

Let's look at the pillars for typical epic fantasies:

Elves
Dwarves
Humans
Orcs
Wizards
Fantasy creatures (Dragons, Trolls, ....etc...)

What we need to do now is figure out how each of these lived before the meteorite and how their lives changed afterward.

Also we need to define whether a witch from your idea is the same as a wizard or if not what is the distinction between them.

I too have marinated on the idea and let me tell you what I have come up with.

The Meteorite hit in the ocean sending massive tsunamis wiping out the predominant human empire set on an island (think ancient Rome mashed with the legend of the destruction of Atlantis) sending the humans into organizational dissaray while still facing years under a meteor-caused nuclear winter where their crops won't get any or near enough sunlight to grow. The Dwarves honoring the ancient alliance and trade partnership they had with Humans took in refugees, but there was just too many of them and not enough food. So friction between the two races built and built over decades until finally there was a civil war between the two former comrades. Now the humans rule the Dwarven underground kingdom with the dwarves relegated to second class citizens in their own homeland. But there is a terrorists/freedom fighters of dwarves valliantly struggling to return a Dwarf to the throne.

I'm not exactly sure how your idea about prejudice towards witches comes in, but I think we can manage it.

And Orcs. My idea is now after the meteorite the orcs still live on the surface loving the nuclear winter. There's not alot of sunlight to hurt their eyes, and the humans left ruins they've taken and twisted into their own empire and civilization.

Oooh, just occurred to me: the difference between a witch and wizard could be the set of powers they use. Wizards can cast elemental spells like fireball or lightning bolt. Witches have precognition first(they were prophets before the meteor) maybe if a witch's power is refined and trained can develop empathy, telepathy, and telekinesis.

What do you think?
 
A couple pics I've come across that I want to stash here for inspiration later.

1196441289865.jpg


sub53.jpg


sexy-1.jpg


devils_mistress_4a.jpg
 
I'd like the girl in the dress << >> Er.... *flees*

Me too.

Do you know how hard it is to find a pic of a dominant lady not in leather or latex or rubber with chains or whips in hand.

*sigh* that pic shows the kind of mistress I'd want. Not really interested in getting flogged or humiliated just dominated.
 
Me too.

Do you know how hard it is to find a pic of a dominant lady not in leather or latex or rubber with chains or whips in hand.

*sigh* that pic shows the kind of mistress I'd want. Not really interested in getting flogged or humiliated just dominated.

*considers for a few moments* Well, I'd say Sailor Mars, but I'm pretty sure she can create a flame whip....
 
:D I knew there was a reason she was my favorite sailor.
 
nods she's hot too. Hell, they were all hot, but Mars was the one that stirred things down south, ya know.
 
I've seen sailor moon hentai and doujinshi before, Razor.
 
Maybe I should check it out, but I've had it with Doujin. 1. I can't read Japanese. 2. They always screw it up on me by making the hot girl a dickgirl or making her breasts ridiculously huge or using children, or the artwork inside is no where near as hot as the cover, or the girl gets raped by some tentacle monster.

There've been precious few that have been really wankworthy. Most have promise but then they screw it up on me.
 
Back
Top