Unnamed Star Wars adventure.

Kenzie63

Virgin
Joined
Dec 7, 2015
Posts
25
I am looking to start a Star Wars adventure
I don't have any specific idea in mind at the moment so I thought I'd start with checking interest.

I think I'd like it to be set post Episode 6 and set it in the expanded universe without any Disney additions. But we can discuss that as well.

Feel free to ask questions or post ideas.
 
I think the person that started this thread is no longer posting. Shall we just continue without them?
 
I like free form best.

What ideas do people have?

Here are my thoughts:

1) I understand the Jedi rule of "no attachments"... However, if the dark side of the force can use hate to become strong... why can't the light side use love? It would take a very special kind of force user/jedi, but once they mastered this force energy... they would become very powerful.

Story could be set after the clone wars, or after the last movie (Last Jedi)

2) Empire/darkside was looking into genetic modifications in addition to clones, prior to the close wars. These genetically modified beings were all force capable. Anyhow, the creatures/beings were unpredictable... so empire/darkside put them all on a cargo ship and staged an attack (making it look like the republic did it). Anyhow, the few remaining force beings save the ship.

Story is about the beings figuring what they are... who tried to killed them all... and then seeking revenge/fighting for the republic. (Story allows for any creature type joining the star wars universe... and unique force powers... etc)

3) Non-traditional rebel forces. We all are a bunch of misfits. The empire pisses us off... and we figure it is time to fight back. We form our own rebel force... and cause trouble for the empire.
 
They all sound interesting, though I think I would prefer the last.

I have a couple of other plot suggestions, based on stuff I have plotted out before:

- During the clone wars, a young inexperienced noble is sent on a diplomatic mission, accompanied by a Jedi advisor and personal bodyguards (and possibly a protocol droid). When their star liner is attacked, they escape to an apparently primitive planet and must work together to survive and eventually escape.

- any era - Pirates attack a smugglers ship after a tip off about a valuable cargo. When things go wrong and the cargo is lost, the pirates and smugglers pool resources in order to escape their very displeased employers. (Pirates or smugglers could be former jedi/sith)

- any era - A crack team of up-and-coming novices are recruited from different parts of the Alliance for a secretive and sensitive mission - people who's absences will not be noticed, but who hopefully have the right skills for the job. In the tight confines of a refitted scout ship, how will their relationships develop? (I originally ran this one before The Force Awakens, and using the Extended universe (after the Garrisom-Palleon accords - the peace treaty between the imperial remnants and the New Republic.) Doing this would in theory allow characters drawn from either the Alliance or the Imperium, or both)

- or, if it turns out to be just the two of us, how about something in the vein of "Enemy Mine" - two pilots from opposite sides crash land on a hostile planet and have to work together to survive...
 
I like your third idea "A crack team of up-and-coming novices"

If you don't mind... I can integrate one or two of my ideas in my character's history...

I asked Series 6 for plot ideas too
 
Shall we give it another couple of days to see who is on board?

And do you have any thoughts on what you want to play? I'm guessing you prefer to be a force user?

If you force user isn't also a skilled pilot, I'll take the pilot roll, otherwise I'll probably play some kind of heavy weapons specialist.
 
Seems like my other ORPs fell into silence.

I like to play a fallen Sith Lord who is busy repenting his sins and working his way towards the Light.

If you can work with that I'd like to partake, otherwise feel free to continue as you were.
 
TertiusHuman,
You are one of my favorite writers!!

I think a fallen Sith lord sounds great. I'd think the character would be keeping his past a secret... but that is cool. Fodder for future plot twists!!

Thoughts... Led_Astray?
 
Name: Fibi
Age: 22
Weight: 120
Height: 5’11”
Hair color/ Eye Color: Red/Green

Back story

Fibi is Zeltron from the planet Zeltros. This humanoid race is best known for being extremely lazy and pleasure seeking. The entire planet has been converted to a pleasure world as declared by the Monarchy. If anyone is not having a good time on Zeltros, the Zeltrons would certainly know of it, and would do their best to correct the situation.

Considered highly attractive and desirable by most humanoids, the Zeltron race possesses two special biological traits. One is that all Zeltrons can produce pheromones, similar to the Falleen species, which further enhanced their attractiveness. The second trait was their empathic ability, allowing them to read and even feel the emotions of others. Because of this ability, "positive" emotions such as happiness and pleasure became very important to them, while negative ones such as anger, fear, or depression were shunned. This in turn has influenced their culture, which is largely based on sexuality and the pursuit of pleasure.

Fibi is even more unique. She was taken from her mother's womb and genetically modified by the Kaminoans. "Fighting/aggressive" genes from the Echani species were introduced. This was to make her more of a fighter... than a lover. She has a strong and unusual connection with the force. She was placed into a very demanding fighting program at an early age... and is very deadly with any saber (light or otherwise).

As she progressed, the Kaminoans determined the experiment was a failure. Fibi was too unpredictable to control. They decided to kill her and several other "failed" experiments. They placed them all on a cargo ship (100s of beings) and had space pirates attack the cargo ship. Fibi managed to survive the attack and now works "free" lance.

Fibi is an excitable woman. Reckless in battle. Loves sex. She views things in a positive way and she tries to see the best in people. She is trustworthy to a fault. She HATES the Kaminoan cloners, and the empire.

Weird Force Powers:
She can not do most Jedi or Sith force powers (no mind control, telekinesis, astral projection, communication over distance, etc).
Can do the following:
- She senses the force in others
- She can accelerate her motion
- Produce fire from her hands (the flames of passion)
- She can combine her Zeltron abilities with the force to make weak minded males (and some females) feel confused with love
- She can absorb hate energy (The darkside lightening attack)
 
Last edited:
They both sound good to me. Welcome aboard, Tertius! (May I call you Tertius?). And i very much look forward to meeting Fibi.

I'd suggest a setting of very early empire. The Jedi (and anything that resembled them are gone), the separatists are defeated, and the imperial boot is just beginning to be applied to anyone that shows republic sympathies.

It would give both of you force users reason to be keeping a low profile (and give us some good source material to use from the "Rebels" universe, such as the use of inquisitors to hunt down suspected Jedi)

***

Having a Penitent Sith and a Genetically Engineered Force User along makes it hard to run with a "crack team of novices" in military terms, but we could be a team of freelancers assembled for a specific job (whether that be robbery, sabotage or assassination) by a mysterious client, kind of like a sci-fi caper movie.

Which also gives plenty of room for plot twists ;) - our client may not be who they say they are, and the job may not be what they say it is.

Said client could also supply our ship, whatever it may be. I have a fondness for the diminutive (and non-canon) Subpro JS77, or the well armed YKL-37R Nova Courier, but I'm easy ;)

I have a few suitable floor plans we might use, which I can post later if you are interested, or there are plenty online. (I like to know where things are!)

***

Tertius, would you like the pilot role (as well as melee)? Force users often have faster reflexes than normal folk, making them excellent pilots, I imagine that would be as true for the Sith as it was for the Jedi.

***

If so, I shall go with the role of heavy - Kolem Govek, a Devaronian Mercenary with a penchant for heavy weapons and demolitions - a large male humanoid who laughs in the face of danger, and lives for the moment because tomorrow, he might be dead.

He fought on both sides of the separatist uprising, wherever the pay was good, always moving on when a contract was finished due to the wanderlust his species is well known for. "I don't care about your cause, man. My only loyalty is to the credits. Give me the creds for my ticket to a new part of this screwed-up galaxy, and I'll shoot in whatever direction you tell me to until the contract is done."

The only time he seems to be serious is when setting or disarming explosives... "I don't mind dying, but I don't wanna be remembered as the dumb-ass who blew himself up."
 
I'm interested. I'm more interested in seeing if there's a character who might tie the group together a little. What's the roster at the moment?
 
We need a commander!

So far a force sensitive, too reckless... female hand to hand combat expert
Another more traditional knight (sith lord redeemer)
Heavy weapons specialist

I also have a Gran NPC in my back pocket... not smart, but good soldier
 
A commander - unless our ex-sith fancies that role. In which case a pilot, or possibly a mechanic (or both).

Or possibly a combat medic. (if we don't get one, possibly Milkmaiden could add force-healing to her power selection)

Would be nice to get an even male/female balance too, but I don't expect it matters.

****

Any ideas for a name for the story (or do we name it after the group or the ship?) Might be nice to start a new OOC thread for discussion and recruiting purposes.
 
Last edited:
I'll set things up on Wednesday...

Until then... work on your first posts.

I'm thinking our mysterious client is named "Hoss". No one has ever seen him. But the following holo image appears on our comlinks.

We don't know each other... we don't know "Hoss"

We are on the planet "Subterrel". A mining planet. Located near Kamino, beyond the Outer Rim. It has a Acidic Type II (Breath mask suggested)
Climate: Acid fog
Primary terrain: Caves
Fauna: Apple slug


My draft post below IC:

Fibi


Most folks see "Tidustries Mining" as the worst place to work on Subterrel; a tangled mess of Kaminoan-created clones (known as shovel-handed miners), Gamorreans, Gotal, and small groups of other races from around the galaxy. They have greed or poverty in common. The ghettoes, vice and corruption, were everywhere, but at Tidustries Mining it was worse. The whole place was an armpit, a cesspool.

I had been doing a few small jobs for a mysterious client named "Hoss" on other planets. Most of the jobs involved screwing over the Kaminoan cloners. I hate those fucking cloners. So when Hoss asked me to head over to Subterrel for my next mission I said "sure".

I was having my doubts about that decision as I walked toward the local bar, P2-08. It was just before 1 am in the morning, a light acid rain was falling. My protective acid rain poncho kept me dry and safe. My breathing mask protected and prevented lung damage from the acid air.

P2-08 was a dump. Stupid name too. I kept thinking "pee-too or ate". But the place did have good drinks, and the food you could keep down. That was a plus.

I entered the bar. The place was a mess. The counter was greasy and the floor had not been swept in days, maybe all week. Old papers, empty glasses, half eaten food littered the floor. The few people in the place were drowning themselves in alcohol. A couple of pilots... or smugglers, were talking about business in hushed tones in one corner.

I received my glass of Corellian rum and made my way to a dark corner and took a seat. I removed my rain poncho, but continued to wear my hooded cloak. I was carrying my combat knife, laser blaster and my light saber. The thick cloak and my outer clothing covered all of my weapons.

“I hope this job is not a piece of shit like this bar” I whispered to myself as I popped open my comlink and looked for messages. I found nothing. Then the door to P2-08 opened, letting in rain, wind, and a few scraps of discarded newspaper and …
.


Fibi

http://forum.literotica.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2043993&d=1522220244
 
Last edited:
Nice - I don't think any of my forum stories have been 1st person before, so that will be an interesting change :)

My own first draft...


I had to duck my head slightly as I entered the Cantina. It's not just that I'm tall, but most humanoids don't take horns into account when desiging doors. The curse of the Deveronian, they make wearing a helmet impossible but they come in handy sometimes and none of us would consider having them removed.

Casually pulling off my protective poncho and mask, I looked around the room, taking in the dirty floor and the despairing souls pickling their insides with cheap booze. I couldn't help but grin, displaying my sharp teeth. It was like coming home. I'd never been on Subterrel before but every planet, even the shining city-planet of Coruscunt, has a bar like this.

Glad to be out of the acid rain, I stretched my broad shoulders, straining the under-weave of my jury-rigged battle armour. You could almost read my recent history from looking at the patchwork of armoured pieces attached to the weave - here a vambrace from clone battle armour, there a section of umbaran trooper plating. And whilst I wasn't expecting trouble, I kept a hand near the heavy blaster pistol on my hip. You never know what is going to kick off in a place like this, and my preferred weapon, the bundled up grenade launcher strapped to my back, wouldn't really be appropriate in any kind of bar fight.

I headed towards the bar, and got myself a drink. Not that I was lookign to get drunk, but nothing raises more suspicion in the local lowlifes than somebody in a bar that isn't drinking. Surprisingly, they had Clendorian, though I suspected it was watered down in a dive like this. With Large, foaming mug in hand, I leaned against the bar, surveying the Patrons. Somehere in this random collection of soaks and criminals was my contact. But then again, maybe they hadn't arrived yet, and as if on cue the door sung open again, admitting the acrid stench of acidic fog and...
 
[ooc]im working on it... how about a pilot/mechanic?

Sounds good to me - means Tertius can concentrate on Sith stuff rather than being the pilot too :)

As the "Wheelman" any thoughts on ships? Something big enough to hold us all, plus whatever we might be required to shift - be it goods or people - but with the speed and firepower to stay out of trouble. But not an outright military ship, that would attract too much attention...
 
Sounds good to me - means Tertius can concentrate on Sith stuff rather than being the pilot too :)

As the "Wheelman" any thoughts on ships? Something big enough to hold us all, plus whatever we might be required to shift - be it goods or people - but with the speed and firepower to stay out of trouble. But not an outright military ship, that would attract too much attention...

I'm leaning toward the Nova Courier. Please share any information you have but this is what I found:

1. It was an SWG ship and that game will always have a special place in my heart.

2. It's kind of generic to start with so we can let our imaginations run with it.

3. It was, according to some sources, commonly found in the hands of smugglers and pirates, even though it was originally sold to the alliance. This gives it good reason to end up in our hands.

4. The company that made them was on its last legs (according to one source) so parts are hard to come by and the ship probably requires its fair share of creative maintenance. Thankfully, the ship was built to be easily maintained, so we have that going for us.

I guess it makes an appearance in Force Unleasehed but it's been a long time since I played it so I don't know if it figures prominently or not?

Here's how it worked in Star Wars Galaxies (non-canon): https://swg.wikia.com/wiki/Nova_Courier
Here's a layout from what looks like somebody else's RP: https://i.pinimg.com/736x/62/75/e3/6275e3d0e44b462756cee1d8b80b80d6.jpg
Here's the wikia page:
https://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/YKL-37R_Nova_Courier

The question will be if I show up with the ship or if we "acquire it"? We should probably also pre-plan a few things the ship needs to be able to do or accommodate.

My character:
Kovit Waya
Species: Half Kiffar
Skin: Deep Tan
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Braided and Black
Height: 1.9M (6'2")
Markings: Bright green band running horizontally below his eyes and across his nose. Green patches form camouflage-like markings along his arms.
Abilities: Psychometry (ability to sense what others were experiencing by touching items they once touched)
Weapon: Czerka Adjudicator slug thrower (holdout pistol)

Kovit was born to a Kiffar mother and unknown humanoid father on Nomad City. He had no love for the hard conditions on the mining ship-city and, after seeing his mother grow sick and die, he escaped as a teenager on a stolen shuttle. After learning how to look after the engines and systems on Nomad City, he figured any smaller ship would be easier than selling a vibro-axe to a Gamorrean.

Unfortunately, shuttles don't often come with strong defensive capabilities and it wasn't long before a bounty hunter tracked down Kovit and "reclaimed" the shuttle in order to collect the finders fee. Thankfully, the bounty hunter stuck Kovit in an escape pod and pointed it at the nearest inhabited planet. After a couple years repairing and flying sub-space ships for other people, someone was crazy enough to give Kovit a shot at flying light freighters. One discarded cargo and several parsecs later, Kovit was soon making a reputation for himself as a talented pilot and clever smuggler.

Kovit uses psychometry, an ability many Kiffar are born with, to help him discover all the little secrets newly acquired ships may be hiding. He can sense how the ships were used in the past, which allows him to glean what the ship might be capable of. It also helps him figure out how past crews operated a ship: when they were in a panic, what areas of the ship or systems were they drawn to? He isn't as talented with psycometry as someone like former Jedi Master Quinlon Vos, but it gives him a general sense of his surroundings when the stakes are high.

Kovit is generally skeptical of new people. In spite of his upbringing away from the Kiffar native worlds, his genes lead him to view the galaxy in terms of clan-like structures. As a clan-less half-Kiffar, he finds he doesn't tend to belong among other Kiffar and has a tenuous relationship with his fellow species members. He likes to test the wits of the people around him and enjoys keeping secrets until the knowledge can prove valuable. He's driven by a need to keep moving and has rarely formed strong bonds with others.

Sorry for some typos/etc in this post. I'm in a bit of a hurry right now. Also, I'm willing to chat off-site or send me PMs if it helps with anything. I'll post my first IC post by tomorrow night. Weekend will be pretty free for me. I'm on Eastern US time. What about you all?
 
Last edited:
Looks like a good fit for the group :)

And fortituously, the Nova is one of the ships I have detailed plans of my own for:

ykl_37r_nova_courier_lower_deck_by_mayhem_on_da-dazehbn.png



ykl_37r_nova_courier_upper_deck_with_catwalk_by_mayhem_on_da-dazgzyo.png
 
I was going to start the post today... but I'll give it one more day.

Title for the story: Merry Band of Royal Misfits - A Star Wars Adventure

thoughts?


PS... I love the ship!!
 
Back
Top