Soybean farmers are fucked

RobDownSouth

Never Banhammered
Joined
Apr 13, 2002
Posts
72,138
When President Trump hit China with steel and aluminum tariffs earlier this year, the Chinese government retaliated with a punitive tariff on soybeans.

Soybean farmers voted something like 85% for Trump, they are one of his key core demographics. The Chinese wanted to hit Trump where it hurt: right in the base.

Well, Trump promised to send our tax dollars to these poor impoverished factory farms to make up for their 25% drop in income...

(The fine print was that Trump delivered 80% on his 100% promise, which is actually pretty good for Trump....not so good for farmers).

There was some bad news for farmers today, so naturally Trump didn't deliver it, he sent out Agriculture Secretary Tom Perdue instead.

Perdue to soybean farmers that their ride on the government gravy train ended at the stroke of midnight on December 31st of this year.

Happy New Year, you sucker farmers!

LINK
 
Divide the soybean farmers who voted for Trump from the ones who didn't. I'll feel sorry for the ones who didn't. Those who did can get fucked.
 
The Soy Bean Farmers aren't the only ones to be fucked before this nightmare is done. :eek:
 
Rotting soybean crops

So much winning!

Trade wars are easy-peasy!!

Average soybean farmer took a 25% loss in income this year.

Sucks to be them.....fuck 'em all though. They voted for this.
 
Gets better and better...

Commie pinko fag soybean farmers are doing what they've done in years past when they can't make a profit, storing their grain in yuge commercial grain silos and praying that the price will recover before the next planting season.

Oopsies! So many farmers doing that this year that ALL grain silos are near 100% of capacity. Storage is at a premium now, and storage prices have tripled since last year.

Farmers are outraged...OUTRAGED DAMMIT....by this lack of storage capacity and higher storage prices and are retaining lawyers to sue somebody.

Good luck with that!
 
Fucked Soybean Farmers declaring bankruptcy in record numbers.

Twice as many bankruptcies last year than during the Bush Recession!

Wonder how many of those "rugged individualist" plowboys regret their vote for Trump now?

Edited to add:
Fuckers voted for Trump over Clinton by a 70-30 margin.
Support for Trump by soybean farmers is now barely 50 percent.

Kudos to the Chinese for identifying one of Trump's core demographic voters and ass-raping them sans lube.
 
Last edited:
I think America will last a lot longer without Chinese steel than China will without our soybeans.

Dozens of steel mills and foundries that have been closed for yeas have reopened. Aluminum foundries have reopened. This puts AMERICANS back to work making LIVING wages.

Farmers lost some money this year. Next year they'll plant a different crop and be right back in business.
 
I think America will last a lot longer without Chinese steel than China will without our soybeans.

Dozens of steel mills and foundries that have been closed for yeas have reopened. Aluminum foundries have reopened. This puts AMERICANS back to work making LIVING wages.

Farmers lost some money this year. Next year they'll plant a different crop and be right back in business.
China is getting plenty of soybeans from Russia and Brazil. You know, their loyal trading partners.
 
Trump's base consists of angry whites who voted for Trump because he hates the same people they do.

When Trump's economic policies harm them they will continue to support Trump as long as they have reason to believe that all the people they hate are suffering even more than they do.
 
This is what happens when you trust your business to government management. :D

The question is why do you folks on the left want to max out their control/power to manage not just commerce but your personal lives and even thoughts??

Do you think they will do a much better job micromanaging your life than they will the soy/pig farmers basic as fuck business they can't seem to manage?

Tell us more about how wonderful the government is. :D
 
Back
Top