looking to chat

Thanks for posting. I haven't been on lit much, but I'm back for now.

so you mean you're not a straight-rider with an 8 in the middle? :)

are you for real?? I much prefer chatting in real time too!

as to the lit-gathering: I think it would be interesting to see who would attend and what would happen

3. I, personally, am more of the "make friends, then intimacy" type. Typically I don't lie about anything except my name.

7. tell me about yourself and what you'd like to chat about.
I'm a 39 year old male currently studying for a PhD in a business-related field. I'm open to just about anything, from making friends to getting somewhat kinky. I've done text chat, phone (although rarely), and cam, though I typically avoiding communicating over email or Lit because of the delay. I much prefer chatting in real time.

8. have you ever been to a lit gathering?
Nope, to be honest didn't even know they existed.

Hello there, Thanks for posting!

4. That's sad, isnt it? I've also met a few guys who seemed like great guys, yet through time, most of these friendships gradually disappear.

8. haha, that was funny! Yea, maybe you can organize one when you finally hit Tokyo. :)

4. How has your experience on lit been? if you have any particular experience you'd like to share, please do so.
Pretty good, I've met some wonderful women and have gotten to really know a few of them quite well. In college I met a woman here who was almost twice my age, she helped me through a difficult time. Unfortunately we fell out of touch.

Wait there are gatherings? I can't even get the chat feature to work properly

2. Guys, if you send a PM to a woman, are you really expecting a reply or is it "no biggie" if she doesnt send you a reply? How do you feel?
Some guys get so offended by this, but that is weird to me. Not everyone owes you a response!

3. This probably happens with both sexes, but since I generally chat with guys, my question would be: why do guys lie when they chat online?
Guys lie in real life too, which sucks. I think guys can feel like they are not manly enough or whatever and have to go over the top.

4. How has your experience on lit been? if you have any particular experience you'd like to share, please do so.
Top notch. Some crazies, but mostly really smart interesting people

5. Since I'm from South East Asia, have you been to this region?
Many times...I'll tell you where later. But the people are amazing

6. whats your best experience from lit? this could be anything from a story (tell us which one); a litster; a voice; a picture; something new you learnt about yourself; .... etc etc.
Meeting some really fun, sexy, smart people that are around to chat when I need them.

Would rather say in chat...

Nope. Not into crowds of people I don't know personally...

While I still would like to chat (with the right person/people), this thread has mostly evolved into a form of sharing/discussion. (See below ** for list of topics).

If you'd like to chat, please tell me about yourself as well as what interests you (see Q7). If we match, I'll definitely post you a reply. However, if all you're looking for is to talk dirty, please don't waste both our time.

** For convenience, here's a list of all the topics that we've talked about:

1. Have you ever met a lit-ster?
If you did, how did it go?
If you havent, would you?
2. Guys, if you send a PM to a woman, are you really expecting a reply or is it "no biggie" if she doesnt send you a reply? How do you feel?
3. This probably happens with both sexes, but since I generally chat with guys, my question would be: why do guys lie when they chat online?
Yes? Please share where you've been and what you liked/disliked about it.
No? Well, if you could, where would you go? Why that destination?
6. whats your best experience from lit? this could be anything from a story (tell us which one); a litster; a voice; a picture; something new you learnt about yourself; .... etc etc.

Not forgetting: do you have any thoughts/questions to ask and share?

Let's go...pick one topic and talk about it at length, or answer all, if you like!

Feel free to join in! :)

~~~~~~~~~
The original post:

i'm bored and would like to chat with someone who's interested in more than sexual chat. (Yes, I know this is literotica) :)

Allow me to clarify: no, we WONT be chatting or role-playing about your fantasies - at least, not on the first chat and not if I dont know you. Thank you for understanding!

I'm in Sydney which is a bit further south than you. So, in answer to your questions, let's go:

Yes, there was a Lit Gathering here in Sydney at a local club for dinner & drinks. It was a good night. I also got together with a woman from Perth (Western Australia) who flew over to spend a few days in Sydney, also good.

Well, it's disappointing if someone doesn't bother to reply but it's not the end of the world is it? Sometimes you just have to understand that you may not meet that persons' criteria or you have different ideas or They're just not interested.

Probably the same reasons that woman lie online. Their online persona is generally different to their real life persona. Take a look at everyones' usernames, and their avatars, and that will tell you more about their thinking than an hour of talking online will do.

It's been pretty good. I've met some really funny people on here and we've had some very entertaining times on Lit together. Unfortunately, a lot of the original Litsters I knew from here have dropped off or just got more involved in real life events and I don't hear from them anymore. One woman from Greece used to travel around Europe with her husband and they would take photos from the most amazing locations and basically give a travelogue of their trips. That was always interesting.

I haven't travelled outside of Australia since 1984 but I'd like to travel around South East Asia because of the different cultures, the people, the foods & the scenery. Japan, Thailand, Taiwan, Korea, the Phillipines are all on my bucket list.

It was the Lit Gathering, and the 1 woman who flew all the way across country to spend 3 days here in Sydney. They were all very nice & down to earth.

I'm a Ranger with the New South Wales (state) government and I work in The Rocks dealing with both locals & tourists. I love hearing about where people come from and the different lifestyles and discussing our different cultures.

:rose:

As mentioned previously, it was about 15 years ago.

Hey there. Thanks for posting, it was easy, wasnt it? :)

2. Thank you for saying that! Some of them get really nasty, if they dont receive a response...while others dont get the hint and continuously keep sending PMs.

4. lucky you!

5+7. Sure, let's chat.

Some guys get so offended by this, but that is weird to me. Not everyone owes you a response!

Top notch. Some crazies, but mostly really smart interesting people

Many times...I'll tell you where later. But the people are amazing

Would rather say in chat...

Thanks for posting, SydneyScorpio!

See! There really is/was a Lit Gathering! even if it was 15 years ago. :D

I'm in Sydney which is a bit further south than you. So, in answer to your questions, let's go:

Yes, there was a Lit Gathering here in Sydney at a local club for dinner & drinks. It was a good night. I also got together with a woman from Perth (Western Australia) who flew over to spend a few days in Sydney, also good.

It was the Lit Gathering, and the 1 woman who flew all the way across country to spend 3 days here in Sydney. They were all very nice & down to earth.

As mentioned previously, it was about 15 years ago.

Guys lie in real life too, which sucks. I think guys can feel like they are not manly enough or whatever and have to go over the top.

appears you were speaking from experience...?

I have yet to. I would like to at some point. I think it would be really cool and an interesting experience. Though, like many have said, there needs to be some chemistry there as well.

2. Guys, if you send a PM to a woman, are you really expecting a reply or is it "no biggie" if she doesn’t send you a reply? How do you feel?
It depends. If I’m working with someone on an active role, then I hope they reply. Recently I was talking with someone about a role and they chose someone else, though I was never given a heads up, so it’s kind of a jerk thing to do in that scenario. If someone is asking for advice, a nice thank you would be appreciated. But something where there is no needed response, I’m not a huge fan but I won’t judge them because of it.

From my experiences, people feel that they need to “justify” themselves to others for whatever reason. I personally have no reason to lie, so I won’t. But I also think some of it may be an intimidation thing. The idea of will this person talk to me if I don’t have a monster dick or I was ultra-secret-special forces just doesn’t help anyone.

4. How has your experience on lit been? If you have any particular experience you'd like to share, please do so.
I’ve had an amazing time on Lit. Usually I’m working on several roles, once in a while I’ll go into the chats. I like meeting new people and finding out different experiences. One person that I use to do a role with would sometimes ask for help with homework while she was in college, so it made it an interesting conversation via PMs where half of them on the story and the other half about homework or something else.

I have not been to South East Asia. If I were able to go, I would probably find a place where there’s a nice monastery or temple and take photos there. The fact that it would be isolated would be a plus since it seems those are so rare now.

6. What’s your best experience from lit? This could be anything from a story (tell us which one); a litster; a voice; a picture; something new you learnt about yourself; .... etc etc.
Probably getting to know some of the people on here a bit more. There’s been a few times where life interrupted things, but we still decide to either pick up or start over on a new role. The other thing is that I’ve been working with people who have been pushing me to improve on my writing and working in that aspect.

7. Tell me about yourself and what you'd like to chat about.
I’m 36, single, never married. I’ve been working this past year on enhancing my writing skills and also my photography in my free time. I’m average looking, sometimes serious, sometimes funny. I’d like to chat about the day to day stuff. How you’ve been doing, what’s been new and exciting, etc. Even though this is mainly a erotica site, that doesn’t mean you can’t get to know the person in a different way. On the flip side, I’ve been to all 50 states, Mexico, Canada, England, Scotland, Whales, Portugal, France, Italy, Kuwait, Egypt, and other places. So I have a lot of experiences that I can bring to the table.

8. Have you ever been to a lit gathering?
Like many other people, I didn’t even know they were a thing. Depending on the gathering, I would probably be interested in going, just to say I at least tried it. Worse case is I may not have the best time. Best case is I have a wonderful time.

Thanks for posting, FireyIce!

Reading through your post gives the impression that you're mostly here to be role-playing.

I would love to have the opportunity to visit all 50-states, and talk to an ultra-secret-special forces guy ;)

As to the monster dick -- well, been there done that, he turns out to be the world's most natural liar. so really, not a turn on. so size does not matter, guys! :D

From my experiences, people feel that they need to “justify” themselves to others for whatever reason. I personally have no reason to lie, so I won’t. But I also think some of it may be an intimidation thing. The idea of will this person talk to me if I don’t have a monster dick or I was ultra-secret-special forces just doesn’t help anyone.

Never actually met anyone on here but have had many chats. Everyone so far has been really fun.

I have, twice. Both were nice experiences. One of them was a one-time meet (we did sleep with each other, but no more than that one time). The second lasted quite a bit longer, we lived close and got to see each other pretty regularly for nearly a year before she moved away.

It's normally no biggie. Sometimes people are busy, they're away from the keyboard, or simply do not want to respond. I personally try to respond to everyone, even if it is to politely say I can't respond. :)
My one pet peeve I think, the only time I do get a little upset, is if someone takes the time to respond to you in a rude or self-centered way. You can say you are not interested in a polite and respectful manner. There's no need to be a jerk.
Or just don't even respond. But why take the time to come off as an asshole?

I'm sure everyone lies or stretches the truth.
But I find this place to be the one place I can be most honest about who I am, my thoughts, my feelings, my experiences. Things I may not be able to share with the people in my regular circle of friends in the real world. So I personally try to be as honest and forthcoming as I can be.

I have met some very interesting people, and have made very positive connections over the years. As I said before, some of my thoughts and feelings are not exactly easy to share with most people, so finding people of like mind is always great. But I have had some bad experiences too.
Usually, with liars. No matter how good a liar you think you are, eventually you'll get caught.

I have not, but would love to. I have traveled to other parts of the world, just not made it to Asia yet. I would love to visit Vietnam, Thailand, Cambodia, Malaysia. I would love to visit China, Japan, Korea, and the Philippines.

I think the best experience I have had is a combination of learning more about myself, being able to bounce ideas and feelings off others who don't judge is a great learning experience. I also love the fact that I know I am not alone. My thoughts and feelings might be rare, but there are others out there who understand. :)

Very open-ended question and I would not want to bore everyone. Just your normal 47 year old, divorced, white guy, educated, successful career, who probably thinks a little too much on the darker side of things. Haha.

No, I have not.

Thanks for posting, Bob. I think it's normal/acceptable for anyone on this site to have darker thoughts..... :)

Very open-ended question and I would not want to bore everyone. Just your normal 47 year old, divorced, white guy, educated, successful career, who probably thinks a little too much on the darker side of things. Haha.

Lets see whetehr i wil get a reply or not for being honest here

Here are my answers
Nopes, but i would love too meet some of lit-sters.

I do expect a reply but if she doesnt I am ok with it as maybe she is busy somewhere else.
PERSONALLY, I JUST LIE ABOUT MY PERSONAL INFORMATION as its internet we cant trust people easily.
its been not bad so far, made a few friends here and got conncted with a few on hangouts. No such experience to share so far except met a fake girl here , got to know when we did skype video call.
No, i want to visit it , and planning to visit soon, I want to visit all of the southeast asia, including Thailand, Indonesia, Maldives, Bali ,etc.
6. whats your best experience from lit? this could be anything from a story (tell us which one); a litster; a voice; a picture; something new you learnt about yourself;
ha ha ha not that i remember any right now
i do had a chat with Indian lady and she turned out to have same set of fantasies and fetishes that i have
I have mostly wrote this in my profile, I am an Indian man,who loves to chat and explore new things, I can chat about anything , maybe I can try atleast.
nopes
thats all about me, you can also check out my profile for more.

No, however I am very much open to meeting a lovely lady from here! So if you are out there, please dont be shy!

Yes, as answered above. Ideally, I'd love to develop a FWB relationship

I send out heaps of PM's to women, I don't have a huge response rate. I am certainly not bummed if I don't get a response. Its somewhat expected, given the male/female ratio around here.

I can't answer for other men, but I try to avoid lies... I usually like to cam with a women, so there is no point to lie about any particular feature of myself. I do however, avoid or tell a creative lie about things such as my occupation, etc. I usually avoid certain topics as they may identify me.

Great, I have met a number of really attractive lades here and we have cammed and chatted for quite some time.

I have visited Singapore

I was there on a business trip, so didn't see any of the main attractions, as I was in a conference most of the time. However, I did meet some lovely locals while out one night.

I enjoy chatting and engaging with liters by cam/mic. I have also learnt heaps about fetishes, etc. I was also encouraged by a lister to visit a massage parlour and get a happy ending. It was the best thing I have ever done. So, yeah I am super grateful for that

I am 29, live in Sydney. I am super open-minded. I love to talk about fantasies, share experiences, chat on cam/mic. I enjoy, on occasions, some role play.

I am single, have a somewhat active social life. I am tall, have a lean body and enjoy being outdoors.

No, but I would like to!

would i visit SE asia

yes, i would like to see vietnam, get a feelling for where my nephew died in 1969 around danang

1. No i have never met a litster but i would meet them if i knew for sure that they were who they said they were and after talking for a while and seeing what they look like prior to it.

2. I'm not really that bothered by it because its so old school imo that i dont expect a reply quickly and if they dont send on i just forget about it anyway.

3. I honestly dont know the answer to this question. When i chat with someone i always try to be as honest as possible. Although this is quite rare if i am unable to answer a question because it is too personal or i just dont want to i let them know.

4. I have quite enjoyed Lit so far. Nothing has stood out to me in my experience other than making a couple of fun friends here. I spent most of my team in the chat.

5. From the countries you get when googling south east asia i have been to Singapore. i was quite young when i went there but do remember that I loved the experience. We had a really cool guide i remember lol. From what i remember of the experience there was literally nothing i disliked about it. I was quite surprised when that guide told us that they shoot the crows there and thats why theres so few crows and bird poop. (Still dont know if he was joking or not).

I went to thailand more recently. The bazaar places were really cool and i loved the street food like the watermelon juice they make right at the foodcarts/stalls. tasted so damn good.

I also have a quite a few friends from malaysia, indonesia and vietnam so it would be cool to visit them sometime.

6. Honestly im not quite sure what my best experience here was but i guess one of them would be making a girl cum about 3 times from cybering with her lol. People tell me im good at it but im not sure i am lol xD

7. Im a 5'11 guy who's 20 years old living in australia for uni. I love playing basketball and also play badminton occasionally. I love reading books (fantasy type ones almost always). I enjoy watching anime and i love music. I listen to kpop and khip-hop as well as the usual stuff. Id just like to talk about our interests, what we have in common and if we talk more often just about how our days have been and stuff. I would also like to talk about our sexual interests eventually too.

8. No i have never been to a lit gathering

This is where I live

yes, i would like to see vietnam, get a feelling for where my nephew died in 1969 around danang

Hello Dave. I have lived in Da Nang now for 2 years. The Vietnamese people are lovely gentlefolk and the city is beautiful. If there's anything that I can do to answer your questions, please ask.

I'm originally from Taiwan, but I love Southeast Asia... Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia. It would be nice to live there sometime. More cosmopolitan.

Hello Dave. I have lived in Da Nang now for 2 years. The Vietnamese people are lovely gentlefolk and the city is beautiful. If there's anything that I can do to answer your questions, please ask.

Did you just hijack my forum? haha... I doubt you'd reach dave here, send him a separate PM!

I'd definitely visit Vietnam at some point, esp Hanoi (and HCM), be nice to include Da Nang and some of the other towns along the way.

1. Have you ever met a lit-ster?No
If you havent, would you? Perhaps

2. Guys, if you send a PM to a woman, are you really expecting a reply or is it "no biggie" if she doesnt send you a reply? How do you feel? Depends on the situation. If a woman asked to be PMed and she doesn't reply, it kind of makes me wonder why she even asked to receive PMs in the first place. If I blindly PM her, then it's no big deal if she doesn't respond. That's my opinion.

3. This probably happens with both sexes, but since I generally chat with guys, my question would be: why do guys lie when they chat online? Why do women lie online? Same reasons I would assume.

4. How has your experience on lit been? if you have any particular experience you'd like to share, please do so. Fairly new here, but so far no complaints.

5. Since I'm from South East Asia, have you been to this region? No
Yes? Please share you've been and what you liked/disliked about it.
No? Well, if you could, where would you go? Why that destination? Japan and the Philippines. Japan because everything is very accessible and there is so much to see and do at all hours. Philippines because I have heard it's a beautiful country as are the women.

6. whats your best experience from lit? this could be anything from a story (tell us which one); a litster; a voice; a picture; something new you learnt about yourself; .... etc etc. Conversational topics. I find it fascinating and fun to read as well as participate.

7. tell me about yourself and what you'd like to chat about. Where to start? Hrm, okay... I am American Italian, 5 feet 9 inches tall, 175 lbs average build, brown hair and eyes, and single. I am a programmer for a large corporation and enjoy my line of work. What would I like to chat about? Travel, adventure, and I think you should answer these questions as well. Would love to hear what your answers are

8. have you ever been to a lit gathering? No, never knew there were any until tonight when I read there was one 15 years ago.

Back