What is crossing your mind right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is insurance going to cover anything? She should apply for state and federal disaster assistance. I helped several people go through this during the 2011 tornado outbreak in the South. I know when you lose everything it seems impossible, but look for every avenue. It's doable.

Prayers are with you.

Yes she is applying for all of that plus her insurance but she won't get full market value. Outside of the clothes we have bought her and toiletries and 3 pictures found at where her house stood she has nothing.

We have raised jut under 1000.00 so far. Hopefully these benefit shows will raise more.

How we are going to help our Aunt rebuild. Everything gone including her daughter. She needs so much. My wife's band is playing 3 benefit shows with 1/2 proceeds going to her Aunt and the other half going to the disaster relief fund. Hopefully we can raise a lot of money. She is 68 years old. How does one start over at that age?

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

The Lord works in mysterious ways. He never gives more than you can handle. At times it is hard to believe that, but we need to trust in him.

:rose:

How we are going to help our Aunt rebuild. Everything gone including her daughter. She needs so much. My wife's band is playing 3 benefit shows with 1/2 proceeds going to her Aunt and the other half going to the disaster relief fund. Hopefully we can raise a lot of money. She is 68 years old. How does one start over at that age?

God bless you and your family.
I won't say I know how you feel, nobody does. I've stood very close to where you are though and my heart breaks for you.
You don't start over, you keep going.
You have the prayers of my entire family.

Is there a link where donations can be made to the benefit you and your wife are putting together or is the main disaster relief website the way to go on this one?

In this life we have to lift each other up. :heart:

Is there a link where donations can be made to the benefit you and your wife are putting together?
Excellent idea, if you've not already put something like this together...

In this life we have to lift each other up. :heart:
Indeed! *lifting IHC & his loved ones (and community) up with all of my soul*
:heart:

I like my neighbor. She is very sweet. Unfortunately she's always doing something artsy crafty outside or in her driveway that turns out beautiful and makes me want to not like her.

I don't know what I want for dinner. It's after 8 PM. I'm hungry. I don't want to cook. Yet I still don't know what I want to eat. Grrrr.

I don't know what I want for dinner. It's after 8 PM. I'm hungry. I don't want to cook. Yet I still don't know what I want to eat. Grrrr.
My fall back is pasta with oil and garlic.
Put on the pasta to cook
Sautee some garlic in olive oil.
Remove the garlic from the pan leaving the oil
Peel and cut up a fresh tomato (or other vegie that you may like.)
Add cooked pasta to the flavored oil
Mix enough to coat the pasta
Add the vegie long enough to warm it to taste
Serve topped with the sautéed garlic.

Yumm

I like my neighbor. She is very sweet. Unfortunately she's always doing something artsy crafty outside or in her driveway that turns out beautiful and makes me want to not like her.

This is how I feel about people who are such great cooks/chefs/bakers...you know, those culinary arts people.

But I will like them...they usually feed me.

:eek:

This is how I feel about people who are such great cooks/chefs/bakers...you know, those culinary arts people.

But I will like them...they usually feed me.

:eek:
I'll never tire of your avatar.
You can't beat that in a bakery.

My sailing buddy just informed me that he has an aggressive form of prostate cancer.

He's not that much older than me.

Last year, I lost another friend to the same disease.

These things certainly have an effect on my priorities.

My sailing buddy just informed me that he has an aggressive form of prostate cancer.

I'm sorry to hear that Z. I lost a friend a year ago to the same, but didn't find out about it until 6 months after he passed.

So sorry hun. *Hugs*

I did not know he was a sailor
If i knew we would have changed tack
I wish his buddy a certain and speedy recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back