Star Trek: The New Frontiers (IC)

A young lieutenent came onto the command deck and relieved the young ensign that was at the helm. Quickly he scanned over the controls of the helm to make sure everything was set as it should have been to maintain a standard orbit around the planet. He tilted his head from the side to side to try to loosen the collar of the starfleet uniform. Truth be told, his uniform was rather constricting in certain areas including around his neck, that was one thing he missed about the Klingon Navy. Well that and the fact that the cruiser he had been on patrol duty so they had seen a decent amount of action.

He adjusted his collar a bit more and returned to focusing on his console once more. It was different here in this ship, in starfleet. It was gonna take a while to get used to this, he had already had one transfer to this ship after he had made an honor claim after one of the ensigns had insulted his adopted father as Duncan had been entering the officers mess hall. However due to the fact that the ensign had been related to an admiral and the fact that Duncan was the adopted son of a Klingon Thought Admiral, Duncan was given a transfer to another ship.

So he had gotten transferred here.... No real patrol duty, instead they were orbiting this planet and surveying it. Oh well, so far it wasnt too bad, a wee bit boring perhaps but then all starship duties were a bit boring at times.
 
Emily Star

Emily flushed and nodded, she felt a little foolish for even saying anything," I don't doubt you know what you're doing sir." she smiled,"And Im sure you're allowed to have fun, its got to be in the rule book somewhere."

They walked for a bit, cautiously and quietly before the Captain called their retreat. The camp wasn't too far and she followed suit. Listening to the Captain attempt to contact the ship she began to feel a little uneasy...okay a lot uneasy. She had no idea what was going to happen next..""

"What else.."she mumbled quietly to herself before saying out loud,"Are we having fun yet?"
 
Planetside - Alien Encounter

The squad of alien female troopers moved a in lightening formation. Darting from the trees to surround the Captain and his small guard squad. Harsh words in a softly musical language ripped from their masks. Weapons leveled at the intruders.

Moving out of the trees at a slower pace was another solitary figure.

The initial squad maintained it’s formation, their barely form concealing armour shifting as they moved. The weapons they wielded were most obviously deadly, and of unseen alien technology.

The solitary whispered a few words in that language of the heavens and the guardians shifted position, allowing the newcomer through.

“ברכות של Mandar העמים. למה אתה אשם על האדמות שלנו?”
 
Captain Torres

Miguel had drawn his phaser when he exited the cave. When he was surrounded his first instinct was to try and fight his way out. However his training and experience told him that right now wasn't the right time for it. "Oh yes I'm definately having fun now." he told Lt. Star.

He lowered his guard not wanting to be shot by whatever or whoever these people were. He didn't understand what they were telling him. Probably that they were surrounded. But that wasn't totally true, there was one word that the UT had picked up. And that was Mendar. "I'm Captain Miguel Torres of the Federation starship Chimera." he told them. If the UT had been able to pick up Mendar, then it should be able to translate the rest of their language given time.

(star, aliens, and anyone else on the planet)
 
Emily put her gun down as well and looked at the Captain,"More fun?" she mumbled quietly with a raised eyebrow. She did't know the race and wasn't sure what would insult or offend them. As such she did her best to stay quiet, relax her posture and not give off any signs that might insult them. They were the ones with the upper hand here and as such she didn't feel like attempting to go 'Chuck Norris' on them.

She looked around at the others and gave a weak smile. Then let the Captain make his move, or the aliens.

<tag all>
 
S'H'ara - S'H'ara's Quarters

Sighing S’H’ara shook her head. *Your cogitater does not, or will not, comply with my requests for that information. It responds with ‘Access to that information is denied.’ I have tried phrasing my requests for planets, species, and populations in several different manners. But to no avail.*

*A Mechanicus adeptus is an individual that has biological functions damaged, or intentional removed, and replaced with technological components.*

*The Necrontyr are also known as the Undying. A species of life that is wholly mechanical in nature. I do not know whether they are an experiment, a tool, or a natural function. They may have been created as a servant class, perhaps even a warrior species for another race. But that doesn’t matter anymore. They are their own species now. Warriors, heavy guard, harvesters these have been seen and classified. I don’t know of any civilian, or scientific classifications amongst them.*
 
With the orbit secure, Duncan set about using the computer to scan the stars around them to see if they matched any of the star charts in the computer systems. So far there had been no real match which made little sense to him. Surely they couldnt have been hurled into another galaxy by the impact could they? Then again, potentially it was possible with the type of engines that they had propelling the ship.

Perhaps when his shift on the bridge was over, he would mention it to the science officer and see what the science officer would say about it. But the question would be whether or not it would avail them much under the circumstances.
 
Joint Post - Planetside

Eldarian Leader
Captain Miguel Torres

Pausing, the leader of the aliens looked at the Captain and his cohort through her expressionless mask. "Do you understand these words?" she asked, her voice still beholden to that musical tone.

"Yes, we do" Miguel said as he focused on the alien leader, but still kept an eye on the others with her. "We come in peace. We were told this planet didn't belong to anyone but if we've infringed upon your territory we'll leave." he said, although that was something he really didn't want to do until the ship was repaired. Or at least until they had enough to effect repairs.

"Monn-Keigh!!" The leader spat, her word vicious and filled with hate. "Leave now. Our worlds despoiled by your species never again!! Travel and destroy you do. Leave!"

"I'm sorry you must have us confused with someone else." Miguel said. He had every intention of doing as she had asked him to dom but he didn't like being blaimed for something that he didn't do. Besides the Federation might one day come back here. That is if they ever made it back to the Federation. "We are new to this galaxy, we are lost and trying to find our way home. We've only been around here for about a week." he said.

"Lies, you speak!! Your peoples are known to the Eldarian. Encountered before we have. Worlds lifeless you leave. Despoilers of Life. Begone. Return no more. One revolution of this world you have to leave. Take nothing from here. Leave nothing you have brought."

"We'll leave. What have you done to the rest of my crew?" he asked her, since he hadn't noticed them here, and T'Ker never replied to his hail.

"Untouched, they are. Except the one. Weapon he used. Exterminated he was. The Banshay are ruthless and fast. Stop them I could not."

Miguel slowly brought his hand up to his face and cupped his chin and then rubbed it over his goatee. He wondered who it was that had been killed. Another life that he was responsible for, and had failed. He was so angry he could scream, however he remained visibly calm at least. "Very well then, we'll leave your world. We'll take everything we've brought here, but nothing from here." he promised. "But tell me one thing, who is that you think we are?"

"Monn-Keigh."

"Never heard of them." Miguel said. "I'm from a race known as human, from a planet called Earth. I represent the United Federation of Planets, which are several different cultures that believe in peace. I can't tell you were Earth is unfortunately, since we don't even know where we're are. But so far we've encountered only two other races in your galaxy. The Mendar, and the P'Rotek." he told her, still trying to convince her that they weren't who she thought they were. "In fact we were told this world was uninhabited, even our sensors didn't show any signs of sentient life."

"Our world. Mendar, like Monn-Keigh.. with arm spikes.. mutation they are. Anomaly. Species impurity. P'Rotek are devout, Foolish. Suicidal. Irrelevant."

"That they are, the P'Rotek tried to blow up my ship." he thought. "My ship is damaged, I have several people hurt, and we're short on supplies." he said the tone of his voice changing in hopes of gaining some sympathy. "We are a long way from home. Can you tell us of a world as abundant in resources as this one that we could go to?"

"No. Help you despoil worlds we will not."

Miguel wasn't going to argue with her. Her mind was made up, and she believed them to be these Monn-Keigh. "Very well then." He tapped his comm. badge. "Torres to Chimera, cancel all work details. Lock transporters on all our equipment that has already been beamed down, and return them to the ship. Seems that this planet belongs to someone already, and they don't want us here."

"Confirmed sir. Do we need to send down a security detail? We haven't been able to reach you for several minutes. All communication frequencies were being jammed."

"Negative to security detail. No more people will be beamed down to this world." he ordered. Then looked at the alien leader. "You said one of my men was exterminated. Was there anything left of him?" Miguel asked. If there was he didn't want to leave the body here, he'd make sure that the officer received a proper burial.

At a gesture a squad of heavily armour figures moved from the trees. four of them carried the corpse, while the rest formed a secondary perimeter of weapons. Whereas the first group was obviously female with large amounts of skin showing, these were completely encased in armour, and quite probably male. At least from the way they moved.

Laying the body on the ground, the squad moved back, allowing the humans, the Monn-Keigh, to reclaim their dead.

"Thank you." Miguel said and then looked down and saw who it was. He leaned down and activated the homing beacon on the communicator. "Lock on to the subspace beacon and beam it directly to sickbay. Inform them that we have a man down." he ordered again over the open channel.

"Confirmed, Captain," Commander T’Ker replied over the comm channel. “All away teams and supplies have returned, excepting your group." As the body beamed out she added, "We're locked onto your position and ready to beam you out."

"I wish we could have met under better circumstances." he told the alien leader. "Commander beam us up."

"Return not to this world," The alien replied, as they faded from view. "Monn-Keigh."

A few moments later Miguel and his two guards were back on the Chimera. He stepped off the transporter pad the demand of the alien leader still in his ears.
 
Captain Torres

Now that Miguel was back on board he wanted to get the hell away from this world. The aliens had given him a day, but they didn't need a full day thankfully. "Torres to T'Ker. Commander Break orbit as soon as soon as possible. We'll also need to start looking for another location where we might be able to gather supplies."

<T'Ker?>
 
Red Alert (Attn: Everyone)

Captain Miguel Torres and Commander A'Lex T'Ker

"Captain, Two vessel's have decloaked. One is directly aft, the other is off the port bow." T'Ker called out as Red Alert sounded.
Miguel sighed "I'm on my way." he said and started running to the nearest turbolift. Hopefully Lt. Jo'lee had managed to get a few more phasers online he thought as he rode up in the turbolift. "Report!" he called out as the lift door opened, and before he even had a chance to step onto the bridge. His attention was already going to the main viewer to see what they were in for.

Aurora2.jpg


"There was no warning. No sensor blip. Nothing. They just, appeared." Commander T'ker replied from the science station, where she was overlooking the on duty officer's work. "There has not yet been any energy readings that would indicate they are even there. No Engines. No weapons. We are not even registering Life Signs."

"Yeah and we didn't detect those aliens on the planet either." Miguel reminded her. "Do they match anything we've seen from the Mendar or P'Rotek?" Miguel asked as he stepped down to the command deck and stood in from of his chair."

"Negative Captain. The design is distinctly not either previously know species."

"Hail them and ask their intentions." Miguel said to know one in particular. "What's Chimera's status?"

"Captain. If we get in a fight...." She didn't bother finishing the statement. To complete the statement was illogical. "They have also declined to respond to hails."

"It's possible that these ships are connected to the aliens on the planet below. In fact I think it likely." Miguel said as he finally sat down in his chair. "Helm break orbit and take out of this system. Standby on warp drive until we've exited the surrounding nebula." Miguel ordered. "We had more time on their clock, but let's see what they decide to do." Miguel said softly.
 
"Aye sir, orbit broken off. Course laid in, exiting nebula in fifteen point two minutes. Orders sir?"

Duncan's hands danced over the controls, this is where he came into his own. He enjoyed helm control when the ship was in danger, this was when his job was the most vital. He increased the impulse drive to full so that the ship shot ahead away from the nebula.

"Captain, do we have weapons or shields?"
 
Captain Torres

"Shields are useless in a nebula Lieutenant you know that." Miguel said as he continued to look at the main viewer and the ships that were now escorting them out of the nebula. The ship was at red alert, so the first thing the tactical officer would have done was charge the phasers, load the torpedo tubes, counter measures on standby, and ordinarily the shields would have been raised as soon as the change in alert status had occurred.

Those ships were big, each one 2 km long compared to the Chimera's 600 meters. Even if they were in perfect condition Miguel doubted that they could match up well against this ship. What was bothering Miguel was the lack of information on those ships. If they did get into a fight, they would be firing blind since they couldn't tell where their engines, or weapons were.
 
Alien Vessel

“What are your orders, Seer?”

“Follow them. Do not engage. We shall observe these new Monn-Keigh.”

“They are Monn-Keigh! They defile and despoil worlds.”

“They are new.”

“THEY ARE MONN-KEIGH!!”

Arching an eyebrow the Seer coldly gazed at the Commander of the Guard.

“I.. I apologize, Seer.”

“Maintain Alert Status. Do not charge the lance cannons unless they deviate course. Alert me to any change in their status.”

“Yes, Seer.” Backing out of the room he left the kneeling woman as she entered a meditative state.
 
S'H'Ara's Quarters

Mari nodded thoughtfully, "Yes, I can see where you get that style of language. We have the ability to replace either lost limbs or neural functions with technology. Mostly, though, they are for people who have a profession that needs that particular function. We do not, however, bionically enhance ourselves without need. Because of the mix of races, however, sometimes its necessary for one race or another to do."

Raising up from her seated position, she paused, "I'll have a word with the captain and see where your troubles with our databases is coming from. I must admit, though having encountered many species, that I don't recall a completely mechanical race. There are of course..." she paused, wondering if she should reveal facts about the Borg, but with the apparent blocking of access to some bio functions for species with the computer, she wasn't sure what this alien woman should have access to.

Mari herself did not find anything unhealthy about allowing S'H'Ara this information, but it was not her prerogative. "It was nice chatting with you, but unfortunately I will have to be leaving now. I'll speak to the captain as soon as I can, I promise you." She made her way to the door and when it swished open, she turned and gave the alien woman a friendly smile, "We'll have to talk again some time soon. I hope the repairs on your ship are going well."

Then she was gone and heading towards the turbolift.
 
Emily stood at her station, the red alert lights always gave her a headache. She made a note to head to sickbay afterwards to remedy it. That was if they lived long enough. Whenever she'd served on a ship and it entered red alert she couldn't help but fear the worst.

"Captain, phasers charged, torpedo's loaded and we're ready to kick a little ass!"

Emily grinned, running her fingers over the console. She had checked, double checked and tripple checked everything. The ship was armed and ready, she was ready.

"Your orders sir?"
 
Captain Torres

"Standby Lieutenant." Miguel replied without moving his head to look at the security officer at Tactical 2. Whatever happened, Chimera would not start a fight with this group of aliens.

Time seemed to pass slowly as the ship made it's way out of the interstellar cloud of dust and gases. Fortunately Lieutenant Kahn had plotted a course that took them out at the thinest point of the cloud.

As they neared the edge of the nebula Miguel looked at the sensor data. They knew from the star charts they had been given from the Mendar that they were close to the center of this galaxy. And Miguel didn't want to get any closer if at all possible. "Mr. Kahn once we've exited the nebula proceed on... heading 125 mark 57 and proceed at warp 7. Lieutenant Star, raise the shields as soon as we exit the nebula."
 
"Aye Sir, course laid in and ready to execute in one minute, fifteen point two seconds."

He began to list off the remaining time every five seconds passed by listing of the remaining time till they would be raising the shields and jumping to warp seven.

"Captain, clearing the nebula in five, four, three, two.....One. Course heading 125 mark 57 laid in, engaging warp drive...... Now!"

He pushed the lever for the warp drive ahead till it reached the marking for Warp seven.
 
Captain Torres

Miguel sat in his chair with his hand to his chin as he waited patiently. There really wasn't much more he could do at the moment. "Status of alien vessels?" he asked A'lex who was still at the science station. Have they stopped their pursuit he wondered, did they cloak again and are nearby watching.
 
Alein Vessel

“Seer,” The Commander began, holding out a data slate for her to view.

Cold grey eyes flicked across the information, hate welling in them as her held tilted up. “Confirmed?” she demanded.

“Confirmed.”

“Charge Lance batteries. Inform the Soul Drinkers commanders to launch immediately. Command the Stalker in the Void to intercept, we will provide them a chance to explain themselves.”

“And when they fail?” The combat veteran inquired, his fingers twitching in preparation for war.

“When they fail, we will remove them from the face of reality.” The alien leader replied, colder than a machine, her voice dripping ice and chills.
 
Commander A'Lex T'Ker - XO - Bridge

“Alien vessels are still following, Captain. No alteration in speed or angle.” She answered her gaze flicking to the symbols the unfortunate security officer had scanned before his demise.

The familiarity of them was striking. But she still didn’t know where she’d seen them before. Perhaps scans from a Borg vessel? Possibly in the data the Mendar had provided them with?

“Alien vessels have increased speed thirty-seven percent. Smaller craft have launched, size indicative of single or two man assault craft. One Hundred combat fighters. Energy fluctuations along the Larger vessels. Possibly shields and or weapons.”

“Alien vessel Beta increasing speed two hundred percent. Flanking trajectory. Alien vessel Alpha maintaining position aft.”

Moving from the science station she gazed at the tactical display. Captain, our probability of survival in the result of a fight is less than ten percent.”
 
S’H’ara Ægeri (Alien Scout)

Sitting in her quarters, S’H’ara let her mind drift. Focusing on the new aliens. Seeking information. Seeking knowledge. Her mission.

And as she peered into the minds of the new aliens she began chuckling. A chuckle that developed into full blown laughter within moments.
 
Captain Torres

"Mr. Kahn prepare to perform evasive manuvers." The Captain ordered. "Standby all available weapons and give me as much power to the shields as they can take. Also open all frequencies."

Miguel stood up. "This is Captain Miguel Torres of the Federation starship Chimera. You've asked us to leave your planet, and solar system. We have done so. Now you are persuing my vessel in a provacative manner. Explain yourselves."

He waited a few moments and nothing. "Keep repeating that message." he said as he walked over to where his first officer was currently sitting. "Do you think our guest might be able to help us figure out what is going on?"

<Commander T'Ker, and everyone on the bridge.>
 
Joint Post - Chimara Bridge

Commander A'Lex T'Ker - XO
Captain Miguel Torres
S’H’ara Ægeri (Alien Scout)

***

"The Ansibian, Captain? That is a possibility." Commander T'Ker replied.

"I think it's time we find out some things out. First if she knows about them, and can possibly get them to stop. But also if she's truly on our side or not." Miguel told his first officer. "We haven't had her around a full telepath as yet, now is our chance." he said gesturing to the security guard operating at Tactical 2. The security guard that happened to be a full Betazoid. "Have her brought to the bridge immediately." he said as he made his way to towards Tactical 2.

"Yes, sir."

Stepping back A'Lex tapped her commbadge, dispatching a security squad to collect the Ansibian, and bring her to the bridge.

"Lt. Star I want you to keep an eye on the Ansibian Captain... telepathically. Once she begins attempting to communicate with those aliens. I want to know if she's helping us or if she's actually a threat to this ship." Miguel told the security officer. Once he was done and knew she understood what he wanted he went to his chair and waited.

Stepping onto the bridge once more, S’H’ara looked around, curious as to why she was here. Well, sort of, if she really wanted to know she’d just peek. And humans seemed to bleed mental images constantly. Well, most of them anyway.

Miguel turned to face the visitor as soon as he heard the distinct sound of the turbolift door open. "S’H’ara Ægeri, I wish this was under different circumstances. However the long story is we were asked to leave the world we had gone to for supplies. We did as we were asked, and were under escort, now those ships.." he said pointing to the viewer. "Have launched fighters and I think are charging weapons. What I need to know is do you know who they are, and can you communicate with them since they appear to be ignoring our attempts at communication."

"Yes, Yes, and they are not.." She replied, a smile twitching on her lips.

"Who are they, and why are they taking this provocative action?" he asked her.

"They are the Eldarian species. And they believe you have," lips twitching again she finished. "Prisoners."

"Prisoners?! Who could..." Miguel stopped in mid stream. "They think we're holding you prisoner?" he said turning to face her directly.

"I would suggest that you have an actual face-to-face conversation. It will make things so much clearer."

He nodded in agreement with her. "Please make the request for us." he asked her. Then he turned back around looking at the viewer. "Drop us out of warp, and then bring us to a full stop." he ordered.

He nodded in agreement with her. "Please make the request for us." he asked her. Then he turned back around looking at the viewer. "Drop us out of warp, and then bring us to a full stop." he ordered.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
"Drop us out of warp and engines at full stop?" Duncan was rather hoping he had heard the order wrong. "Aye sir. Dropping out of warp now, full engine stop in fifteen seconds. Engines at full stop sir. Orders?" He made an involuntary warding gesture as the engines went silent and there was no forward movement.

The look on his face was one of intense worry, he hadn't been expecting an order like that. They might as well have painted a laser target on their ass with a flashing sign above it saying shoot me.
 
Marigold Doyle - Bridge

Once leaving S'H'Ara's quarters, Mari soon found out about the away team's alien encounter and the abrupt leaving of the planet. She also soon found out about the alien ships that were now tailing the Chimera.

So now she entered the Bridge just as the Chimera came to a full stop. She quickly surveyed the inhabitants and noticed that one of the security detail was Lt Star - of course. Wise choice.

She didn't make a sound, just let the captain visually know that she was there and sat down, observing as she always did.
 
Back
Top