Possibility of bust change

PinkDynamite

Really Experienced
I know this is the pic section, but the general forum people aren't that nice sometimes lol.

so I thought I'd ask it here. I'm possibly considering going from a 36D up to a 36E. Will it be a big change up there. How much bigger would the bra be?

Boy am I a dumb and naive guy. Is there really that much of a difference between a 36D and a 36E to warrant surgery? This is all about how you feel but as a guy I wouldn't think that it was really worth the trouble, from my perspective anyway. I would love to look at your 36D's just as much as I would love to look at your 36E's.

an inch. the number is the measurement around your torso at the base of your breasts. the cup sizes indicate the difference between that measurement and the circumference of your chest/breasts

I've just, I dunno. I know there's pain associated with having a bigger size, but lately I've wanted something bigger, more fuller, but not that big, you know?

First off.. this isn't the pic section.
Second.. I don't know that major surgery is something that is worth considering if you can't voice a solid opinion about whether or not you want to proceed.
That being said, the decision is yours to make. It's really a great decision to have with a doctor who can walk you through the process and answer questions frankly.

If you want to discuss the idea of larger breasts.. that is different than the question you asked. Fire's post would be a good place to launch some of that discussion.

Looks like from the chart you would go up two bra sizes and up to a 5 cup.

Boobs are two of my favorite things. I like the looks of a nice boob job but many times I do not like the feel. Many implants become hard with time due to capsular contracture.

Can I ask, is there anything wrong with your breasts? Do you need a lift?

It kills me when young girls with youthful perky breasts think they have to run out and get implants. Many woman, after their child bearing years, look better better when they have a lift and implants. But I just can't stand when young girls mess with youthful perky small breasts....unless you have no shape or you have a mastectomy etc and they have to get implants.

They say that woman dress to impress other woman. I think the same goes for augmentations.

One thing I know about elective surgery. Don't go to the low bidder. Check the Dr's win/loss record. You will have a hell of a time fixing a botched boob job.

Are you considering having [more] kids at some point?

If so, I'd advise waiting on getting implants. Then you can see if you really like being a cup size or two larger after having a baby, too. Most women find their breasts change after having at least one child; some/many of us who NEVER would have considered having implants or a lift before pregnancy and nursing think surgery seems like a fantastic idea in the aftermath. If you were an A or B looking to go up to a C, my advice might be different, but you're already at the implant size many women choose.

I've always had big breasts: a C at my lowest post-puberty weight, and an F/G after gaining weight and while breastfeeding. I've always had to go a size up in shirts and coats to accommodate my larger breasts. Now I'm a DD or DDD/E. It's FAR more difficult (and expensive) to find bras that fit well when you get beyond a D or DD, depending on the retailer, style and brand. My upper back, shoulders and neck are more painful than they were when I was a C in high school and college. After breastfeeding and losing a good amount of weight in the past year, my boobs are still huge, but they're definitely not as full or 'perky' as they were before I had my son. When I get to my ideal weight and am positive I'm done having kids, I'd definitely consider a lift and implants. I would kill to go back to a nice 36C; I'll never be super skinny, so that's my ideal size for health, appearance and shopping!

Consult with a couple of good plastic surgeons if you're seriously considering implants, make sure you discuss weight changes, pregnancy and breastfeeding and ask if they'd advise waiting at least until you're done having kids. My bet is a good surgeon will tell you it's wise to wait given your current size and age; IMO, that's the kind of doctor you'd want if you did decide to have some sort of augmentation in the future.

Another thing to consider, is are you REALLY a 36D? Because it's not uncommon for a woman to come to me saying she's a "36D", only to find out her real size is anywhere from a 30G to a 34E. It's very rare for me to work with someone who says they're a "36D", who is actually a 36D.

Since plastic surgeons work in cc's instead of bra sizes, it's also very common for women to ask for ___ size (in this instance, an E), and end up several sizes larger than they expected. I once had a client who told her surgeon she wanted to be a "C", throw a screaming temper tantrum in a fitting room, because post surgery, she was a G.

A few days ago, I had a young woman in my fitting room who was a month out from her reduction surgery - requesting to go down to a "36C". She was actually a 36E (after the surgery). In my professional opinion, if the surgeon had reduced her to a "C", her figure would no longer have been proportional.

If your bust (lifted into position, in bra that fits properly - breast tissue sitting 1/2 way between the shoulder blade and elbow) is 4" larger than your ribs, you are roughly a 36D.

If you really do want to go through with the surgery, my best advice is to go to a specialty lingerie shop (higher end boutique or department store), and explain you are considering surgery and need help understanding what different sizes will look like on your body. Get fitted with your true size (cross your fingers the sales person knows what she's doing), then ask to see contour (foam cup tshirt bras) in 1-3 cup sizes larger than your current size.

Take pictures so you can see what you "look like" - in just the bra, and wearing a tshirt - front and profile images. Write down the sizes that go with each picture, think on it for a bit, ask friends/family their opinions, and when you have a size you are comfortable with - BUY THAT BRA and take it with you to the plastic surgeon's office, so you can discuss your surgical goals. You are size X now, you want to be size Y and have brought a bra in that size with you, so the two of you can discuss how realistic that goal is, what the surgeon's opinion of it is, how many cc's will it take to achieve that size, etc.

If you really do want to go through with the surgery, my best advice is to go to a specialty lingerie shop (higher end boutique or department store), and explain you are considering surgery and need help understanding what different sizes will look like on your body. Get fitted with your true size (cross your fingers the sales person knows what she's doing), then ask to see contour (foam cup tshirt bras) in 1-3 cup sizes larger than your current size.

Take pictures so you can see what you "look like" - in just the bra, and wearing a tshirt - front and profile images. Write down the sizes that go with each picture, think on it for a bit, ask friends/family their opinions, and when you have a size you are comfortable with - BUY THAT BRA and take it with you to the plastic surgeon's office, so you can discuss your surgical goals. You are size X now, you want to be size Y and have brought a bra in that size with you, so the two of you can discuss how realistic that goal is, what the surgeon's opinion of it is, how many cc's will it take to achieve that size, etc.

Fantastic ideas as always, Cutie! :rose:

Who are you doing it for?

If the slightest sliver of a sliver, your desire to proceed, is for your lover then think of this...

If it all goes pear-shaped in one, two or indeed more years to come you will be reminded of that person to your dying day.

...but if you are doing it 100% for yourself (?), then congratulations on your decision

Another thing to consider, is are you REALLY a 36D? Because it's not uncommon for a woman to come to me saying she's a "36D", only to find out her real size is anywhere from a 30G to a 34E. It's very rare for me to work with someone who says they're a "36D", who is actually a 36D.

Since plastic surgeons work in cc's instead of bra sizes, it's also very common for women to ask for ___ size (in this instance, an E), and end up several sizes larger than they expected. I once had a client who told her surgeon she wanted to be a "C", throw a screaming temper tantrum in a fitting room, because post surgery, she was a G.

I want to emphasize these comments, too. My bra size depends on which store I'm standing in and whose bra I'm buying. So if it's that subjective when buying bras, don't think the surgeon is going to view cups sizes the same as you.

Also, my best friend got implants a few years ago. We went to the surgeons office and he gave her different size implants to wear inside her bra. It's not an exact science, but it's better than nothing. She and I agree, though, that wearing the implants in her bra made her breasts look slightly larger than the final result. That consultation was free. It might be worth calling around.

Thanks everyone, lot more to think about. I had also been thinking about going to a DD or even DDD, but might stick with the D's I have

Pink-
Someone already mentioned this about the size difference, but I wanted to add my two cents.

I don't think you should go to a "E" based on just wanting to go up a cup size or two.

Going from a "D" to an "E" won't get you a fuller shape. I've seen D's that are nicely "Full-shaped", which to me is a pleasant, Round globe - and some "D's" that were just fuller at the bottom than on top. But going to a "E" won't mean you'll have something similar. I've known natural "E's" and "G's" and they weren't "FULL" shaped. Instead, they were oval and floppy.

These large breasts only looked good in Large, expensive bra's that could hold up that much weight or work as a Steel suspension bridge as their second job. And YES, WEIGHt is a big issue (excuse the pun).... but we're talking about breasts the size of a gallon (4 liters) of milk. Given that the body is made up mostly of water, and water weighs 8 lbs a gallon, that is quite a lot of weight on your upper body.... And as someone pointed out, it leads to prolonged back pain - even if you're just using Silicone implants versus Saline. It is worse if your body type is slim... only worse if you're already a big gal.

Before you think I'm biased towards smaller breasts, let me state that I've been intimate with breasts of all sizes (from "A" all the way upto "G") but my tastes run towards lovers who are large breasted. And I've been told repeated all about this back pain they suffer from carrying around large breasts, all too often. And as a lover, very large breasts aren't always ideal, either. I love looking at them whe she's standing up but laying down, they flop all-over the place! And they don't retain their shape in ALL positions! (Unless they're implants)

And of course, the good supportive bra's for these larger cup sizes makes for the added expense of having to buy somewhat expensive bra's (Much more expensive than your average Walmart "D" cup bra's prices - and wouldn't last as long, either. (Straps give out sooner on larger cup-size bra's.

If you're unhappy with the "fullness" of your breasts, perhaps it isn't the SIZE that you want changed but their "roundness"? This goes back to something you should discuss with your doctor.

I suggest you look at pictures of naked, women's breasts and compare them to your own - Try to see WHAT exactly you want as a look - Bigger cup-size or rounder (Fuller?) breasts, etc. - BEFORE you agree to another operation to get a much larger cup size when you probably don't need it.

And if THAT isn't enough, post a pic of your breasts and I'm sure the guys here will offer up their opinions! ;)

Last edited:
Going from a "D" to an "E" won't get you a fuller shape.

That's not exactly true. It may or it may not. It all depends on several things, like whether the implant is low-profile or high-profile, saline or silicone, under the muscle or on top. She can get just about any affect she wants.

Pink-
oval and floppy.

These large breasts only looked good in Large, expensive bra's that could hold up that much weight or work as a Steel suspension bridge as their second job. And YES, WEIGHt is a big issue (excuse the pun).... but we're talking about breasts the size of a gallon (4 liters) of milk. Given that the body is made up mostly of water, and water weighs 8 lbs a gallon, that is quite a lot of weight on your upper body.... And as someone pointed out, it leads to prolonged back pain - even if you're just using Silicone implants versus Saline. It is worse if your body type is slim... only worse if you're already a big gal.

great quote

Pink-
Someone already mentioned this about the size difference, but I wanted to add my two cents.

I don't think you should go to a "E" based on just wanting to go up a cup size or two.

Going from a "D" to an "E" won't get you a fuller shape. I've seen D's that are nicely "Full-shaped", which to me is a pleasant, Round globe - and some "D's" that were just fuller at the bottom than on top. But going to a "E" won't mean you'll have something similar. I've known natural "E's" and "G's" and they weren't "FULL" shaped. Instead, they were oval and floppy.

That's because breasts come in eleventy-billion shapes and sizes - even augmented ones.

How non-augmented breast tissue sits on the body depends on genetics, health, age, weight, athleticism, ligament damage, hormones, etc.

How an augmented breast sits on the body, depends on the type of augmentation, talent of the surgeon, healing process, age of implants, etc.

I've had clients with what I call "refund gap" issues - a significant space between the implants, like she had two perfectly symmetrical cantaloupes super glued on her chest.

I've had clients that I suspected, but didn't KNOW, were augmented until I needed to touch their breast tissue to adjust the fit.

These large breasts only looked good in Large, expensive bra's that could hold up that much weight or work as a Steel suspension bridge as their second job.

Bullshit.

There are UK companies (that can be purchased through retailers in the US), that go up to a JJ cup, and while they may not be the sheer triangle top non-underwire bras put out by La Perla (which, BTW, retail around $180+ and only go up to a B cup), they aren't expensive (usually under $70) and don't have to look like a steel suspension bridge.

I know people like to bitch about how expensive lingerie is, because "ZOMG it's just a little bit of lace and fabric!" but it's actually more expensive (long term) to buy crappy, ill fitting WalMart/Target/Victoria's Secret bras, than invest $300-$500 a year in higher quality, properly fitting bras. (I define "higher quality" as European made, technologically advanced products in the $75 - $150 range. The average price point at which properly fitted bras get comfortable is $85-$90.)

And YES, WEIGHt is a big issue (excuse the pun).... but we're talking about breasts the size of a gallon (4 liters) of milk. Given that the body is made up mostly of water, and water weighs 8 lbs a gallon, that is quite a lot of weight on your upper body.... And as someone pointed out, it leads to prolonged back pain - even if you're just using Silicone implants versus Saline. It is worse if your body type is slim... only worse if you're already a big gal.

Before you think I'm biased towards smaller breasts, let me state that I've been intimate with breasts of all sizes (from "A" all the way upto "G") but my tastes run towards lovers who are large breasted. And I've been told repeated all about this back pain they suffer from carrying around large breasts, all too often. And as a lover, very large breasts aren't always ideal, either. I love looking at them whe she's standing up but laying down, they flop all-over the place! And they don't retain their shape in ALL positions! (Unless they're implants)

And of course, the good supportive bra's for these larger cup sizes makes for the added expense of having to buy somewhat expensive bra's (Much more expensive than your average Walmart "D" cup bra's prices - and wouldn't last as long, either. (Straps give out sooner on larger cup-size bra's.

I addressed the "expensive bras" argument, above. As for the argument that the bras won't "last as long" is based on ignorance, as well.

The shoulder straps of a bra only provide 10% of the support to breast tissue. 90% of the "lift/support" is supposed to come from the band (supporting from underneath the breasts). Does a shoulder strap supporting a JJ cup (roughly 18" differential between the breasts lifted into position, and the rib measurement) work "harder" than the shoulder strap supporting a D cup (about 4" differential between the breasts lifted into position and the rib measurement) - absolutely. But if the shoulder straps wear out before the band, it's more likely the woman is depending on her shoulders to support the tissue instead of her core/torso. It's also more likely she will wear "groves" in her shoulders, risk nerve damage (to the shoulder), and develop upper back problems down the road.

The most common reason for bras to wear out quickly? Overuse, and abuse. Don't wear the same bra two days in a row, don't wear the same bra more than twice a week, wash by hand or in the machine (in a lingerie bag, on delicate, with lingerie wash), and hang to dry.

If you're unhappy with the "fullness" of your breasts, perhaps it isn't the SIZE that you want changed but their "roundness"? This goes back to something you should discuss with your doctor.

I suggest you look at pictures of naked, women's breasts and compare them to your own - Try to see WHAT exactly you want as a look - Bigger cup-size or rounder (Fuller?) breasts, etc. - BEFORE you agree to another operation to get a much larger cup size when you probably don't need it.

And if THAT isn't enough, post a pic of your breasts and I'm sure the guys here will offer up their opinions! ;)

The suggestion to see what various sizes, shapes and ages (how breasts change as we age, as we gain/lose weight, as we deal with pregnancy, breastfeeding/not breastfeeding, etc), and identifying the "look" you are seeking, so you can discuss it with your surgeon is an excellent one.

I've had clients who stayed the same size, even with implants, because they just wanted to fill in lost tissue (from pregnancy/nursing). I've had clients who thought they wanted an augmentation, but after meeting with their surgeon, decided a lift was a better option. You're changing your physical appearance - so go into it with as clear of an idea of what you want to change it TO, as possible.

>Bullshit

That's pretty strong language for a civil discussion.

You are a professional, obviously, who knows' bra's... but you seem to be out of touch with what the majority of women out there are willing to spend on every day bra's.

I was speaking about the many women I've seen who buy cheap $10 bra's and DO throw them in the washing machine. I've been to many bra's stores in this country, and I have yet to find one that sells bra's that cost more than $45. What retailer in the USA sells bra's that cost $180 - and What is the income of women who buy such bra's?

I honestly haven't met many BIGGER women who can afford to spend $180 on a bra. Perhaps those are single women with no children? Most professionals I've known with larger breasts rarely are willing to shop long and hard for their bra's. Most I've run into, only admit shopping at Macy's, Sear's or more often Walmart for their intimates. Quite a few admit to spending barely $20 for a bra.

If I had met ANY women who could afford to spend that kind of money on bra I wouldn't have made such general statements.

Let's open this up to the forum - HOW MANY OF YOU larger cup LADIES spend more than $50 on a bra? Where DO you shop for your brassieres? I would really like to know.

>Bullshit

You are a professional, obviously, who knows' bra's... but you seem to be out of touch with what the majority of women out there are willing to spend on every day bra's.

I was speaking about the many women I've seen who buy cheap $10 bra's and DO throw them in the washing machine. I've been to many bra's stores in this country, and I have yet to find one that sells bra's that cost more than $45. What retailer in the USA sells bra's that cost $180 - and What is the income of women who buy such bra's?

I honestly haven't met many BIGGER women who can afford to spend $180 on a bra. Perhaps those are single women with no children? Most professionals I've known with larger breasts rarely are willing to shop long and hard for their bra's. Most I've run into, only admit shopping at Macy's, Sear's or more often Walmart for their intimates. Quite a few admit to spending barely $20 for a bra.

If I had met ANY women who could afford to spend that kind of money on bra I wouldn't have made such general statements.

Let's open this up to the forum - HOW MANY OF YOU larger cup LADIES spend more than $50 on a bra? Where DO you shop for your brassieres? I would really like to know.

When I had considerably larger jumblies, my ladies were extremely heavy - I have dense tissues. I would spend 80$/bra - and I was considerably poorer* then than I am now. Even today, while I shop during sales, I would routinely spend 50$/bra (though I do try to buy on sale, so it's often a bit less).

But it's still cheaper than buying 30$/bra. The cost per wear for a higher quality bra is significantly less. By taking care of a good bra, I can extend its life by two years (sorry CutieMouse :eek:). A cheap bra loses elasticity within six month, if I am lucky. So that means, I will end up paying 120$ for 4 bras as opposed to spending 50$ or even 80$. That's a saving of a minimum of 40$ - almost the cost of another bra.

I work in a highly professional setting. I work in a discipline where I'm often the only female and the only one under the age of 50, so I cannot afford not to look put together. I cannot afford to look slovenly. My boobies have to be well supported and that means a good quality bra. I cannot have the ladies jumping around. And quality means initial expenses upfront, but it also means huge savings in the long run.

As for the larger-endowed women spending money on bras are childless - while I do not have children, it was my Mother and Grandmother, who is very large, who taught me to spend money on good quality bras. In fact, my Oma was a penny-pincher, and it was her who taught me about cost per wear.

In fact, from what I understand, CutieMouse isn't pushing LaPerla 180$+ bras which offers very little-if any support, but rather the considerably more reasonable, better quality Panacha Jasmines which are cute, well made, and offers support.

We spend a shit load on jeans, shirts and trendy clothing, but unless one has a good bra, a woman might as well be wearing a sack.

*and when I mean poor, I mean poor.

>Bullshit

Nope. Not out of touch.

I've dealt with college kids who have to figure out how to budget for buying one decent bra ($70-ish) every other month, so we can "build a wardrobe" and eventually get things to last longer.

I've worked with women who are newly divorced, and going back into the workforce for the first time in decades, who need to look professional on a budget.

I have an entire list of clients I only see when things are on sale, with whom I have an agreement - XYZ goes on sale, I pull their size and call them, because it's the only way they can buy something worth spending money on.

I *celebrate* with clients who are able to buy $80+ bras on sale, for $20-$30.

Most of my clients are "middle class", but I also have clients who are [literally] millionaires and billionaires.

Myself? I (obviously) get a discount because I'm in the business [currently 30% off retail]; HOWEVER, I won't wear anything that retails under $100, because I have decided (for myself) it is a waste of money, otherwise. And I'm small busted [32D]. You might argue that it's a huge waste of money because I'm small busted, but I made the decision (for myself) to budget for it because my comfort and professional image is important to me.

Why do I feel this way (again, for myself)? Because I have seen what happens when I invest in quality lingerie. My oldest set (bra & pantie) retailed at $175. I've been wearing it for SIX YEARS, and it still fits perfectly. I'll probably get one more year out of it, before I need to replace it.

Cost per wear at 2x per week?

SIX CENTS.

As for where these "expensive" bras are sold? Nordstroms? Macy's? Dillards? Independent boutiques that specialize in bra fitting? Online resources like herroom.com?

I haven't met many BIGGER women who aren't willing to invest $45-$70 on their health and comfort once they know where to find something that fits. They may have to budget for it, but once they feel the difference, they rarely go back. The impact lingerie can have on a woman's comfort, posture, self confidence and wardrobe can be genuinely life changing. Women should not have to settle for ill fitting, uncomfortable, badly designed, cheaply made bras.

When I had considerably larger jumblies, my ladies were extremely heavy - I have dense tissues. I would spend 80$/bra - and I was considerably poorer* then than I am now. Even today, while I shop during sales, I would routinely spend 50$/bra (though I do try to buy on sale, so it's often a bit less).

But it's still cheaper than buying 30$/bra. The cost per wear for a higher quality bra is significantly less. By taking care of a good bra, I can extend its life by two years (sorry CutieMouse :eek:). A cheap bra loses elasticity within six month, if I am lucky. So that means, I will end up paying 120$ for 4 bras as opposed to spending 50$ or even 80$. That's a saving of a minimum of 40$ - almost the cost of another bra.

I'm currently dealing with an aging lingerie wardrobe. At one point, I could afford to add 2-3 sets a year, then I had some setbacks and stopped rotating in new bras. As a result, about 1/2 of my lingerie is suddenly hitting the end of it's lifespan (most of those pieces are 3-5+ years old).

I work in a highly professional setting. I work in a discipline where I'm often the only female and the only one under the age of 50, so I cannot afford not to look put together. I cannot afford to look slovenly. My boobies have to be well supported and that means a good quality bra. I cannot have the ladies jumping around. And quality means initial expenses upfront, but it also means huge savings in the long run.

Yup. I work at a highly visible, luxury level store (that refuses to acknowledge any use of the word "department store"). The VP of Fashion? Dude sets trends that impact the entire fashion INDUSTRY. The company dress code is THREE PAGES long.

And I do my thing in $6 second hand thrift store Banana Republic little black dresses, and "expensive" lingerie. lol

As for the larger-endowed women spending money on bras are childless - while I do not have children, it was my Mother and Grandmother, who is very large, who taught me to spend money on good quality bras. In fact, my Oma was a penny-pincher, and it was her who taught me about cost per wear.

In fact, from what I understand, CutieMouse isn't pushing LaPerla 180$+ bras which offers very little-if any support, but rather the considerably more reasonable, better quality Panacha Jasmines which are cute, well made, and offers support.

We spend a shit load on jeans, shirts and trendy clothing, but unless one has a good bra, a woman might as well be wearing a sack.

*and when I mean poor, I mean poor.

Yup. Women are worth the investment. For some women that investment is a rock solid, hard wearing, basic $70 Chantelle bra. For some women that's a $50 Wacoal bra. For some women it's a $250 La Perla bra. For some women it's a $65 Elomi or Panache bra. Everyone has their own priorities and their own budgetary responsibilities.

But like fire_breeze said - women spend a shit load on jeans, shirts, and trendy clothing. And anyone who thinks wearing a $10 bra under a $100[+] outfit doesn't have an impact? Guess what? It does.

<snip>

I'm currently dealing with an aging lingerie wardrobe. At one point, I could afford to add 2-3 sets a year, then I had some setbacks and stopped rotating in new bras. As a result, about 1/2 of my lingerie is suddenly hitting the end of it's lifespan (most of those pieces are 3-5+ years old).

<snip>

So that means I can get another 1-3 years out of my lingerie?!

I hope you don't mind, but I am going to post-stalk all of your suggestions now, although I did commit sin number two: thou shalt not place your bras into regular cycle :eek:

Thank you for your wonderful posts :rose:

Back