~~~~A fallout in Medival times~~~ OOC Thread (Open)

SlySparrow0003

Literotica Guru
Joined
Aug 4, 2015
Posts
545
So I had this idea where it's a fantasy kinda land with races like Elves, Beast Races, Humans, Halflings, Dwarfs, Etc. Anyway The theme is the king has died and a catastrophic even happens wipeing out everything. now it's survival the towns are covered in vines and all. Clans have formed. It's kill or be killed. Like it?
 
Sounds overly complex. A lot of rules would need to be in place. For example is magic limited only to certain people who have the gift, or can anyone learn and use spells?

If I were creating this rp, i would have each participant craft a group, and the groups leader.

For example one person could run the mages guild and all characters would be magic users of all races.

Then there's the racial purist who would only have elves, but he could have every thing from paladins to wizards to pesants.

Each user creates their group and then they create friends and allies among the others. Or they could go berserker and try to take over the world.

It does sound fun tho. If it every gets started, i have a single character in mind.

I would need to know is this a world wide cataclysm, or is our only affecting one kingdom, and life goes on add normal for the rest of the world, most of which knows nothing about disaster land.
 
Sounds overly complex. A lot of rules would need to be in place. For example is magic limited only to certain people who have the gift, or can anyone learn and use spells?

If I were creating this rp, i would have each participant craft a group, and the groups leader.

For example one person could run the mages guild and all characters would be magic users of all races.

Then there's the racial purist who would only have elves, but he could have every thing from paladins to wizards to pesants.

Each user creates their group and then they create friends and allies among the others. Or they could go berserker and try to take over the world.

It does sound fun tho. If it every gets started, i have a single character in mind.

I would need to know is this a world wide cataclysm, or is our only affecting one kingdom, and life goes on add normal for the rest of the world, most of which knows nothing about disaster land.

This sounds like a very good idea I hope we can get enough people
 
If hand canons are allowed count me in. And if I may say so by the way, this senario wouldd be better if based on Warhammer Fantasy or Warcraft or Elder Scrolls or perhaps even Heroes of Might and Magic.

But since I want to use gun powder based weaponry, I would stick into Warhammer Fantasy or Warcraft.
 
Last edited:
If hand canons are allowed count me in. And if I may say so by the way, this senario wouldd be better if based on Warhammer Fantasy or Warcraft or Elder Scrolls or perhaps even Heroes of Might and Magic.

But since I want to use gun powder based weaponry, I would stick into Warhammer Fantasy or Warcraft.

That might work if everyone was familiar with them. I for one am not, so saying that it's based on those would be meaningless to me.

I prefer a unique universe where we could all make up whats allowed and what isn't. This way those of us not immersed in geek cultures will know what we can and can't do.

Personally for this roleplay I would like firearms to be verboten, except maybe a few cannons her and there.
 
I could possibly be interested in this. I think I'd wanna do some kinda warlords chieftain beast man crocodileman kinda guy or something. Trying to unite different beast tribes to attack the other races.
 
That might work if everyone was familiar with them. I for one am not, so saying that it's based on those would be meaningless to me.

I prefer a unique universe where we could all make up whats allowed and what isn't. This way those of us not immersed in geek cultures will know what we can and can't do.

Personally for this roleplay I would like firearms to be verboten, except maybe a few cannons her and there.

I agree completely, I am unfamiliar with these games, I also agree with no firearms as well, cannons work but no guns, etc.
 
I could possibly be interested in this. I think I'd wanna do some kinda warlords chieftain beast man crocodileman kinda guy or something. Trying to unite different beast tribes to attack the other races.

This could definitely work!
 
I was thinking for a general setting it would be lot of green now, since all the towns are now destroyed and vines and etc grow over it, like this is a large island were on maybe? I do think there should be all sorts of terrain, desert, jungle, arctic, etc and every tribe has its own territory?
 
Yeah, I think my beast people would be primarily in swamps/jungle terrain in the beginning
 
I am going to post some attatchments of ideal beast races this first one could be for crocodile beast race.
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 0
Cat race, these are my ideas for the beast races at the moment.
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 0
My Character & Stroyline

ac-templar-knight.jpg


Name: Sir Saile

Race:Not quite pure human, maybe some elf, or something similiar

Magic: Minor ability to use spells and charms. Mostly Healing and battle spells

Alignment: Neutral Good

Alliances:
Primary: The Allied Kingdoms
Secondary: Order of Knights of the Priory

Skills: Expert in all known weapons, including makeshift ones. Expert horseman (includes Unicorn, Pegasus, and any other ridable quadrapeds with or without wings), Convincing Orator (able to sway unaligned people to his cause), Leading expert in tactics and strategy, Better than average knowledge of medicinal plants and herbs.

Equipment: Bastard Broadsword, Zileemia; short sword Samoht; Shield, complete suit of armor, Tunic of his order, Letter from Grand Emperor to Regent of Disaster Land, Battle Axe, Small blow gun with tranq darts (primarily for hunting small game), Leather sack loaded with dried meats, coin of the realm, maps of disaster land, Letter of Safe passage, some minor magical charms to increase abilities, other assorted supplies.

Sir Saile was called before the Grand Emperor, First among equals of the Allied Kingdoms. He was told that the most remote member of the Allied Kingdoms, Disaster Land (until we come up with a better name) had not been heard from in some time. He was tasked to take a warship to the shores and work his way inland to the Capital City, and find the Regent and bring him forth to address the other Regents of the Allied Kingdoms.

Sir Saile made his preperations and set sail within a 10 day. Arriving at the biggest port city on the southern coast, there was little to show this was at one time a bustling metropolis. Sailors who had been here before recognized some structures that weren't completely covered in plant life.

Sailors being superstitious refused to take the ship any closer to land. The captain told Sir Saile that they would provide him a small boat and let him go ashore...alone, and they would sail for a nearby port to reprovision. The captain agreed to return once per lunar cycle at the end, for 2 seasons. IF he did not return they would report him lost and Disaster Land destroyed by unknown sources.


Notes:
Allied Kingdoms: A loose confederation of independent countries with their own leaders (Think NATO or the EU), who all have mutual trade agreements, and defense pacts. Most of these lands are joined together (Like Europe) except Disaster Land, who is in the remote North Sea, making travel there long and dangerous (Think Greenland or Iceland pre Columbus). Periodically one of the leaders of the Alied Kingdoms is selected to be the Grand Emperor, First Among Equals (He has no greater say than the others, but he gets to hold the gavel...)

10 Day: A week lasts 10 days, 3 of which are weekends. All are named after former leaders of the Allied Kiingdoms

Lunar Cycle: 5 Ten days (Their version of a month) 15 Lunar cycles in a solar cycle (Year) Each season lasts 5 Lunar cycles. The seasons are Planting Season, Harvesting Season, and Ice Season.

Just my thoughts. Feel free to discuss.
 
ac-templar-knight.jpg



Notes:
Allied Kingdoms: A loose confederation of independent countries with their own leaders (Think NATO or the EU), who all have mutual trade agreements, and defense pacts. Most of these lands are joined together (Like Europe) except Disaster Land, who is in the remote North Sea, making travel there long and dangerous (Think Greenland or Iceland pre Columbus). Periodically one of the leaders of the Alied Kingdoms is selected to be the Grand Emperor, First Among Equals (He has no greater say than the others, but he gets to hold the gavel...)

10 Day: A week lasts 10 days, 3 of which are weekends. All are named after former leaders of the Allied Kiingdoms

Lunar Cycle: 5 Ten days (Their version of a month) 15 Lunar cycles in a solar cycle (Year) Each season lasts 5 Lunar cycles. The seasons are Planting Season, Harvesting Season, and Ice Season.

Just my thoughts. Feel free to discuss.

That all sounds good to me. Would the kingdoms be seperared by race? Like one is a kingdom of dwarves and one of humans etc. then the leaders would all meet in the kings city? If that's the case and the kingdoms are seperared by racd, then who was running disaster land?

Also when I say the kingdoms are divided by race I mean it as the human kingdom is run by humans and is lives in by mostly humans, but there are people of all the other races running around there too.

As for my character I'm thinking he'd be a slaver. After the government of disaster land dissolved he started a crew and began rounding up people to sell as slaves. With no law around there'd be no one to stop his crew and eventually they grew to be a major faction on the island. An unaligned faction. So in the inevitable war over who will rule the island, my gang will be a major advantage to whatever army we decide to join.
 
Maybe in the early days the lands were segregated by race, and their were wars over racial strife as well as the usual greed etc...

I think that in the current time, there has been immigration between the lands so while most elves still live in Keeblerville, and most the Giants are in Green Valley, it is not unusual to see them living in other lands.

Of course their are racial purists (in every group) who want to segregate the races to their own areas of the country, if not actually deport them to their homelands.

Every country has laws outlawing bigotry and segregation, but in every village and town these laws may or may not be enforced with the Vigor the civil rights activists want. (Is it just me or is this begining to sound like Ella Enchanted?
 
Kind of a work in progress here, I'll refine it at some point.

Name: Rakarn Krios

Race: Crocodileman(said to have the "blood of a dragon")

Magic: Not much, some shamanistic abilities and affinity with dragonkin

Skills: Surprisingly well educated and very tactical and strategic for his kind. He's skilled in hand to hand combat and with most bladed weapons. He's an expert swimmer, tracker, and hunter, he will tenaciously hunt down his quarry, often giving up food and rest, until he catches it. He speaks several languages, nearly all beast la guages, human, and even elven.

Equipment: Various tribal and shamanistic accoutrements, a massive greatsword, various daggers, chain mail armor and lighter but extremely durable leather armor, a longbow and poison tipped arrows, various supplies.

Rakarn was once simply nobody in his tribe, just another warrior and hunter among many, however when his tribe's chieftain became I'll he challenged his right to rule through combat and quickly put him down. Once he assumed the mantle of warleader he quickly began a vicious campaign against the other tribes in the area, forcing them under his tribe's rule and completely destroying those who would not join.

Now that all the different beast tribes in the immediate area are nearly under his control he's setting his eyes on the lands and towns of other races. For now though he does what he can to move his people into the abandoned cities, improving their quality of life, and working on training better soldiers, teaching the different races to work together. To truly unify them all he has all but established himself as a sort of god-king amongst "his people."
 
Last edited:
Maybe in the early days the lands were segregated by race, and their were wars over racial strife as well as the usual greed etc...

I think that in the current time, there has been immigration between the lands so while most elves still live in Keeblerville, and most the Giants are in Green Valley, it is not unusual to see them living in other lands.

Of course their are racial purists (in every group) who want to segregate the races to their own areas of the country, if not actually deport them to their homelands.

Every country has laws outlawing bigotry and segregation, but in every village and town these laws may or may not be enforced with the Vigor the civil rights activists want. (Is it just me or is this begining to sound like Ella Enchanted?

That sounds like it would work. And I was thinking disaster land could be the home of all of the beast races. Then either the allied kingdoms or a single kingdom (probably humans) decided they'd take over the island to "civilize" it. Their intentions were obviously pure and had absolutely nothing to do with the large amounts of gold buried in the island's soil. Cut to a few decades later, disaster land is basically a giant gold mine, with amateur prospectors going over by the boatload to make their fortunes. The relatively new government isn't really equipped to deal with the large about of people coning over, so there's a significant amount of crime. Think of it like the gold rush in the Wild West. The beast races and original inhabitants of the island would be treated, at best, second class citizens by the general populace of the mainland.

So after a while the beast races (or the island itself) releases an ancient magic to return nature to the island. It's pretty much cut off from the mainland and left to its own devices. Eventually warlords take over chunks of the land and it's like one giant powder keg. Now the war for who becomes king of the island is brewing.

Also I have no idea what Ella enchanted is lol.
 
Since we're starting characters and territories I'm claiming mine. My slaver and his gang have taken over most of the cat people's lands. My gang has also enslaved the majority of the cat people. The females are pretty much servants or bed slaves while the males are used as guards or gladiators.
 
Ella Encahnted is a movie based on Cinderella that's actually pretty good. Lots of puns and tongue in cheek humor. The male love interest is Prince Char...

Theres an or dwarf that falls in love with a giant...

So Timeline:

Year 0 and before... ALl lands at war with each other.

Year 1 Humans start to make peace with more human like races Elfs, Dawrves, etc... Trade commences making them stronger. Other races see their ancient enemies getting powerful and begin to trade as well.

Year 5 All lands are at peace and trade flows freely over borders, but there is little racial harmony. Roving bands of one race will slaughter communities of other races.

Year 8 Nehpets The Amazing Became leader of the Human land and forged the Allied Kingdoms.

Year 10 Nehpets forms a combined army of all races to take out the Racial purists in all lands and gets all lands to pass anti bigotry laws.

Year 12 Racial purists go underground and are despised by mainstream society.

Year 15 All knigdoms have booming trade and exploration of the rest of the world begins in earnest.

Year 18 The explorer Esuohlim discovers Disaster Land... and it's weird and ungodly inhaditants.

Year 20 Allied Kingdom begins to send heinous criminals (murders, rapists, child molesters, racial purists, etc...) to Disaster Land (Think the early days of Austrailia)

Year 23 Sailors returning from Disaster land affter delivering prisoners have cargo holds full of precious metals and stones found by the convicts, and sold to the sailors for food and intoxicating potions, and even the occasional escape.

Year 24 Members of all races rush to disaster land to find their fortune. Natives are treated as second class citizens, little better than slaves. Lands taken away, forced to work in hazardous conditions

Year 29 Natives of disaster land lead a large scale rebellion and many on both sides die. The Rebellion is somewhat successful and the natives reclaim half of the island, killing any non beast found there. The other reaces divide the remaining half of the island between them, and it becomes a war zone with more fighting than mining.

Year 30 Nehpets sends in the combined army to restore order, and they sucessfully take back the colonized portion of the land. He installs a ruling council made up of two members of each race in the allied kingdom.

Year 34 Nehpets himself meets with the leader of the native peoples and they sign a peace treaty ending the war and returning the whole land to the natives, allowing the other races to continue live and mine.

Year 36 Disaster land offically joins the ALlied Kingdoms and the ruling council is disbanded. The ruler is selected by right of strength as was beast tradition.

Year 38 Mining begins in earnest going deeper into the ground and even into ancient holy places as the beasts are infected with the disease of greed.

Year 40 Disaster Strikes....

Year 42 No word is heard from disaster land for over 2 years. The Allied kingdoms call an emergency meeting and agree to send a single envoy.

This is where our story begins...
 
Back
Top