The Last Thing You Thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I just threw up in my mouth, a little...

as that was the most disgusting thing I have seen in ages.

Thanks, muchly, you fucking bastard.

I thought I recognized that name... turned out I did.

Glad you've come back to grace us with your realness.

You misunderstood the meaning of my original post - it was not directed at you - and I am glad that you are a gracious person. Communicating via the written word can be very destructive sometimes - thus the wonder of emoticons to help out.

*Pondering* Is it possible for the kink to become the commonplace so much that it becomes boring because EVERYBODY is doing it and talking about it? And when this happens, does the 'vanilla' begin to hold more appeal by comparison?

*Pondering* Is it possible for the kink to become the commonplace so much that it becomes boring because EVERYBODY is doing it and talking about it? And when this happens, does the 'vanilla' begin to hold more appeal by comparison?
that's an interesting concept....
I've always been a fan of some awesome vanilla just sayin.....so many people think vanilla is a synanym for boring, I don't think it has to be.

I think this works the same way music, or movies, or television, or any other thing people have an opinion about works...

If you like it, like it. Don't try to change it because of the amount or type of people, good or bad, that happen to agree or disagree.

Granted, asshat fans of a thing can make it harder to like that thing, but whatever it may be, they shouldn't be able to ruin it for you.

Thoughts

Egads that was the longest introductory post in HISTORY...

Now...on to the other pieces owed...

First up...Rider..

also..

You know, it must be difficult living in your bubble...

*head shake*

have I told you that I really don't like you?

*another head shake*

I still won't say it...not cuz i am kind, mind you...but because...well I am at work still and that would be...inappropriate.

that's an interesting concept....
I've always been a fan of some awesome vanilla just sayin.....so many people think vanilla is a synanym for boring, I don't think it has to be.

I agree. I guess it's a case of getting so tired of seeing ALL the emphasis on one thing to the point that it's not only getting to be something I just am not interested in, but a psychological backlash is forming in me to make it one of my turn offs completely.

I agree. I guess it's a case of getting so tired of seeing ALL the emphasis on one thing to the point that it's not only getting to be something I just am not interested in, but a psychological backlash is forming in me to make it one of my turn offs completely.

Hear Hear!

I call my style of playing (in the RW) dark vanilla...as all the other things, wants...what have you...are getting so over played in the RW and in most forums that I frequent. It bugs me no end.

(Though for me it's more about being pissed off when I read shit, see shit, that just would NOT happen in reality without someone being seriously fucking damaged.)

Hear Hear!

I call my style of playing (in the RW) dark vanilla...as all the other things, wants...what have you...are getting so over played in the RW and in most forums that I frequent. It bugs me no end.

(Though for me it's more about being pissed off when I read shit, see shit, that just would NOT happen in reality without someone being seriously fucking damaged.)

I think part of it is me getting my rebel back up over the extremes depicted. I don't mean to imply that those who like that sort of thing should feel bad about it or anything like that, but it is really turning me off. That's all. To each their own, I guess.

*Sneaks a hug and a grope on the cinnamon boi in passing.*
:devil:

I think this works the same way music, or movies, or television, or any other thing people have an opinion about works...

If you like it, like it. Don't try to change it because of the amount or type of people, good or bad, that happen to agree or disagree.

Granted, asshat fans of a thing can make it harder to like that thing, but whatever it may be, they shouldn't be able to ruin it for you.

Exactly! I blame 50 Shades of Grey, although most here seem to think that it was crap. It's like that Shania Twain phase that was going around years ago. Or Katy Perry now. God! Enough already! When will their 15 minutes of fame be over?!

Exactly! I blame 50 Shades of Grey, although most here seem to think that it was crap. It's like that Shania Twain phase that was going around years ago. Or Katy Perry now. God! Enough already! When will their 15 minutes of fame be over?!

When popular music moves on to something new.

I don't listen to a lot of popular music, so I could be completely off on this, but it seems like all you need is a couple of catchy songs with a good hook, and it doesn't really matter what the rest of your album is like. With iTunes and the like, it seems more about singles than albums anymore.

And while the rise of autotune has allowed some cool and interesting things to be created, it's done horrible things for "regular" music.

When popular music moves on to something new.

I don't listen to a lot of popular music, so I could be completely off on this, but it seems like all you need is a couple of catchy songs with a good hook, and it doesn't really matter what the rest of your album is like. With iTunes and the like, it seems more about singles than albums anymore.

And while the rise of autotune has allowed some cool and interesting things to be created, it's done horrible things for "regular" music.

Oh hell yes! And since when did women's staccato screeching, which sounds like Canadian geese passing over head, become what is considered to be music. I think it goes back to Alanis Morrisette. The whole 'angry bitch' style of singing just turns me off. If you're gonna bitch, then bitch. If you're gonna sing, then make it melodious and pleasant to listen to.

There is a thing they do on Youtube where they take some obnoxious song and loop it for like 10 hours straight. I think this should be a litmus test for what gets published as music. If someone could not listen to it for ten hours straight without thinking they are the subject of CIA interrogation torture, then it shouldn't be passed off as music. :rolleyes:

Well, that was...enlightening. I think I must listen to different metal music...*chuckle*

I'm just being a wise-ass. Ice went on a rant over in the HDIFRTM (How Do I Feel Right This Moment, just for clarification's sake) thread and mentioned metal music.

I did, for clarity, mean whiny music. I do listen to some metal. It was a spirit of the moment thing.

I did, for clarity, mean whiny music. I do listen to some metal. It was a spirit of the moment thing.

*nods* I figured as much. Still couldn't pass up the chance for smartassery.

No, that's not a real word. Don't care. *chuckle*

*nods* I figured as much. Still couldn't pass up the chance for smartassery.

No, that's not a real word. Don't care. *chuckle*

I only correct spelling in the case of douche bags like FD and/or cases of my own smartassery.

Oh my! I mean... Have you ever? Have you ever read such a perfect post for a story I am in awe. This IS an amazing story already! Now, it is time for me to step up.

*channels her inner Barney Stinson* Challenge accepted!

*nods at Luna*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back