Why is it so hard to find a shy normal intelligent woman?

Why is it so hard to find a shy normal intelligent woman? I'm not asking for anything crazy. Just a normal shy "I can't believe I am talking about this" woman to chat with about mutual fantasies. Not into anything gross or terribly kinky (well at least as far as acts go... maybe the circumstances might be a bit unusual)

So, is it hopeless?

Why is it so hard to find a shy normal intelligent woman? I'm not asking for anything crazy. Just a normal shy "I can't believe I am talking about this" woman to chat with about mutual fantasies. Not into anything gross or terribly kinky (well at least as far as acts go... maybe the circumstances might be a bit unusual)

So, is it hopeless?

Gonna go out on a limb here and give you two possible reasons.

1: your profile is kinda sparse
2: THEY ARE SHY!

So, is it hopeless?

Start up a conversation and get to know them a bit. Be polite and respectful use charm and shivalry and most of all be patient...:cool:

Gonna go out on a limb here and give you two possible reasons.

1: your profile is kinda sparse
2: THEY ARE SHY!

Yeah, the shy thing is the problem. I am modest myself so I understand. Doesn't mean I don't have secrets I wish I could share anonymously though.

This is an interesting question, partly because of the opposing perspective. If you consider that the woman simply considers intimacy something that is not publicly shared, she might question how to capture a man's attention long enough to feel comfortable sharing the kind of details that one doesn't share so boldly.

A shy girls not gonna just jump in and tell you about her fantasies.

Work for it.

I wasn't really expecting anyone to say "Hello, I'm shy. Let's talk about my favorite fetish" LOL I am more than willing to work to gain trust. In fact, I would expect to have to earn the opportunity.

I wasn't really expecting anyone to say "Hello, I'm shy. Let's talk about my favorite fetish" LOL I am more than willing to work to gain trust. In fact, I would expect to have to earn the opportunity.

Then you should be fine.

Your main problem is its like 17-1 here...so its tje girls attempting to weed through all the creeps.

Then you should be fine.

Your main problem is its like 17-1 here...so its tje girls attempting to weed through all the creeps.

Just 17 to one? Far better odds than I thought. LOL It is a shame that mother nature made us so different. Her little joke to drive both men and women crazy!!

This is an interesting question, partly because of the opposing perspective. If you consider that the woman simply considers intimacy something that is not publicly shared, she might question how to capture a man's attention long enough to feel comfortable sharing the kind of details that one doesn't share so boldly.

That is a very good point!

I would guess by being a good conversationalist, though given what many guys are just here for, that could be an issue..."huh, been talking for five minutes and we ain't into the sexing yet?"

Just a thought.

That is a very good point!

I would guess by being a good conversationalist, though given what many guys are just here for, that could be an issue..."huh, been talking for five minutes and we ain't into the sexing yet?"

Just a thought.

and without a little nonverbal communication, it's very easy to become "friends"

Shy can be over rated. When you get bored with that, pull on your big boy underwear and look for those of us that are the opposite of shy. Might help you explore things you never even considered before. Either way, good luck.

Then you should be fine.

Agreed! ^^^
I am shy as far as first introductions. Once I know someone, or they've taken the time to seek me out and start a conversation, I'm fine. I don't do well with making the first move with anything!

Some of us lose our inhibitions on here but in our real life, we are completely opposite. Guess that is why I enjoy Lit so much.

Agreed! ^^^
I am shy as far as first introductions. Once I know someone, or they've taken the time to seek me out and start a conversation, I'm fine. I don't do well with making the first move with anything!

Someone... not this op posted they wanted chit chat..
3 rd message back to me was..

What do you fantasize about.

You know what he got...negative. good luck with your search.

Ugh its super annoying.

Guys... seriously if you dont want to chitchat and get to know someone dont waste our time.

I love chit chat. What I don't care for is a hello, how are you and can we now go to yahoo? Get to know me here first maybe?

I love chit chat. What I don't care for is a hello, how are you and can we now go to yahoo? Get to know me here first maybe?

Well, I will say that I usually ask people to move to IM fairly soon if I want to have a real conversation, because hitting "Refresh" gets old after the first few dozen times.

It doesn't mean that I automatically expect things to turn naughty as soon as we find each other on IM.

Well, I will say that I usually ask people to move to IM fairly soon if I want to have a real conversation, because hitting "Refresh" gets old after the first few dozen times.

It doesn't mean that I automatically expect things to turn naughty as soon as we find each other on IM.

Understood but usually I have multiple chats at the same time and leaving can seem rude.

Take some time and get involved in some other threads as well. Ladies can find out a lot more about you just by seeing what threads you are active on and if you share the same interests. If the only thing they see about your profile is your wanting to hook up, you're going to get lonely quick.

Understood but usually I have multiple chats at the same time and leaving can seem rude.

I don't advocate just going "poof" on anyone you're talking to. If someone is interesting enough but I'm not able to speak to them privately, at that point, I'll explain the situation and ask about talking to them later; whether that means in a few hours or possibly another day.

Take some time and get involved in some other threads as well. Ladies can find out a lot more about you just by seeing what threads you are active on and if you share the same interests. If the only thing they see about your profile is your wanting to hook up, you're going to get lonely quick.

Got to agree, and the first comment that the OP got was that his profile was sort of sparse.

I always sort of groan when a guy posts an add that essentially says he's looking for someone, then leaves it at that. The question in my mind is the question that's going to be on all the ladies' minds: Why you? What distinguishes you from the (literally!) million other guys on Lit?

You'd better give 'em some way to find out!!!

We are here. But as others have already said, you need to post some intelligent comments AND you need to put more detail into your profile. I just looked at it and I'd suggest listing a few of your interests instead of saying there were too many. I have seen some creative profiles and been interested enough by what was said to send a PM to say hello and ask a question.

I don't get the appeal of shy in the first place. I'm intelligent for sure, but shy I am thankfully not. Never have been, never will be. If some doe eyed dope that beats around the bush is your kink, go for it. I'd rather someone that's direct and upfront and says what they want. My 2 unasked for cents.

^^^^ absolutely! And make sure to fill out your profile interests etc....

Back