if you could make your own Babylon what political model would you use?

hobbit.

Gods rep on Earth.
I find it a useful interview question.

I also find it an interesting topic.

Any suggestions?

The most invasive, micromanaging, over the top totalitarian, iron fisted communism I could possibly dream up.

Because supposedly that is 'progress'.

I'm fascist. So something like what the late Francisco Franco ruled with.

Schools were free. Medical schools were available to all and tuition was cheap.

When Ford or Coke sold something in Spain they hadda make it in Spain.

Food was cheap, rent was cheap, medical care was cheap. Public transportation was cheap and plentiful. And a girl could sell pussy but not on the street. A girl could walk any street day or night in perfect safety. He had so many cops with machine guns you never saw a nigger.

The most invasive, micromanaging, over the top totalitarian, iron fisted communism I could possibly dream up.

Because supposedly that is 'progress'.
please expand on your view.

Stalin's???

I'm fascist. So something like what the late Francisco Franco ruled with.

Schools were free. Medical schools were available to all and tuition was cheap.

When Ford or Coke sold something in Spain they hadda make it in Spain.

Food was cheap, rent was cheap, medical care was cheap. Public transportation was cheap and plentiful. And a girl could sell pussy but not on the street. A girl could walk any street day or night in perfect safety. He had so many cops with machine guns you never saw a nigger.

Please expand your view.

stalin had his good points, Mussolini made the trains run on time. russia is cold, italy gets hot.

Stalin would look like a fucking cub scout by comparison.

Because that's progress!

What do you want to know?

when the fuck did someone quoting Joe get to ask the fucking questions?

have you ever visted a salt mine?
dont quote Joe! become Joe!!

I just needed to use the word stultifying. I don't think I've ever used before - or perspicacious, until now that is.
Another Babylon model could be the EU but only because of the language thing and that it is run by unelected bureaucrats - hardly a monarchy.
I want to know why Mr H hasn't said anything about Hinckley C yet.

Benevolent dictator. I want to do things my way, for the better of all the people. Once you get a group of people, everyone argues and nothing gets accomplished.

Capitalism is Babylon. Cowardly, lazy, goose stepping bastards.
Ein Rant! :cattail:

if you could make your own Babylon what political model would you use? - Today, 01:35 PM

Democracy

A new type of political system so tyrannical that nobody dare speak its name, lest their ears spew blood and their children's eyes melt.
Fear would be a solid foundation for the platform of oppression that would house the masses while any rays of hope or freedom would be blocked out by the clouds of misery that swell throughout society.

A broken people are a passive people.

As in good?

I'm fortunate to be living in a part of the world that is still sane and still looks after the little guy.
So a combo between NZ's type of healthcare and education system (free for all, but if you have money you can opt for private)
and Australia's encouragement of small businesses and entrepreneurship.

((As I perceive them to be; please feel free to tell me if I got them wrong).

You are living in a small homogeneous society based upon a common shared heritage and philosophy, so it appears "sane..."

Start importing en masse some differing philosophies and cultures and see how quickly thinks can get a bit hinky.

;) ;)

Back