Silver Mylar Balloons

bodysong

Literotica Guru
Joined
Jan 10, 2008
Posts
7,261
A million silver mylar balloons released.

They are just mylar ballooons.

Consequences ?



Woman Alleging Sexual Assault By Virginia's Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax


She Hires Washington Law Firm

She hired the same law firm that represented Christine Blasey Ford in her allegations against then-Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh.

This Justin Fairfax

Justin Fairfax
@LGJustinFairfax

Jan 17

Proud to join @NARALVirginia @WholeWomans @GovernorVA and reproductive rights advocates this morning! #RoeYourVote pic****itter.com/vEOOH19sep

12:38 PM - 17 Jan 2019


February 4, 2019 Justin Fairfax released a statement.

Eyes On Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax As Gov. Northam Resists Calls To Resign

On Monday, Fairfax denied a sexual assault allegation first reported by the online publication Big League Politics.

Northam Scandal Opens Rift Between Top Democrats in Virginia
 
There is something printed on each mylar ballon.

Images and words.

The strings, trailing off of the ballons,
seem to get entangled with each other.
Flotillas of balloons saling off in their
clump.

Some balloon strings seem to have
people hanging from them.

To the indifferent, unobservant eye,
it remains a million silver mylar ballons.
Momentarily, an impressive sight,
but after years of the sight of a glut ?
Becomes "more of the same."

hat signicance does each ballon have ?

Prodded by Democrat efforts, Mitch McConnell made his preference to repress the vote for minorities, obvious.


Prodded by Democrats that stand up for women's rights to medical choice, Anti-Choice, Anti-Abortion forces went into overdrive.


*watching balloon with Christine Blasey Ford printed on it*

*Kentucky Mitch McConnell is pulled along by string attached to Virginia "Born Alive" bill*

*Born-Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act attached to Senator Ben Sasse, R., Neb*

Virginia Bill to Reduce Restrictions on Late-Term Abortions

Virginia Democrat under attack for (alleged) racism.

Photoshop issue-was the yearbook page altered ?

Virginia Democrat under attack for sexually agressive attack.

Is this an "Al Franken moment" ?



tRump spoke of his preference for "killers."

The virulent virus carried by Trump Loyalists has infected the Republican party.

A resource for the Republican party, Southern and Western Democrats could be trusted to vote with Republicans. Reality pressured each party to compromise.


Trump Loyalists prefer to "kill" off Democrats.

Mitch McConnell turned against both Republicans and Democrats, and betrayed both parties. In favor of himself.




Silver mylar balloon floating.

What is the slogan printed on it ?

Schadenfreude ?

Woman Alleging Sexual Assault By Virginia's Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax


She Hires Washington Law Firm

She hired the same law firm that represented Christine Blasey Ford in her allegations against then-Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh.

https://www.npr.org/2019/02/05/69153...ngton-law-firm

This Justin Fairfax

Justin Fairfax
@LGJustinFairfax

Jan 17

Proud to join @NARALVirginia @WholeWomans @GovernorVA and reproductive rights advocates this morning! #RoeYourVote pic****itter.com/vEOOH19sep

12:38 PM - 17 Jan 2019


RICHMOND, Va. — A push by Virginia Democrats to loosen restrictions on late-term abortions is erupting into a fierce partisan clash because of a viral video in which a lawmaker acknowledges her legislation would allow abortions up until moments before birth.

Gov. Ralph Northam added gas to the fire Wednesday by describing a hypothetical situation in a radio interview where an infant who is severely deformed or unable to survive after birth could be left to die. That prompted accusations from prominent Republicans that he supports infanticide.

Democrats said their views were being deliberately mischaracterized by the GOP for political gain.

“Republicans in Virginia and across the country are trying to play politics with women’s health, and that is exactly why these decisions belong between a woman and her physician, not legislators, most of whom are men,” Northam spokeswoman Ofirah Yheskel said in a statement.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...084_story.html


February 4, 2019 Justin Fairfax released a statement.

Eyes On Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax As Gov. Northam Resists Calls To Resign

https://www.npr.org/2019/02/04/69100...alls-to-resign

On Monday, Fairfax denied a sexual assault allegation first reported by the online publication Big League Politics.

Mysterious anonymous source for Right Wing publication digs up dirt on popular Democrat, during serious battle


(Big League Politics

Howley’s story claimed that the photo shows Northam “and a friend.” But it offers no reporting to back up that assertion.

Holey, connected to Daily Caller, Breitbart News, Stephen K. Bannon, Corey Lewandowski, the Seth Rich conspiracy.



co-owners include Noel Fritsch, a consultant who worked for the campaign of Corey A. Stewart, a conservative, neo-Confederate sympathizer who unsuccessfully challenged Virginia Sen. Tim Kaine (D) for his seat last year, and Reilly O’Neal, another consultant who worked for Roy Moore, the Alabama Senate candidate who accused of making unwanted sexual advances toward teenage girls when he was in his 30s.)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...311_story.html

Northam Scandal Opens Rift Between Top Democrats in Virginia


Reluctance to remove Northam, despite scandal.

http://www.mainepublic.org/post/va-h...ng-gov-northam


In the past, the Republican party protected their interests. But, after elections they dropped the hostility and worked for the good of the country.

The Republican party was converted into the Trump Loyalist Party of Illusion.


Where is Mitch McConnell ?

Hiding from the public.
 
Silver Mylar Ballons of the Past

tRump shouts

Hey! Look at me! Although my father is a racist, I will create situations that appear to prove I am a good Democrat!


Peter Sagal Verified Account
@petersagal

This might be a nice time to remind you all that Donald Trump once crashed a Pediatric AIDS charity dinner, took a real donor's seat at the podium, received lots of applause and praise, and left without giving a dime. Really.

7:05 PM - 5 Feb 2019

Since tRump was posing as a Democrat supporter, the hosts of the charity dinner were reluctant to pull fraudulent tRump off of the stage. (tRump brought big, tall body guards with him, to prevent this from happening.)The real donor was angry. He donated millions, gave many hours of service. tRump ruined the charity's relationship with the donor.

Here is another true story. A school for poverty stricken and disadvantaged children was in real trouble. tRump promised to fix everything. The school rejoiced. tRump got his photo-op and good (not real) publicity. He left the celebration, and threw $500.00 out of the car window. He sneered at the school for believing that he would live up to his pledge.

The school needed millions, and the world believed that their problems were over, because tRump lied. The picture published in the newspapers, and flashed during the TV news reports did not tell the true story. Of course, the children, teachers, and fund raisers looked happy in the picture. They believed their hopes and dreams were granted. They believed their prayers had been answered.

The journalists were not around to see the faces of the people that had a few hundred dollars at them.

No one had warned the school that tRump regularly violated people's expectations. It was his method of business. He went as far as violating agreements with American banks. He screwed them over. They told tRump to get lost, when he came to them for more money, again. He ruined his reputation, worldwide.

But, Russia need dirty criminal money to be washed...
 
How Donald Trump Shifted Kids-Cancer Charity Money Into His Business

https://www.forbes.com/sites/danale...-kids-cancer-charity-money-into-his-business/

A few thousand orange mylar ballooons went up

Oh Jesus: Did Trump Really Skim Charity Money from Kids with Cancer?
Trump profited from kids cancer charity, report says
Trump Funneled Cancer Charity Money to His Businesses
Despite Claiming Otherwise, Trump Organization Reaped Profits

Trump Fuckery Concerning His Private Property


June 6, 2017

Did the Trump Organization Make Money From Eric Trump’s Cancer Charity?

"...apparently used the Eric Trump Foundation to funnel $100,000 in donations into revenue for the Trump Organization."

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2017...tion-make-money-from-sons-cancer-charity.html

This mylar balloon was glowing an un-earthly green, as if it were radioactive.

December 18th, 2018

Today the Trump Foundation, aka the President’s personal charity fund, has agreed to shut down amid ongoing lawsuits and ethics investigations. The case was spearheaded by New York’s Attorney General Barbara Underwood, who released a statement saying “Our petition detailed a shocking pattern of illegality involving the Trump Foundation — including unlawful coordination with the Trump presidential campaign, repeated and willful self-dealing, and much more … This amounted to the Trump Foundation functioning as little more than a checkbook to serve Mr. Trump’s business and political interests.

https://www.themarysue.com/trump-foundation-scandal/
 
Scoff-law, a fraud, and a liar

Scams

Same crimes, different coast.


Tom Dreisbach Verified Account
@TomDreisbach

Trump's California Golf Course used to claim they donated money to a non-profit for childhood cancer research, St. Baldrick's Foundation. The foundation told me they had no record of a donation from Trump or his golf course. After my calls, the golf course removed the claim.

10:25 PM - 5 Feb 2019


tRump boast of donations to 200 charities

Nope

NPR was able to confirm only about $800,000 in donations, less than one-fifth of what was claimed.

# Seventeen organizations listed on the Trump National website said that they could not find any record of a donation from the golf club.

# Several organizations listed on the website are not charities at all. The list includes a city government, a state agency and a branch of the U.S. military.

# Most organizations received small contributions from the golf club, including donations of $140. Most of the contributions to organizations on the list were not in the form of cash but in-kind donations, like a gift certificate for a round of golf or "Sunday brunch for two."

(Ah, gee, the offer was time sensitive and it has seemed to expired! )

https://www.npr.org/2017/10/18/5583...illions-to-charity-heres-what-the-numbers-say
 
It is OK for Trump Loyalists to Treat a SOTU like a Trump Rally

It is on the record, which Republicans attended a tRump rally, who had campaign support from tRump. They flew with tRump to their home states.

If they are on the Republican side, and attending the 2019 SOTU, you can be sure that they are on the Trump Loyalist Team.


But, it is not OK for Democrats to react to tRump, or a have negative attitude, after tRump rained shit on so many people.

John Boehner at Obama's SOTU

The New Yorker
The New Yorker Verified Account

@NewYorker
.@BorowitzReport: Republicans Blast Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s Sour Expression During State of the Union Address

10:23 AM - 7 Feb 2019

‘If we’re going to have arguments, let’s have arguments,’ Obama said as the House speaker, John Boehner, looked on. ‘But let’s make them debates worthy of this body and worthy of this country.’


pic at link

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...licans-enraged

John Boehner wears an expression on his face, that is sour enough to spoil milk. Was Boehner drunk when he sat behind Obama ? I do not think that Boehner as sober enough, to be able hear the speech. Hatred is pretty much a one note expression.

OTOH, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez heard every word.


Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Verified Account
@AOC

Why should I be “spirited and warm” for this embarrassment of a #SOTU? Tonight was an unsettling night for our country. The president failed to offer any plan, any vision at all, for our future. We’re flying without a pilot. And I‘m not here to comfort anyone about that fact.

twitter.com/peggynoonannyc…

9:29 PM - 5 Feb 2019


Peggy Noonan Verified Account
@Peggynoonannyc

And good natured with the white jackets, who I see some on twitter are calling the straight jackets. AOC had a rare bad night, looking not spirited, warm and original as usual but sullen, teenaged and at a loss. 2.

7:25 PM - 5 Feb 2019

A nearly 70 year old Republican that currently sucks up to the "Conservative"party, throws insults at a 29 year old American woman, that has accomplished a rare goal.

FFS! What was there in tRump's speech for a anyone with reading comprehension skills, to applaud ? tRump's lies were debunked as soon as he spoke them.



tRump took time out of his speech on unity to take a swing at Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.

There were many women in suffragette white, attending the SOTU. They did not look pleased with what he said. Until tRump accidently veered.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...-take-kindly-being-called-sullen-state-union/
 
ah! Now, the pieces fall into place. tRump's team has been extra-religious this past week. The lead up to the 2019 Prayer Breakfast.

Not held at tRump's hotel, but the Washington Hilton.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/trum...ghts-national-prayer-breakfast-161029132.html

:confused:


During the National Prayer Breakfast, Trump was talking about the role religion has played in American equality movements, but he didn’t quite get all the words right.

“Since the founding of our nation, many of our greatest strides, from gaining our independence to abolition of civil rights to extending the vote for women, have been led by people of faith,” he said.

Those four words ricocheted around the Internet all day. And they resulted in Trump getting trolled by the dictionary. Again.

Kyle Griffin Verified Account
@kylegriffin1

Trump says that some of America's greatest accomplishments, including the "abolition of civil rights," have been led by people of faith.

Via Fox pic****itter.com/Gqa8e74jLz


6:50 AM - 7 Feb 2019

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...-civil-rights-his-gaffe-did-not-go-unnoticed/

Stephen Colbert noticed.


He finished with Trump's curious statement about American accomplishments at Thursday's National Prayer Breakfast: "Abolition of civil rights? 'Ooops, I accidentally read next year's speech.'"

https://theweek.com/speedreads/8226...ats-responded-trumps-dontinvestigateme-threat
 
Many mylar ballons were released, today. Some strings are attached to people down on the ground. Some mylar ballooons are unmistakeably blue.

Rep. Pramila Jayapa

Rep. Jan Schakowsky of Illinois

I am sending one up for Alfonso Bedoya.
He spoke these immortal words.



Gold Hat : We are the Federales... You know... The mounted police.

Dobbs : If you're the police, where are your badges?

Gold Hat : Badges?... We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges!

The attitude of tRump Loyalists is reflected by a Mexican actor, that fulfilled this essential role, of a defiant Mexican.

Silence in the face of confrontation, is not a satisfactory answer.

The men that were confronted by panels, sought to destroy the lives of Mexicans and their children.


The fact that Whitaker auditioned for a job in the administration as a pro-Trump pundit on Fox News and CNN is hardly unprecedented. Trump has hired many people that way. But it is certainly unusual for someone who was on record vociferously defending a president from a criminal inquiry to be hired to oversee that inquiry. It's even more unusual that Whitaker refused to recuse himself. All of that is of interest to the committee, and the public has a right to hear Trump's guy explain himself.

https://www.salon.com/2019/02/08/ma...tol-hill-maybe-and-trumps-not-happy-about-it/

What as worse, was the response of men that took part in tRump's scam.

They whined.

"Do not make us do it! It is too hard! We did a miserable, inadequate, botched job of it. Thousands of children are lost."

They gave their excuse.

"It will hurt the children."

This, after their efforts result in dead children.

Why don't these Big, Strong, Powerful, Republican Men tell the truth?

It will be expensive.
It will take years to give children back to their parents.
 
crack is whack. take a midol and lay down, you'll feel better.
 
temp AG Whitaker (#Meatball #Sweathog) expresses his disdain and contempt

"I don't need to give you Congress Critters any stinking answers!"

Mother Jones
Mother Jones Verified Account
@MotherJones

Rep. Nadler: "In your capacity as acting attorney general, have you ever been asked to approve any request or action to be taken by the special counsel?" Instead of answering, Whitaker says: "Mr chairman, I see that your time is up."

2:46 PM - 8 Feb 2019


Wonkette
@Wonkette

WHOA, THIS ACTUALLY JUST HAPPENED. Meatball said, "Mr. Chairman, your five minutes is up." TO JERRY NADLER. HE SAID THIS WITH HIS MOUTH.

wonkette.com/its-meatball-t… via @EvanHurst
7:12 AM - 8 Feb 2019


American Loser
@_American_Loser Replying to @Wonkette @EvanHurst @JerryNadler

I don't think #Sweathog understands @JerryNadler isn't one of those senior citizens he scammed and then threatened. Nadler will have Sweathog's balls hanging on his wall by the end of day.

7:15 AM - 8 Feb 2019


When Rep. Pramila Jayapal's (D-WA) turn came to grill Acting Attorney General Matt Whitaker during Friday's oversight hearing, she skipped right to the inhumane DOJ policy of ripping children away from their parents, looking for some answers.

After dodging Jayapal's pointed questions about policy, and his ignorance of what policies were in effect when despite his role as Jefferson Beauregard Sessions, III's Chief of Staff, she got to the point.

Jayapal asked Whitaker, “Did you track when you were prosecuting a parent or legal guardian who had been separated from a child?”

His reply was as straightforward as he ever got: “I don’t believe we were tracking that.”

“You were not tracking. That is the correct answer," she shot back. "And when parents are prosecuted and sentenced, they are in DOJ custody, correct?”

Whitaker admitted they were in DOJ custody, transferred to the U.S. Marshal's office, which prompted her to light a hot fire under him for the ridiculous, inhuman, barbaric policy.

“These parents were in your custody, your attorneys are prosecuting them and your department was not tracking parents who were separated from their children," she growled.

"Do you know what kind of damage has been done to children and families across this country, children who will never get to see their parents again? Do you understand the magnitude of that?” Jayapal grilled.

https://crooksandliars.com/2019/02/rep-jayapal-savages-whitaker-over-family

Silence does not provide answers.
 
El Paso Has Been a Reminder of President Trump’s Failures On the Border.


Now He’s Campaigning There.

In a political rally scheduled for Monday, Trump is expected to once again push for a border wall.

Feb 8, 2019

“Trump’s trip to El Paso is the equivalent of a criminal returning to the scene of the crime. It will awaken each of them again, making them politically relevant. One needs to ask, what is Trump expecting to gain from this rally and how can it possibly outweigh all the negative coverage it will garner?”


The El Paso congresswoman is under no illusion that Trump will take her advice. “The fact that this is a political rally tells me he is going to parachute in and try to again use fear and misinformation in order to appeal to his base. And it’s obviously deeply troubling that he would use El Paso as a prop that way.”

https://www.texasmonthly.com/politi...umps-failures-on-the-border-now-hes-visiting/


Texas Tribune Verified Account
@TexasTribune
Beto O'Rourke will march and speak against the border wall during the Donald Trump rally in El Paso on Monday.

5:19 PM - 8 Feb 2019

Protesters Raise Funds To Bring Trump Baby Blimp In Time For President’s El Paso Rally

The “Baby Trump Does El Paso” GoFundMe page had $4,086 as of Friday, easily meeting a $3,500 goal.

Rep. Veronica Escobar (D-Texas) sent Trump a letter Thursday demanding an apology for his State of the Union statements. She attacked the president’s “outright lies” and “cheap attempts to use our community as a political prop.”

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-baby-blimp-el-paso-protest_us_5c5e120fe4b0eec79b23685e

They do not want his wall, or his fence. El Paso is trying to get the coils of razor wire removed.

“It is sad to hear President Trump state falsehoods about El Paso in an attempt to justify the building of a 2,000-mile wall,” El Paso County Sheriff Richard Wiles, a Democrat, said in a statement about Trump’s slam in his State of the Union address. “El Paso was a safe city long before any wall was built.”

Former Democratic Texas Rep. Beto O’Rourke, whose hometown is El Paso, complained to The Washington Post that Trump is “just full on, in the most racist terms, completely divorced from ... reality” concerning El Paso crime, and “uses this to incite fear and paranoia.”

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...ps-dangerous-lies_us_5c5d1793e4b0a502ca341a6f

More shit shows from tRump.
 
A blue tinted mylar balloon flying high, for all to see.

Name printed on it, is Representative David Cicilline (D-RI)

temp AG Whitaker attempts to use his "I don"t need to give Congress Critters any stinking answers" routine

When it becomes clear that Whitaker isn’t going to be particularly illuminating in his answers, Rep. Cicilline decides to give him a dose of what it feels like to be disrespected by someone, as he just begins cutting him off after a word or two, knowing it’s a load of hot orange air coming out of Whitaker’s mouth.



Rep. Ciclline: You would not answer questions about conversations with the president, did you not? Whitaker: Yes, I did.


Rep. Ciclline: So you are not sitting here today saying the president has instructed you to answer questions, correct?


Whitaker: I'm not sitting here --


Rep. Ciclline:--You're prepared to answer all of the questions?


Whitaker: Congressman, I was pretty --


Rep. Ciclline:--Have you spoken to the president, Mr. Whitaker about the Mueller investigation?


Whitaker: Congressman, as I have previously testified, I did not talk to the president about the Mueller investigation.


Rep. Ciclline: Have you ever spoken to the president or member—or parts of his legal team—about information that you've learned in your capacity as acting attorney general related to the Mueller investigation or any other criminal investigation involving the president?


Whitaker: Congressman, while I have specifically been saying that I'm not going to comment about my conversations with the President or his senior staff. I have also been very clear that the president has not instructed me to do anything.


Rep. Cicilline: That wasn't my question. My question is have you had conversations about what you learned. That's a yes or no.


Whittaker: Congressman, I have, I spend all day every day—


Rep. Cicilline: --Mr. Whitaker, my question is very specific: have you spoken to the President or his legal team about what you've learned in the Mueller investigation or were the related criminal investigation that may involve the president, yes or no ?

(Other people have been talking about what Whittaker has said.)

Rep. Cicilline: You said all those things and they're all in print. And it answers Mr. Deutch’s (D-FL) question. The American people wondered just how is it that Mr. Whittaker becomes the acting Attorney General of the United States, in violation of existing statutes. Was he put there for a particular purpose. That wasn't a question.

Democratic Rep. blows AG Whitaker's hair back with rapid fire questioning

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/20...taker-s-hair-back-with-rapid-fire-questioning
 
Last edited:
Follow the money!

Price tags, on some of the floating mylar balloons with names printed on them.

The days pass by so quickly, so many children trafficked by Christians.

A federal court ordered the Trump administration to end its family separation policy last year, after a successful lawsuit filed by the ACLU; on its website, the civil liberties organization called Friday’s filing a “a shocking concession that it can’t easily find thousands of children it ripped from parents, and doesn’t even think it’s worth the time to locate each of them.”

Government officials now appear prepared to compound the human-rights violations they’ve already committed by absolving themselves of their legal and moral responsibilities to reunite the very families they separated. Attorneys for the government and the ACLU will return to court on February 21.

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/02/hhs-reuniting-separated-migrant-families-hard.html

Earlier this week the Trump administration told a federal court that it would require too much effort to reunite migrant children with their parents.

Bottom line: The Trump administration says it can’t reunite missing migrant children with their families; instead, many of the children are being funneled through Christian adoption trafficking mills like the DeVos connected Bethany Christian Services.

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/progr...g-funneled-through-christian-adoption-agency/

Nearly everyone involved ith tRump, worked to insure that the children would remain separated from their parents.
 
AP News calls dibs on reporting

Senator Jeff Merkley
Senator Jeff Merkley Verified Account
@SenJeffMerkley

Government sponsored child abuse is STILL happening on American soil and in OUR NAMES. We cannot accept this as normal. It is our moral duty to stand up and speak out against these atrocities.

2:53 PM - 5 Feb 2019


ACLU
ACLU Verified Account
@ACLU

BREAKING: Tonight the Trump administration filed documents that don’t dispute the recent report that there may have been thousands more separated kids. They’re arguing it would take too long to figure out where those kids are because they have no tracking system.

7:07 PM - 1 Feb 2019

ACLU
ACLU Verified Account
@ACLU Replying to @ACLU

This response is a shocking concession that the government can’t easily find thousands of children it ripped from parents, and doesn’t even think it’s worth the time to locate each of them. We will be back in court on February 21.

7:07 PM - 1 Feb 2019


Senator Jeff Merkley
Senator Jeff Merkley Verified Account
@SenJeffMerkley

I am sick and tired of the @realDonaldTrump administration LYING about the evil they inflicted through their child separation policy. Aren’t you?! It’s time we stand together and say that enough is enough.

1:11 PM - 3 Feb 2019

Senator Jeff Merkley
Senator Jeff Merkley Verified Account
@SenJeffMerkley

This is what evil looks like.
5:14 AM - 4 Feb 2019
 
More eerily glowing, sickeningly green-tinted balloons float up.

Un-reality supported by the greedy and corrupted.

They dare to voice these distructive, harmful, un-truths in public.


A space was carved out for them, to perform their evil duties.


A rip in the garbage bag that they have chosen to live in.

The world around them takes note of the rotten stink.
 
El Paso Times
El Paso Times Verified Account
@elpasotimes

Fact check: Trump says 10,000 at El Paso County Coliseum rally; Fire Department says not true

7:53 PM - 11 Feb 2019

(The El Paso County Coliseum holds about 6,500 people)


Patrick Svitek Verified Account
@PatrickSvitek

About 7,000 were at the park where @BetoORourke spoke tonight, his team says, citing law enforcement

7:11 PM - 11 Feb 2019 from El Paso, TX

Fact check: President tones down claim on crime, boosts crowd sizes at County Coliseum
2019-02-12 04:45 UTC by El Paso Times

President Donald Trump made several claims about the border and the crime rate in El Paso, but his most egregious lies were about how many were there.

Brad Parscale Verified Account
@ parscale

Washington, DC
Campaign Manager for @realdonaldtrump 2020 Presidential Campaign. It’s pronounced “Par” - “Scale”.


Brad Parscale
Brad Parscale Verified Account
@parscale

It looks like Beto only has 900 guests at his so called March, tiny! We have over 35000 in attendance. 8000 inside and tens of thousands in the parking lot and streets. @realDonaldTrump had 70,000+ RSVPs and thousands couldn’t make it. #winning


5:58 PM - 11 Feb 2019
 
Monty Python Strikes Again

Eric Idle Verified Account
@EricIdle

Maybe a Border fence with a shrubbery?

4:16 PM - 11 Feb 2019
 
Eric Idle Verified Account
@EricIdle

When Reality stars fade.... the President of the USA visited what he said was a danger zone, promoted his visit heavily and only 6,000 citizens turned up to see him. Sad.

8:48 AM - 12 Feb 2019

Zahira Torres
Zahira Torres Verified Account
@zahiratorres

El Paso Fire Department just told us that Trump's statement about them allowing 10,000 people inside is incorrect. Spokesman says coliseum holds 6,500 and that is how many were allowed in building. #TrumpElPaso

6:45 PM - 11 Feb 2019

Bob Moore
@BobMooreNews

El Paso County Coliseum officials tell me about 6,000 people watched the @realDonaldTrump rally on screens outside, on top of the 7,000 inside. So total of about 13,000.

7:12 PM - 11 Feb 2019


Jennifer Epstein Verified Account
@jeneps

El Paso police estimate a crowd of 10,000 to 15,000 for the anti-Trump, anti-wall, pro-O’Rourke march and rally tonight.

7:23 PM - 11 Feb 2019 from El Paso, TX

Both reporters said it’s key to own up to mistakes when they happen, especially in such a hostile climate.

“Something that distinguishes us from, for example, Donald Trump,” Dale said.

They closed by looking ahead to the 2020 election, with Trump’s first rally Monday evening in El Paso Texas.

Asked about the president’s chances of being re-elected, Dale cautioned against an overreliance on polling, which is something he said contributed to the surprise at Trump’s 2016 election.

“You have to take it seriously,” he said of the possibility of four more years of Trump.

“I’m not writing him off.”

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...ump-hes-just-a-human-like-the-rest-of-us.html
 
Some people refuse to go along with Trump Lies

“Now the arena holds 8,000,” said Trump, during the rally.

“And thank you, fire department. They got in about 10,000. Thank you, fire department. Appreciate it.”

El Paso Fire Department spokesman Enrique D. Aguilar told The El Paso Times that not only did the fire department not give Trump special permission, but the Coliseum had about 6,500 people in it during the president’s rally. Aguilar says that number was at capacity and well within its standard allowance.

The spokesman added that “it might be 10,000 with the people outside” total, but the fire department didn’t track the number of people outside the venue. While the number Trump quoted about his attendees might not have been far off, he blatantly lied that he got special permission, according to Aguilar.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...pt-says-fire-dept_us_5c62f0b7e4b0a8731aea8cdf
 
It started with an erased tweet

Shades of ‘Covfefe’: Trump Sends Bizarre Tweet Consisting Simply of ‘funding bill’

Donald Trump’s wrote another very short chapter in his storied Twitter career, posting a mysterious two-word message that simply read “funding bill.”

The tweet was deleted in less than two minutes, and was reminiscent of Trump’s cryptic 2017 tweet, which read “Despite the constant negative press covfefe”.

https://www.mediaite.com/online/sha...arre-tweet-consisting-simply-of-funding-bill/

Journalists, news media teams, bloggers, head for the scene of the vote

Mike Stark
@mike_stark

Senator Warren just told me she's a "no" on the border compromise because it does nothing to end family separations.

1:09 PM - 14 Feb 2019

Republicans have become known for running away from questions. They can't run away, this time. They must vote.

Paul McLeod Verified Account
@pdmcleod Replying to @pdmcleod

There are police here on the hill circling politicians when they come in for the vote, keeping reporters away from them. This is not normal.

12:46 PM - 14 Feb 2019


Paul McLeod Verified Account
@pdmcleod Replying to @pdmcleod

This is fucked. The police say they're just "escorting" the senators to the vote. In effect, they're shielding them from taking questions. Never seen this before.

12:54 PM - 14 Feb 2019

Paul McLeod Verified Account
@pdmcleod Replying to @pdmcleod

An officer smashed right into NBC's Lee-Anne Caldwell who was walking with a senator. Another reporter, who is pregnant, says she was also shoved. Lots of yelling between reporters and cops here, who are clearly blocking reporters from getting near senators.

12:52 PM - 14 Feb 2019

Paul McLeod Verified Account
@pdmcleod Replying to @pdmcleod

After a big shouting match broke out when reporters were shoved, in Lee-anne's case violently, the police have changed their tactics and are hanging back more.

1:15 PM - 14 Feb 2019

Chuck Schumer Verified Account
@SenSchumer

Declaring a national emergency would be a lawless act, a gross abuse of the power of the presidency, and a desperate attempt to distract from the fact that President @realDonaldTrump broke his core promise to have Mexico pay for his wall.

1:39 PM - 14 Feb 2019
 
Leigh Ann Caldwell Verified Account
@LACaldwellDC

So Trump will sign the bill AND sign a national emergency declaration, @senatemajldr said on the floor

12:07 PM - 14 Feb 2019

Mitch McConnell the craven coward
"tRump did not say I could."
FFS, you are heading an independent branch of the government!


Leader McConnell Verified Account
@ senatemajldr
Washington, DC

U.S. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell
republicanleader.senate.gov


ABC News Verified Account
@ABC Replying to @ABC

LATEST: National emergency will be blocked by courts temporarily, DOJ warns White
House.


3:24 PM - 14 Feb 2019

National emergency will be blocked by courts temporarily, DOJ warns White House
The Justice Department has warned the White House a national emergency declaration is nearly certain to be blocked by the courts on, at least, a temporary basis.
 
Historic meeting among Native American sovereign nations.

https://www.indianz.com/News/2019/02/14/white-house-tribal-listening-session-tur.asp

The afternoon listening session was the first of its kind of the Trump era. But the way it was handled by the White House and by the National Congress of American Indians prompted the entire delegation of the Oglala Sioux Tribe to leave in protest.

The session was run by two mid-level officials from the White House "who looked like kids," one attendee said, which was seen as a sign of their lack of experience. One of those officials works at the White House Office of Intergovernmental Affairs, which deals with tribal and state governments, but he was assigned to his position barely five months ago, after finishing law school only six years prior.

indianz.com
@indianz

The executive council winter session of the National Congress of American Indians has concluded. Tribal leaders are now heading to a White House listening session this afternoon. It’s the first such session of the Trump era. It is closed to press and public.

Had the meeting occurred earlier in the Trump era instead of two years into the administration, it might have turned out differently. At one point, two tribal citizens were working on Indian and related issues for the president but one was moved to a different government position outside of the White House a year ago before he left the administration altogether. The second has since taken a position for Vice President Mike Pence and no longer works directly with tribal governments.


9:13 AM - 13 Feb 2019


White House listening session with William F. Crozer- Special Assistant to President Trump & Deputy Director at the White House Office of Intergovernmental Affairs, Tara Sweeney- Assistant Secretary of Indian Affairs, NCAI President Jefferson Keel

Julian Bear Runner's remarks were streamed live on Facebook, in defiance of the White House's attempt to limit who could witness the session.
 
If Russia promises everything that the Evangelicals want

White Supremacy,
Complete Freedom of Weapons,
The Banning of Abortion,
The Punishment of LGBT,
Subjugation of All Minorities,
The Restriction of Women Under God/god,
Exportation of White Russian and Eastern Europe Children to America For Adoption,
and the Rise of White Plutocracy,

If Russia promises that all will be theirs, will the Trump Loyalists party be willing to trade the American Constitution, and the loss of liberty, independence, freedom, for absolute rule under Putin the Emperor ?

Trump wishes to be King.

Why ask this question ?

There are some mylar balloons that remain caught in dust devil, a little bit of whirling wind, as if the breeze was imitating a tornado.

Meghan McCain's name seems to be printed on many of the mylar balloons. This one is a bit delated, but it still floats.

"Meghan McCain said that she regretted saying she “hated” Hillary
Clinton and calling her “Crooked Hillary.”


"I'm like 'Crooked Hillary' because I hate Hillary Clinton as you know."

Meghan McCain picks up her sword and shield, in defense of the White Evangelist Supremacy Realm

Andrew McCabe is under attack

“I don’t believe you’re a reliable narrator,” McCain said. “And I’m not convinced this isn’t just some kind of PR campaign to stop yourself from getting indicted. You were fired at the recommendation of the FBI — which, in your book, you cite four times how great of an organization it is, for your lack of candor. I would like you to say right here on national TV that you were not a source for The New York Times. You were never a source for The New York Times or any other publication — considering that is what you were accused of lying about.”

McCabe was visibly taken aback by the question and sat silent for a moment. McCain took the opportunity to parse down her query.

“Basically, were you ever a leaker to The New York Times?”

Finally, McCabe responded.

“Absolutely not,” he said. “Not at any time ever. You should understand, Meghan, when I was serving as deputy director, I was one of two people in the FBI that had the authority to disclose information to the media. That is an FBI policy, it’s baked into the way that we run media relations in the organization. So I transacted on issues regarding the media every single day.”

https://www.mediaite.com/online/meg...s-isnt-a-pr-campaign-to-stop-your-indictment/


Old guy examines the country that he lives in

Where does Trump fit into this? His interests match those of the rich and few. If he and they are successful, our government will be controlled by a set of privileged, rich, conservative, self-serving, authoritarian, older, white men — thus, extinguishing our democracy.

By definition, we'll live in a combined plutocracy/oligarchy — in this case, with Trump/McConnell leading the pack, filled with a heavy dose of meanness.

Paul G. Bursiek

http://www.dailycamera.com/letters/ci_32247171/paul-g-bursiek-plutocracy-meanness
 
This balloon seems a great deal larger that standard mylar balloon. Is it a weather balloon ? Perhaps it is a passenger balloon.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/feb/19/andrew-mccabe-60-minutes-trump-fbi

Trump gave McCabe “almost a gleeful description” of his firing of his boss, James Comey, claiming that “people in the FBI were thrilled about this”. This was something of a surprise to McCabe since he had just left an FBI building where hardened G-men were crying in the hallways.

“As he went on talking about how happy people in the FBI were, he said to me: ‘I heard that you were part of the resistance,’” McCabe recounted to CBS News’ 60 Minutes. When McCabe asked him what that meant, Trump obliged as follows: “I heard that you were one of the people that did not support Jim Comey. You didn’t agree with him and the decisions that he’d made in the Clinton case. And is that true?”

Like so much else in Trump’s life, it was spectacularly false and ignorant: a self-fulfilling prophecy of stupidity

Sadly for the McCabe-Trump relationship, it wasn’t. In fact, like so much else in Trump’s life, it was spectacularly false and ignorant: a self-incriminating, self-fulfilling prophecy of stupidity.

“I was speaking to the man who had just run for the presidency and won the election for the presidency and who might have done so with the aid of the government of Russia, our most formidable adversary on the world stage,” McCabe said. “And that was something that troubled me greatly.”
 
This mylar ballon is leaking a very foul odor.

Republicans are refusing to authorize back pay for hundreds of thousands of federal contractors, many of them in the lowest paid jobs.


Those federal contractors — many of them lower-paid cafeteria workers or security guards — were excluded from the provisions that offered back pay to furloughed federal workers who worked directly for the U.S. government.

“I don’t think we can pay people who didn’t work, even through no fault of their own,” Sen. John Cornyn (R-TX) told Vox.
 
Back
Top