North Carolina anyone

Look what I got this weekend.

I'm using a screenshot of a snapchat because my original files are too large and I'm lazy.

Beautiful tree! I appreciate the classic white lights, by the way. I feel it's something of a rarity these days...

Nice tree!! Did you pick it up in the mountains?
Thank you! No, I ran out of weekend and ended up going to a lot. :(
Beautiful tree! I appreciate the classic white lights, by the way. I feel it's something of a rarity these days...

Thank you! We literally just threw some shit on there and hoped for the best.

I guess you could say I'm not exactly the decorator type. ;)

I'm not exactly NC, but I'm pretty close in SC. Does that count?

I spend most of my time in the Queen City and in the Triangle. Male in my late 20s.

Not here! Only sun for us in Charlotte :D

Yup, a beautiful early winter day here in Durham as well. My dog (and I suppose I) really appreciate the break in from that constant drizzle we seemed to be getting over the past week.

Last edited:
Wilmington

First one from Wilmington!! I'm on during the day usually. Would like to find someone to playfully chat with!

I'm freezing my ass off. I hope nobody from anywhere resembling the north is reading this.

...I'm originally from Maine. We'd consider that the north, right?

My favorite "NC winter thing" is when they cancel school for the threat of snow on Friday as early as Wednesday. It gets me every time.

To be fair, I actually like having a summer here.

...I'm originally from Maine. We'd consider that the north, right?

My favorite "NC winter thing" is when they cancel school for the threat of snow on Friday as early as Wednesday. It gets me every time.

To be fair, I actually like having a summer here.

It snows and ices so infrequently here (or it used to), that they simply don't have the infrastructure in place to ensure the roads are safe before school buses and commuters travel on them. I don't think they particularly enjoy closing the schools or do it out of ignorance, but rather safety and to avoid a legal fiasco.

This is coming from someone who isn't originally from NC. :) I actually had to go to school when it snowed! However the roads were plowed and salted.

It snows and ices so infrequently here (or it used to), that they simply don't have the infrastructure in place to ensure the roads are safe before school buses and commuters travel on them. I don't think they particularly enjoy closing the schools or do it out of ignorance, but rather safety and to avoid a legal fiasco.

This is coming from someone who isn't originally from NC. :) I actually had to go to school when it snowed! However the roads were plowed and salted.

Oh, I completely agree! It is definitely a safety issue. I live at the bottom of a hilly street in Durham and the number of accidents I have seen on it over the past seven years (with only as dusting of snow) is astronomical (eh, maybe about 25). Plus, no one wants to go to school in July. I apologize if my previous post came off as too serious! It was meant in light-hearted jest.

I tried finding / calculating the number of snow plows per capita in Durham country, then I realized a) I have no idea where to easily find that information, b) I don't really feel like putting in the time, and c) no one really cares. I probably couldn't post on a more boring and un-sexy subject.

Alas, here I am doing it anyways... <sigh>

I am a native of NC and most of the school systems close because of safety, most school bus stops are on side roads which are the very last they will plow. I have never seen a salt truck in my neighborhood. Most roads are state owned and side streets are not so it would be up to the towns to clear them.
I must admit though, from what I have seen in my life some people should stay off the road when it snows or ices... or even rains for that matter, natives from the north or the mountains know how to drive in it more than the rest of us....

X9hy4hN4m72zm.gif

I hope everyone enjoys their weekend! Especially the warmer weather that is going to be around on Sunday and Monday before it gets cold and rainy Tuesday :)

Yep. Just a big discount store. Prices????????? Not a real buy, but an experience.

Raleigh here, transplant from the Midwest. Love it here, but could be a little warmer for me.

I understand the snow issue. Grew up with it and understand driving in it, but soooooo many here do not. Need to stay home. Snow and rain don't work well with the traffic. Sucks.

But no matter the weather, I love it here. Summer and I get along well.

It is always funny though in the middle of summer people say "I can't wait for cooler weather" then in the fall and winter "I cant wait for warmer weather"

Back