son of the isolated blurts thread!

Oooooh which one were you wearing? I'm a total perfume junkie .....

Me too, Minxy! I was wearing Laila.

I don't know how to do the picture hosting thing, but when I went to look at my perfume tray, this is what was on it:

Laila (new)
Cool Water by Davidoff
White Shoulders by Evyan
Lauren by Ralph Lauren
Red by Giorgio
Red Door by Elizabeth Arden
L'Air Du Temps by Nina Ricci
Beautiful by Estee Lauder
Beyond Paradise by Estee Lauder
Pleasures, also by EL
Ysatis by Givenchy
360 by Perry Ellis
Nautica by David Chu
Oscar by Oscar de la Renta
Volupte, also by Oscar
Sweet Honesty - Avon (one of the first fragrances I ever wore)
Body by Victoria - Victoria's Secret
White Cherry Blossom by Bath and Body Works
Extravagance D'Amarige by Givenchy

That's just the perfume. If we get into the body sprays, then I also have White Tea and Ginger, Cucumber Melon, Cool Citrus Basil, and White Citrus, all by Bath and Body Works.

Not all of these were purchased by me. Some were gifts, and some are half finished bottles that came to me after my grandmother passed. We favored many of the same types of fragrances. On the days where I'm really feeling her loss, I'll spritz on one of hers. It's one of the ways I carry her around with me.

Me too, Minxy! I was wearing Laila.

I don't know how to do the picture hosting thing, but when I went to look at my perfume tray, this is what was on it:

Laila (new)
Cool Water by Davidoff
White Shoulders by Evyan
Lauren by Ralph Lauren
Red by Giorgio
Red Door by Elizabeth Arden
L'Air Du Temps by Nina Ricci
Beautiful by Estee Lauder
Beyond Paradise by Estee Lauder
Pleasures, also by EL
Ysatis by Givenchy
360 by Perry Ellis
Nautica by David Chu
Oscar by Oscar de la Renta
Volupte, also by Oscar
Sweet Honesty - Avon (one of the first fragrances I ever wore)
Body by Victoria - Victoria's Secret
White Cherry Blossom by Bath and Body Works
Extravagance D'Amarige by Givenchy

That's just the perfume. If we get into the body sprays, then I also have White Tea and Ginger, Cucumber Melon, Cool Citrus Basil, and White Citrus, all by Bath and Body Works.

Not all of these were purchased by me. Some were gifts, and some are half finished bottles that came to me after my grandmother passed. We favored many of the same types of fragrances. On the days where I'm really feeling her loss, I'll spritz on one of hers. It's one of the ways I carry her around with me.

My mother wore L'Air Du Temps by Nina Ricci. It was the only fragrance she ever wore, and I have a bottle that was hers. It is probably no good anymore. She's been gone 17 years. I think it's beautiful that you wear her scents to remember her.

I love Estée Lauder on other people, but I cannot wear it. It smells awful on me. I need vanilla and musk notes or they just don't work. My two favorites are no longer on the market, and I'm hoarding the last bits I have of them. Hugo Boss Red is my all time fave, followed by Apple Bottom by Nelly. I can still find them online, but a lot of times they are price prohibitive.

Oh we didn't get into the body sprays, bath gels, lotions and scented body butter. Those are in a different cabinet. And I love bath and body works too but my sinuses want to die if I'm in there for more than 10 min.

We also drink champagne, eat brunch, blow bubbles, and have pillow fights.

A celebration of love, redemption, strawberry chapstick, and rollerskates.

Not to be missed. ;)

tumblr_na0bpkTrMJ1s84g17o1_500.jpg

Last edited:
*looking in the closet for my rollerskates*

Why, oh why, did I decide to host a dinner party tonight at 6, for 10 people, when I'm working until 4:30?

And WTF am I doing on here, when I should be working, cooking or cleaning something?

Cleveland, Oh Hi Oh, you did not disappoint.

In fact, you exceeded expectations.

Well done.

*waving* Hi E, you're only one state over.

*raises airport pint towards the East*

Hey Minxy!

Funny, you sprang to mind this morning when I saw "Erie PA" on the big green board, above the I-90.

*waves, almost spilling Guinness*

WTF, man! Tell a person!! Grrr....

I don't live near Cleveland, but halfway wouldn't a been horrible. Lunch? :mad:

Oops, my bad. I will keep this on mind for my next visit.

Halfway would not have been horrible at all, but it would be very remiss of me to not inform you that Mrs. E would have issue should we go all the way. ;)

Lunch will be lovely.

As would Mr. J. I was talking about 1/2 way between my Ohio locale and Cleveland, as you know. :rolleyes:

Yes.... I know. :D

I just thought of something, sitting here in the airport in Toronto...
I'm catching a flight West that, after a brief touchdown other side of the Rockies (and where I should be disembarking), will be continuing on to Sydney.

I could have breakfasted and had Mimosas with Minxy (Hey NOW!) this morning, during which we could have leisurely blown bubbles on her deck, then I could have lunched with you, bringing along the bubble-wand that Minxy graciously sent me on my way with - a sort of Mimosa Momento - and we too could have sent laughter-fuelled bubbles into the blue, Ohio sky.

Then, bubble-wand tucked safely into my breast pocket, I could have feigned sleep on the next flight, then chased the sun across the Pacific to eat Marmite sammies with Rainshine.

In like twenty four hours I would've watched three of the founding members of the Lit Lesbro Sisterhood blow kisses across from me, their smooches captured in wee soapy orbs that swirled pink and blue in the sunlight, before quietly bursting, gentle as a kiss, upon my cheek.

Time to switch from whiskey to beer methinks...

Last edited:
Em, make sure you pencil all of us in for next time. Plus you will be getting your invite to the brunch/sleepover party.

The dinner party went off quite well, despite on huge hiccup. I made a spice cake recipe that I had never made before for the party. (Terrible idea, but I do it all the time.) As I was making it, I just knew it was wrong--something was missing from the recipe. I KNOW better but I soldiered along anyway. It was too dry, and wouldn't come out of the pans. Just a disaster. I would have taken pictures but I was swearing too hard to hold a camera. So we went with plan B--and made it into a trifle. It was tasty, and the home made maple caramel sauce, and sauteed apples were truly fantastic. They ate the whole thing.

oMHlkDc.jpg

I love Estée Lauder on other people, but I cannot wear it. It smells awful on me. I need vanilla and musk notes or they just don't work.

Beautiful was my signature perfume all through my late 20's to mid 30's. But I absolutely couldn't tolerate it while I was pregnant. Something about my chemistry changed just enough that it nauseated me. That's when I discovered Cool Water.

With few exceptions, I need some sort of citrus/woodsy scent for a perfume to smell good on me.

Em, make sure you pencil all of us in for next time. Plus you will be getting your invite to the brunch/sleepover party.

The dinner party went off quite well, despite on huge hiccup. I made a spice cake recipe that I had never made before for the party. (Terrible idea, but I do it all the time.) As I was making it, I just knew it was wrong--something was missing from the recipe. I KNOW better but I soldiered along anyway. It was too dry, and wouldn't come out of the pans. Just a disaster. I would have taken pictures but I was swearing too hard to hold a camera. So we went with plan B--and made it into a trifle. It was tasty, and the home made maple caramel sauce, and sauteed apples were truly fantastic. They ate the whole thing.

oMHlkDc.jpg

Slick solution to a tricky situation. Looks delicious. Don't think baking is my thing, now I can cook, I do all the cooking in my house. Any rate loving plan B!

I crack myself up sometimes. I just sent myself into a coughing jag. Objectively, it wasn't that funny.

Back