The Isolated Blurt BDSM Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just three days into the school year and I already have a puking child.

Oh, joy.

Oh, I'm sure they will. It's just a matter of everyone else will get it. If I'm lucky we'll be able to keep it to everyone getting it once, instead of it making the rounds constantly.

And D is feeling a bit better. He's keeping his mint tea down, and ate some lunch and it's staying down, too. Thanks. *hugs*
This was one of the big advantages of the old-timey neighborhoods and neighborhood schools. The kids from each school were pretty much around one another all through the summer, so they didn't pick up "new" bugs they hadn't been exposed to during the break. When I was teaching, we had a standard expectation that attendance would drop after 3-5 days of school, and pick back up within 7-10 days, just from kids being exposed to germs they hadn't had a chance to develop any immunity to over the summer.

This was one of the big advantages of the old-timey neighborhoods and neighborhood schools. The kids from each school were pretty much around one another all through the summer, so they didn't pick up "new" bugs they hadn't been exposed to during the break. When I was teaching, we had a standard expectation that attendance would drop after 3-5 days of school, and pick back up within 7-10 days, just from kids being exposed to germs they hadn't had a chance to develop any immunity to over the summer.

Yep, pretty much. I doubt D is the only one out - they certainly weren't too surprised when I called.

That's an interesting observation. I've thought a lot about the advantages of traditional neighborhoods, but never that one.

And I had it a couple of weeks ago, too, guys. Yuck. My stomach goes out to you, Gracie. :(

Can't do hights either. Unless you want me to curse you out all the way up and freeze once I get to the top so you have to call the fire dept to get me down. But I don't think that will get your gutters clean.

Hmmm...it might. Do you have to freeze? Can't you flail, terrified and with great vigor, in a way that would knock stuff out?

I like DGE's new avatar ;)

DGE's new avatar...HA HA HA HA HA HA! :D

Oh wait, this isn't the laugh thread. *blushes*

Thank you, from my pineapple in Deepgreenie Bottom. :)

That's an interesting observation. I've thought a lot about the advantages of traditional neighborhoods, but never that one.

And I had it a couple of weeks ago, too, guys. Yuck. My stomach goes out to you, Gracie. :(

Thanks. Now the big girls are complaining of sore throats, and one has a cough.

We have a BDSM get together with international presenters here in New Zealand every second year. It's in Christchurch (simply because they're the ones who got off their chuffs and organised it.) And Christchurch at the moment is the centre of a natural disaster, with most of the inner city wiped out due to massive earthquakes over the last week.

This was going to be my first one to attend... bugger. I'll still attend, but it's looking like it will be postponed to next year now.

No wonder I can't lose weight and I'm depressed and blah blah blag. I'm massively hypothyroid. Had more blood drawn right away for further tests. I'm not anywhere near diabetic though, which is what we thought it was. Check this out though: I'm to eat whole eggs instead of just whites despite my borderline cholesterol. And even odder...Im to start drinking whole milk. I've had skim my whole life. Weird.

No wonder I can't lose weight and I'm depressed and blah blah blag. I'm massively hypothyroid. Had more blood drawn right away for further tests. I'm not anywhere near diabetic though, which is what we thought it was. Check this out though: I'm to eat whole eggs instead of just whites despite my borderline cholesterol. And even odder...Im to start drinking whole milk. I've had skim my whole life. Weird.

Holy cow. *hugs*

Well, at least they found out what was wrong, and can start helping you take care of it.

Holy cow. *hugs*

Well, at least they found out what was wrong, and can start helping you take care of it.

Yeah...I am pretty astonished! Apparently there are other issues that might need to be looked at, but she says fixing my thyroid might take care of them anyway, so we are just going to focus on that first, and see what changes.

I'm still shocked by the whole milk thing.

*hugs back!*

Yeah...I am pretty astonished! Apparently there are other issues that might need to be looked at, but she says fixing my thyroid might take care of them anyway, so we are just going to focus on that first, and see what changes.

*hugs back!*

I was friendly with this girl in high school. She was captain of the water polo team, ate really well, and was FAT. They figured out her thyroid was shot, and you could literally watch her lose weight. It was like it was dripping off her, she was losing weight overnight. It was kinda cool to watch, actually.

*deep breath* I'm going to take band again. I haven't played in almost 15 years, so I'll probably suck, but it'll be fun.

I hope.

*hugs back!*

I'm hypothyroid, have been for 27 years. Once you get it regulated it's nothing at all.

Weird about the milk. I don't drink cow milk at all.

The point of him stopping before he got here was to get the stuff that has to go on the bottom in the car. Now we'll have to unpack everything in the parking lot and repack it before heading for the hotel. It's going to be a loooooonnnng weekend.

What instrument? I was clarinet, (I know)... and jazz guitar.

Clarinet. I played for ten years, then after graduation I didn't have anywhere to play, and clarinet is not really the kind of instrument you can play by yourself. Then my sister got old enough to play an instrument, and my mom couldn't afford one for her and I let her use it.

I was friendly with this girl in high school. She was captain of the water polo team, ate really well, and was FAT. They figured out her thyroid was shot, and you could literally watch her lose weight. It was like it was dripping off her, she was losing weight overnight. It was kinda cool to watch, actually.
Wow! I don't think it will be quite like that for me, but I wouldn't mind if I lost some weight
I'm hypothyroid, have been for 27 years. Once you get it regulated it's nothing at all.

Weird about the milk. I don't drink cow milk at all.

My doctor said to do grass fed milk. Says grains are really really bad for you. She's also very anti soy which is unfortunate because I have been a vegetarian for 17 years and I love all things soy.

I really need to figure out how to deal with my sexual frustration, because I have wildly inappropriate fantasies that I really don't enjoy having.

is it bad that I'm looking at my cousin's pics on facebook, and she has uploaded some photos from our grandfather's birthday, and that I wouldn't actually know which one he was if she hadn't captioned them?

Wow! I don't think it will be quite like that for me, but I wouldn't mind if I lost some weight

Once you get on meds, I'm sure you'll see some weight loss. Low thyroid really messes with you.

My doctor said to do grass fed milk. Says grains are really really bad for you. She's also very anti soy which is unfortunate because I have been a vegetarian for 17 years and I love all things soy.

I don't eat a lot of soy but I use low fat soy milk when I eat cereal, which isn't very often. I've done a ton of "food research" because of my endomitriosis, which is supposedly linked to food allergies. I don't think grains are bad for you, per se. The problem seems to be that we N.Americans just eat so damn much of them, especially wheat, (same with cow dairy). I went off all grains for awhile, when I was "fixing" my system, but now I eat whole grains, stuff like spelt, instead of wheat and everything is tickety boo.

ETA: But do avoid grapefruit when you're on the thyroid meds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back