OOC Pern

Pern thread?

  • Yes, I love the series

    Votes: 5 55.6%
  • I have no idea what you are talking about, but sounds interesting

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • No thanks

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Yes, but only because I love you

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    9
  • Poll closed .

intriguess

sexual catalyst
Joined
Sep 3, 2000
Posts
11,683
pern is not some bizarre sexual acronym, at least not that I know of, I'm thinking more along the lines of Anne McCaffrey's Dragonriders of Pern series.

Is anyone interested in this setting?
 
I tried reading her books, but I have the unfortunate mindset of being extremely picky about what I read. I barely got through a first chapter and I was like "Nuh uh." Even Dragonlance lost me halfway through the third book. Harry Potter is one of the few book series that can hold my attention.
 
It has been a very long time, but I have read at least two of the books. The main character was a bit of an outsider at her 'school. ' I remember fire rain and how it hurt her feet. I think I read it sometime around 1980, so it is hard to remember much of the story.
 
What's the setting going to be? After the Long Interval central to the Dragonriders trilogy or during Moreta's time or some point unshown in the novels so far?

Would we be in a Weyr, Hold, or Hall?

I'm interested, but be aware that my schedule usually means posting once a day at best. It's more common for me to read the thread in the afternoon/evening, think about it at work, post the next morning or afternoon and continue from there...but, real life being real life, after all, sometimes that plan gets disrupted.
 
i read them at least ten years ago (trying not to admit my age) but it would probably be in a calm stretch as I'm not going for the tragic thread stuff.

I do love the pre quels where the dragons are still being genetically engineered

time and setting would depend on writers involved

was considering the being bonded to dragons and how it enhances sexuality, but probably go for the lizards rather than dragons for simplicity
 
I could be interested, might have to do a quick re-read of one or more books, but that could be fun. If played right, could have interaction of hold, weyr and hall anyway. As long as I get to play with someone as our lizards or dragons are playing I'm game :).
 
Also read the whole series long ago would need a re-read to write in the thread.
 
This sounds like an interesting idea. I'd love to play and just a thought, if you started it at a point not determined by the books then no one would really have to re-read the series and we could just spin off the basics.
 
okay so let me spell out what i have in mind

we could go the dragon route but think it would be a little more complex than i'd care to spin off of

was thinking more along lines of everyday people who have the dragonlings (think that is what they are called or fire lizards or something) and have them be involved in the halls...which the ones i recall are music/craft/dolphin, where you ply a trade

or the holds, which is more along lines of a feudal estate where you work in the landowners household for room and board

any other thoughts?
 
I can't remember what they're called either. I remember the story about the musician who found like seven or eight of them that bonded to her, and everyone thought that the little dragons no longer existed.

I would love to be a musician. But dragons are like M&M's. Watch out for the green ones!
 
Back
Top