Give up everything

girlsmiley

catastrophe
For the one you love?

Has anyone ever done this for you? Moved, given up a good job, the money, the lifestyle?

I am seriously thinking about moving bush. I've lived there before. I know how hard it is. But she's lovely. It's not that far out of town.

She loves it there. She's comfortable there. It's our real home. Shall I buy us a home there and move and live happily ever after?

I have not been in this position but I can't help but notice this sentence in your post: It is our real home. Is it?

For the one you love?

Has anyone ever done this for you? Moved, given up a good job, the money, the lifestyle?

I am seriously thinking about moving bush. I've lived there before. I know how hard it is. But she's lovely. It's not that far out of town.

She loves it there. She's comfortable there. It's our real home. Shall I buy us a home there and move and live happily ever after?

No bush jokes yet?:D

Maybe you can transition into it somehow. Take a leave of absence from your job and rent for a bit, and see how it works out?

You need to be doing this for yourself as well as the one you love.

My theory is this: What we demand today goes away other times. It applies to people, too. We live too long.

For the one you love?

Yes, I did. It was the one of the worst mistakes of my life but it doesn't mean it'll be bad for you. I wish you luck and much love.:rose:

I've done it twice. First time didn't work out as well as I'd hoped, but I also got my son out of it.

Second time was the scariest and I gave up the most, but I gained the most.

He just did the same for me, also scary and painful, worked out the best.

For the one you love?

BG moved from near you to about ten miles from me.

It would depend on a number of things for me but if you'd like to move here. Come on ova!

;)

If you're a city girl be careful moving to where the hillbillies live.

Takes a while to get used to it and some never do and forget about getting any good take out.

For the one you love?

BG moved from near you to about ten miles from me.

It would depend on a number of things for me but if you'd like to move here. Come on ova!

;)

If you're a city girl be careful moving to where the hillbillies live.

Takes a while to get used to it and some never do and forget about getting any good take out.

This too.

The hardest part wasn't all of the above, but not being accessible to family.

Well, I got rid of much of my stuff, changed time zones, and went rural to city, for the sake of the relationship. I was able to transfer my job, but it was a bad career move that eventually didn't end well.

Fortunately, after living in a nearby apartment for 6 months, Cheyenne and I were married and lived happily ever after.

So be aware that there are risks as well as rewards, and good luck whatever you decide to do. :rose:

For the one you love?

I did and don't regret it one bit.
I moved from a wonderful coastal town in Australia to America and would do it again.

For the one you love?

That depends on what you mean by "everything." Quitting your job and moving away from friends and family is a serious decision. Unless you have the resources to leave anytime you please, you need to be very certain of your future with this person. The last time someone asked me this question, it turned out bad and it's still bad.

No, I would not.
I would compromise..... keep my job and a small flat in the city, and commute for the weekends.
Never again will I give up what I have for another person.

I have twice....Both times a career and town and then province...
Looking back....I regret it immensely. Mostly because I'm positive the sacrifice doesn't go both ways.

Thanks a lot everyone.

It's a lot to take in.

I really love it here in Sydney. I'm not geographically close to my family, but that's ok. We have a pretty good relationship and I always visit them when I can.

I found myself standing at the kitchen sink last night. Moving my hands along and gripping the bench. Thinking. About what it would be like to walk away from everything I have here. And it's tough.

On one hand I have my job and my money. Money I will never make living out there. The lifestyle. My friends. My daughter loves it here, too. She has friends and she goes to a good school. One of the best schools in the state.

But on the other... My partner doesn't like the city life. She's shy. Older than me, but never really got into the social scene. It's not her thing. She likes the quiet. She likes time with me.

I'm picturing myself becoming pregnant and tending to the garden. Animals and cuddles and a lot of hard work. Which will all contribute to shortening our lives considerably I'm sure lol.

But the love. She LOVES me. Loyal, down to earth, honest. Mack in the sack. Big heart. Beautiful. Hard working. Smart.

Being with her makes me happy. I feel calm. Loved. Cherished.

It's so tough. I want both.

I'd go with the love. Doesn't mean you should, but I would.

At the end of your shortened lifetime, would you rather think "Boy, I wish I'd made more money..."

Than be rich and a little older and think "What if I'd had more time for love?"

Daughter's rough though. But I also think she should see that life has choices and they are made to the best of our ability.

I also feel like it's almost like retirement, and I'm not ready for that. I'm in my early 30s. I have another 25 years of working left in me at least.

I know deep down I've always wanted what she's suggesting. That she and I will last forever. I love the quiet. The green grass. I love her. Wide open spaces. The beach. But I also want to be able to work just down the road, and talk to my friends of a night without driving 10 kilometres. I want to be happy and comfortable and not have to worry about things that might make me sad. I want security and I want to be able to plan things.

Go with love. Sigh. If only it were that simple.

I also feel like it's almost like retirement, and I'm not ready for that. I'm in my early 30s. I have another 25 years of working left in me at least.

I know deep down I've always wanted what she's suggesting. That she and I will last forever. I love the quiet. The green grass. I love her. Wide open spaces. The beach. But I also want to be able to work just down the road, and talk to my friends of a night without driving 10 kilometres. I want to be happy and comfortable and not have to worry about things that might make me sad. I want security and I want to be able to plan things.

Simple things can be the hardest to do.

It sounds like you're trying to convince yourself that's what you want. When it's clearly not. You love this girl, but you obviously don't love the idea of living in the bush.

Wait. So how far out are you talking? 10 kilometers isn't that far for driving to work. School, pulling your daughter out, her limitations on activities may be smaller but not impossible. The beach!

It sounds like you're trying to convince yourself that's what you want. When it's clearly not. You love this girl, but you obviously don't love the idea of living in the bush.

That's not what I'm reading at all. She's asking for thoughts and opinions that she may not be seeing because she hasn't experienced the other side.

I agree. When I want something badly enough, the practical things tend to fade into the quiet background.

Which is why I'm currently stuck in Minnesota.

Wait...it just occurred to me.

How bush?

Like...no internet connection bush?

Look, love is one thing, but come on. I can't be expected to accept that.

What about MY needs?

Back