The Isolated Blurt BDSM Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some where in the midst of the madness I call my schedule, I need to carve out time to update my resume.

I have some really good stuff to add, like "some college" and "dean's list" and some how put in that "projects chosen for future use as examples of exceptional work"

I haven't figure out how to make the old stuff sound better, adding new isn't looking fruitful either. In December I hit my 6 month mark that I'm required to stay because of the tuition reimbursement. By January I have to decide if I want to put in another 6 months. :rolleyes:

I know I've mentioned this before but I think it bears repeating.

After my dad left us and my mom was working two shit jobs and trying to go to school she developed a sort of mantra, "I can do anything for X amount of time."

I can do anything (read: this terrible class) for one term.
I can do amything (read: this shit job) for six months.

It helped her a lot and she, my sister and I still use it for strength and encouragement over ten years later.

In the process of reinstalling Vista64 after wiping down my hard drive because it had been generating boot-up errors too frequently lately. Now, on the third installation since buying this computer a few years ago, Vista refuses to recognize the hard drive drivers from the drive manufacturer. Got some new drivers from the manufacturer but Vista still won't recognize them. Now waiting for the next round of tech help (all by email). This is not a task for the impatient so I should probably go lock up my sledge hammer somewhere.

In the process of reinstalling Vista64 after wiping down my hard drive because it had been generating boot-up errors too frequently lately. Now, on the third installation since buying this computer a few years ago, Vista refuses to recognize the hard drive drivers from the drive manufacturer. Got some new drivers from the manufacturer but Vista still won't recognize them. Now waiting for the next round of tech help (all by email). This is not a task for the impatient so I should probably go lock up my sledge hammer somewhere.

Get Win7.

Problem solved. (hopefully)

LOL, I'll have to remember that! :D

Here it's common knowledge that if someone smiles a lot and/or talks to strangers without calling them cunt or something, they have mental health issues. *nods*

This guy ticked both boxes and I fell right into his trap!

Heh, I was just thinking that you should know that anyone who isn't geriatric or a toddler and still talks to strangers in our part of the world, should be started to death.:D
I hope you can save your feelings for the shoes though.

I should stop drinking...really... It makes me WAY too horny and that can't be appropriately remedied in a house with 2 family members in neighboring bedrooms xD

One way to do something like "make the old stuff sound better" is to reduce the amount of real estate that you devote to the older work record. Instead of providing lots of details, just list the jobs and dates, maybe even combining a few positions:

2001-2004 - Retail Gofer with varying responsibilities - Macy's
2005 - 2006 - Rising Star - McDonald's
2007 - Line Manager responsible for....Achieved or exceeded all goals and bonus qualifiers for 11 straight quarters...managed to avoid being fired on 47 occasions when The Universe demanded that I call my boss a douchebag to his face but I resisted...

It's important to tell the truth in your resume, but even the most hard-line recruiter knows that your most recent experience is most likely the experience that matters the most in showing your capabilities.

The problem is that aside from three temp (under 6 months) jobs, McD's is the only significant experience that I have.

I have aquired awesome skills from there: Inventory tracking, supply ordering, hiring, training, budget keeping, facility maintenance, guest relations/customer service/recovery, minor accounting including maintaining a P&L sheet, team building, managing others. . .

But the second a potential employer sees that I learned these skills from McD they dismiss them as only applying to the fast food world. :rolleyes:

I'm hoping that, once I figure out how to put it in there, they will see "Organizational Leadership/Psychology Major" from a proper university and think "OH! That's where she learned xyz!" and I'll get a some what more regulated job with some what more reasonable hours.

Of course I'm still banking on eventually being a couple's/sex therapist. :D

I know I've mentioned this before but I think it bears repeating.

After my dad left us and my mom was working two shit jobs and trying to go to school she developed a sort of mantra, "I can do anything for X amount of time."

I can do anything (read: this terrible class) for one term.
I can do amything (read: this shit job) for six months.

It helped her a lot and she, my sister and I still use it for strength and encouragement over ten years later.

It's more a question, "do I want to stay with McD another 6 months and claim tuition reimbursement?" or don't I. I'm not far enough in my schooling to be a potential to anyone in the fields that I'm studying, but I'm not sure that this shit is worth the 5k a year in reimbursement.

I have to stay with McD until I have something else lined up. I don't have to claim tuition reimbursement and lock myself in for 6 months (or pay the 5k back).

Oh. My. God.

There's actually such a thing as gymnastics for old people.

Why, oh why, do I have to be a fatass with a busted shoulder?

Context: I was a gymnast when I was little. I never competed, though.

That's my drop-dead solution but it's unattractively more expensive than making the current OS do its job.
Vista should give every one their money back. It's the limpest willy that ever wibbled.
Win7 can be bought at a pretty decent discount now-- 60 bucks...

Last edited:
Vista should give every one their money back. It's the limpest willy that ever wibbled.
Win7 can be bought at a pretty decent discount now-- 60 bucks...

Hmmm...best price I've seen is 99 for the OEM version and 229 for the retail home edition. Where doth one find this magical 60 dollar version?

My first attempt at Korean food yesterday was not exactly a success. At least we got great photos of me posing with a charred lump of what was previously pork shoulder.:rolleyes:

So in one of my classes last week we watched a documentary on some religious ritual where people pierce themselves as tribute, and it was showing the piercings. They were not that bad of piercings, just back piercings, some lip, a few chest, but some of the girls in my class were green and covering their eyes.

And I was sitting there thinking, "Yeah, I bet they're (the people being pierced) having one hell of an endorphin high." I might have slightly outed myself by my slight smile while I was watching this.

So in one of my classes last week we watched a documentary on some religious ritual where people pierce themselves as tribute, and it was showing the piercings. They were not that bad of piercings, just back piercings, some lip, a few chest, but some of the girls in my class were green and covering their eyes.

And I was sitting there thinking, "Yeah, I bet they're (the people being pierced) having one hell of an endorphin high." I might have slightly outed myself by my slight smile while I was watching this.

I love the look of piercings but can't watch them being done. I also can't look at hook pulls. Something about the skin being stretched, pulled, and pierced through. And the people who hang from hooks... no, just... no

Ugh. Cold weather is here. It's currently 45F (7C) outside. IT'S TOO SOON FOR IT TO BE THIS DAMNED COLD AT NIGHT!!!! And according to the weather, it's going to be in the 60s (15-20C) in daytime and in the 40s (4-9C) at night for the foreseeable future...with the fucking humidity at a bazillion so that the damp gets in your bones and freezes you to death.

What the actual fuck, Alabama?

God, it's gonna be a long, cold winter. Any Aussies or Kiwis wanna take me in for the next six months? :p

Besides going 'so what's the deal with you and this guy' is there a gentle way to inquire about a person's open relationship? Give me ideas plz.

Ah, the more things change...

Yes, I have to ask the same question again but let me elaborate this time. The girl in question, I've known for at least three years (though she says longer) and even though we met at a munch, we've never really discussed kink. Not long ago, some time last week, a conversation took a brief detour that way in that she said she was interested in talking about it with me, things like what I'm actually into. I'm trying my best to not dwell on it, but she's poly and extremely attractive, and I'd rather like to make something of it.

So, I ask again: Is there a gentle way to inquire about a person's relationship status that isn't sledgehammer blunt?

Ah, the more things change...

Yes, I have to ask the same question again but let me elaborate this time. The girl in question, I've known for at least three years (though she says longer) and even though we met at a munch, we've never really discussed kink. Not long ago, some time last week, a conversation took a brief detour that way in that she said she was interested in talking about it with me, things like what I'm actually into. I'm trying my best to not dwell on it, but she's poly and extremely attractive, and I'd rather like to make something of it.

So, I ask again: Is there a gentle way to inquire about a person's relationship status that isn't sledgehammer blunt?
"I'd love to play with you. How do you guys arrange these things?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back