The AH Coffee Shop and Reading Room

Status
Not open for further replies.
But is it supposed to flow Uphill?

There is a place in New Mexico, or maybe Nevada, where water flows up hill. It's an optical illusion but...

Have a nice cuppa tea.

That trip to town wore me out. Actually, unloading the groceries out of the truck is what wore me out. :eek:

yay! the proprietor is in! can I please have a weak-assed coffee that is mostly flavored creamer & a sugar free sweetener?

One watered down coffee with a tablespoon of creamer and a bag of splenda coming up. ;)

You're a peach, but with the right chemicals...what body? :D

Why would yah leave evidence? That's just careless.

My, uh, second degree is in geology. Chemistry was a long time ago in a land far, far away. ;)

Coffee or tea?

I'm thinking about Hot chocolate.

My, uh, second degree is in geology. Chemistry was a long time ago in a land far, far away. ;)

Coffee or tea?

I'm thinking about Hot chocolate.

It's been 151, coke, and lime, so unless that's what you're serving at this hour, I guess I better think about winding down for the night.

...maybe some tea. I'll serve myself, and I'll make sure the kettle is fresh when I leave, thanks.

Last edited:
:/ always been more of a merlot girl, myself...if we're only talking reds that is.

Otherwise, I would enjoy a riesling or a gewürztraminer.

Shiraz for me. I love Australian shiraz. Bordeaux is nice but there is so much good wine. I love sweet dessert wines too - Hungarian tokay is wonderful.

Shiraz for me. I love Australian shiraz. Bordeaux is nice but there is so much good wine. I love sweet dessert wines too - Hungarian tokay is wonderful.

I tried making jelly out of a shiraz for Christmas this year. Very strong flavor. I think it will go nicely with brie.

:/ always been more of a merlot girl, myself...if we're only talking reds that is.

Otherwise, I would enjoy a riesling or a gewürztraminer.

I also prefer the German wines, especially gewürztraminer.
With so much wine-making going on in the world, the French seem, at last, to think that their wines may not be quite as good as they like to think.

With so much wine-making going on in the world, the French seem, at last, to think that their wines may not be quite as good as they like to think.

Uhh. Gewurztraminer? I tried a couple in New Zealand that were great. We visited a few vineyards there. Wonderful. And a day going as round the Barossa valley outside Adelaide. And yes. So many. Chile. Argentina. South Africa. Australia. New Zealand. They all produce such great wines.

Merlot? The best merlot I remenber is one from south africa. Thelema I think it was called and it was a cab sav Merlot blend.

Last edited:

New York State has some very nice wineries too. California is probably the best known state in the US for wine making but I think there are wineries popping up all over.

New York State has some very nice wineries too. California is probably the best known state in the US for wine making but I think there are wineries popping up all over.

They are, but I still think Californian white wines are a bit insipid compared t o New Zealand chardonnay and sauvignon blanc. Californian reds? A lot of them are way overpriced. Oregon has some good ones now too.

New York around the Great Lakes does have some nice wineries, but so far, I'm in love with some of the wineries that I've found in New Hampshire. There is one in particular in southern New Hampshire that has the best semi-dry riesling that I have tasted outside of Germany.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back