49 States to Bail Out Illinois, Can California be Far Behind?

It is not surprising to me that people of varied opinions on any given issue believe they are "right."

What does surprise me is how hard people will fight over issues that they clearly don't know anything at all about. They've clearly read nothing on the subject so it can't be something that particularly interests them, else they would be better read.

I wondered quite a bit about Adrina because she does come across a little too familiar for a newbie. But what it is is she's just one of those joiners. She really quickly realizes which table has the cool kids at it and then apes whatever it is they think is important.

Lol...Really?

They could just take the bazillion dollars in upper crust tax cuts for the wealthy out of the HEALTH CARE BILL... that'd pay for a lot.:rolleyes:

Yea that's what I thought. :cool:

:cattail:

It is not surprising to me that people of varied opinions on any given issue believe they are "right."

What does surprise me is how hard people will fight over issues that they clearly don't know anything at all about. They've clearly read nothing on the subject so it can't be something that particularly interests them, else they would be better read.

I wondered quite a bit about Adrina because she does come across a little too familiar for a newbie. But what it is is she's just one of those joiners. She really quickly realizes which table has the cool kids at it and then apes whatever it is they think is important.

Oh FFS. So you've finally realized I'm not an alt. This week. So now I'm a "joiner"... hahaha... oh goodie. Yes I joined a forum and I can see who is an idiot. Very clearly.

:rose:

Lol...Really?

They could just take the bazillion dollars in upper crust tax cuts for the wealthy out of the HEALTH CARE BILL... that'd pay for a lot.:rolleyes:

Are you just a left-wing blog talking point bot? That had literally nothing to do with what I posted. I'm not even sure how that would dovetail into this thread.

:cattail:

Oh FFS. So you've finally realized I'm not an alt. This week. So now I'm a "joiner"... hahaha... oh goodie. Yes I joined a forum and I can see who is an idiot. Very clearly.

When have I ever suggested you were an alt other than to joke you were one of my (purported) alts?

My comment was simply about how quickly you found your way around the lunchroom and became the most prolific, loudest voice in the lunchroom. In a month and a half.

Your comment about being able to recognize an idiot is encouraging. Perhaps you are the exception to the dunning-kruger effect. Points for self awareness.

Last edited:
And when someone makes a straw man to do just that, its no surprise when it turns out to be you.

Several of you need to learn that memorizing the names of various (potential) falacies from the quick reference guide will earn you some points on the rhetorical argument class pop quiz, but earns you zero debate points when actually engaged in rhetorical argument.

The reason they were trying to teach you that was so that you will avoid such fallacies in your arguments and be able to identify those fallacies in others' arguments in order to defeat the argument.

Not so you can scream like Barney Fife "That's a fallacy, that's a fallacy!!!! That's a fallacy!!!"

When you recognize a fallacy you should be able to easily defeat it. Identifying the fallacy does not advance your argument.

Are you just a left-wing blog talking point bot? That had literally nothing to do with what I posted. I'm not even sure how that would dovetail into this thread.

No, I'm not... and that was in reference to the OP. Pay attention. It's unfortunate that gutting healthcare and giving massive tax breaks is a left wing talking point.

Do you guys really not give a fuck?

giphy.gif

When have I ever suggested you were an alt other than to joke you were one of my (purported) alts?

My comment was simply about how quickly you found your way around the lunchroom and became the most prolific, loudest voice in the lunchroom. In a month and a half.

As Conager you accused me of being someone else. KO? Hell if I remember.

The thing is you spend too much of your time fiddling around with alts and made up personalities. Your perspective is very skewed.

The loudest, most prolific voice in the lunchroom? A gift for hyperbole much? This is what I mean - too much fiction. I am but one of many. No one has to tell me what to think or say. Heh, trust me on that one. My own loudmouthed opinionated self needs no help from anyone in forming an opinion - not that I won't seek one out now and then. But that's another discussion.

You have apparently given me a lot of thought. I'll make it very easy for you. I'm WYSIWYG. Pretty damn direct. Sometimes it's just that simple.

Exactemento.

No, I'm not... and that was in reference to the OP. Pay attention. It's unfortunate that gutting healthcare and giving massive tax breaks is a left wing talking point.

Yes especially since you guys had a GOLDEN opportunity to shove UHC down (R)'s throats and your boy Obama sold you out. ;)

you guys really not give a fuck?

Of course I do, that's why I make money and pay for my shit.

It's called being an adult.

OHHHHHHH you mean not give a fuck about paying for people who don't?

No....not at all.

Several of you need to learn that memorizing the names of various (potential) falacies from the quick reference guide will earn you some points on the rhetorical argument class pop quiz, but earns you zero debate points when actually engaged in rhetorical argument.

The reason they were trying to teach you that was so that you will avoid such fallacies in your arguments and be able to identify those fallacies in others' arguments in order to defeat the argument.

Not so you can scream like Barney Fife "That's a fallacy, that's a fallacy!!!! That's a fallacy!!!"

When you recognize a fallacy you should be able to easily defeat it. Identifying the fallacy does not advance your argument.

It much more fun to just make fun of you. But I understand you need to get your word quota met.

It much more fun to just make fun of you. But I understand you need to get your word quota met.

Thanks for your indulgent understanding and providing the foil for yet another post.

Yes especially since you guys had a GOLDEN opportunity to shove UHC down (R)'s throats and your boy Obama sold you out. ;)

Of course I do, that's why I make money and pay for my shit.

It's called being an adult.

OHHHHHHH you mean not give a fuck about paying for people who don't?

No....not at all.

Of course there was no GOLDEN opportunity.. Were you not paying attention the entire 8 years he was being obstructed? IMO, He blew it by trying to play nice in the beginning with the GOP. His naivety was the his biggest downfall, IMO. But thats the past.. there is healthcare and people are not dying because they have access to it. I don't care how much money you make, if you have pre-existing conditions which if half your stories are true, YOU HAVE.. then you'll be on the outside looking in on healthcare and then people like ME will have to pay for YOU. 'You said you have coverage other than the VA, which I pay for... and I find it rather hard to believe...

ACA is no where near perfect, we need single payer...but it is the better option of having to utilize the emergency room for treatment.

I certainly need no tips on adulting from you.. :rolleyes:

Of course there was no GOLDEN opportunity.. Were you not paying attention the entire 8 years he was being obstructed?

Of course there was, were you not paying attention when (D)'s passed ACA with (R)'s kicking and screaming the whole way?

They could have shoved anything they wanted down the GOP's throat....but they sold out and you cheered with all the other (D) fans.

I don't care how much money you make, if you have pre-existing conditions which if half your stories are true, YOU HAVE.. then you'll be on the outside looking in on healthcare and then people like ME will have to pay for YOU.

Why would I be on the outside looking in?

You won't pay for it.....besides the public garbage you provide is well.....garbage.

You said you have coverage other than the VA, which I pay for... and I find it rather hard to believe...

And I don't use because garbage.

Why is that so hard to believe?

ACA is no where near perfect, we need single payer...but it is the better option of having to utilize the emergency room for treatment.

That's like saying a used 89' carolla with a million miles is better than walking, at ANY PRICE!!!

Even if it's a rancid heap that you only get to use for 3 min a day and cost you a TRILLION bucks it's an improvement!!

No.... getting ripped off is not better than just not doing bidniz.

I'd rather just go down to the Lexus dealership and get a brand new decent car for 50 grand. I voted for Obama because I thought he would send it back to congress and tell them to quit fucking the USA so hard. But he was a sell out just like most pols.

But keep telling yourself that trillion dollar shit heap is worth defending.

Apparently one can only make note of a single entity when discussing politics.:rolleyes:

There comes a point when refusal to accept the facts in play becomes tedious. If there hadn't been a single court case where voter restrictions and gerrymandering hadn't been found to be illegal or unconstitutional it would be different. However there have been. And in spades. Just like they will continue to be as they wind their way through the system.

But please, carry on. Ive come to expect nothing less.

You're full of shit, Bitch.

You're an embarrassment.

I hope you're not a part of any political organization trying to advance the progressive agenda.

This exchange alone is one of the reasons why I keep coming back...

lol!

Seriously? You need to tell the DNC so they can go right to court and eliminate all those "gerrymandered" districts, since that argument prevails so routinely. According to you.

Your haughty tone and dissmissive snark wouldn't look nearly as silly if you stuck to subjects that you at least know basic seventh grade civics about, rather than just your left wing Facebook-memes-depth knowledge.

Slap dat bitch!

Go ahead Ike! Do it again and this time PUT SOME STANK ON IT!!!

:D :D :D

"B-b-b-but.... democrats!"

It was directly responsive to your query of yesterday. Don't worry just keeps spluttering and I'm sure that Pookie will be along shortly to tell you how smart you are.

That is absolutely hilarious. I thought you pulled something from the archives.

Do you think that the editors of the Atlantic read lit? I like the Atlantic a lot even though I often disagree with their point of view
They are certainly not the least bit conservative. It's like they read adrina's post and just had to say, "Yeah...that's not how it works at all. Stop. You're embarrasing Progressives."

Que so stoopid...

Just for a recent example, Allen West got to uppity for the tastes of Florida Democrats so they divided him right out of his district.

Democrats divided Allen West out of his district?

In 2012, when Republicans controlled the redistricting process, they chose to shrink West's Republican base in order to flip four other "toss up" districts to become "solid Republican".

#HeTriesSoooHard
#SmartestGuyOnTheGeneralBoard

Back