BOOOO!! It's the Literotica Halloween Story Contest!!

Well, I think what Laurel is saying is that it has to be a little more than just two people dressing up and then getting naked and fucking.

And the difference between this fuck between a witch and a mortal and those that end up in the Non-Human section, is that this story should take place on Halloween.

If I understand this correctly.:cattail:
 
Lovepotion69 said:
It also states that "Story must have a Halloween theme. Please don't just submit a normal story and simply dress the participants in costume."

Eh, pardon me but where does the line for a "normal" story and a Halloween one go if I'm not sticking to talking about mysticism or pumpkins? :confused:

I think the line lies in the author's mind.

If you're submitting a story for a halloween contest, simply changing the title of an old story to It Happened One Halloween isn't really in the spirit of the contest -- to write a story with a halloween theme.

However, I don't think you need to get all mystical and occult with astory either. A story about a very mundane halloween ball that resulted in sex with a stranger would be just as "halloween themed" as any other possibility -- as long as the holiday is an integral part of the setting or storyline.

A simple test to distinguish between "a normal story with costumes" and a "Halloween story": Do a search and replace to change Halloween to Valentine's Day. If your story still makes sense, then it's NOT a halloween story, it's a "Normal Story with costumes."

I think there is some expectation on the part of the readers that halloween stories should be a bit on the weird or scary side of things. All Hallow's Eve is after all the night when the barrier between our world and others is thinnest and ghosts and goblins can cross over. A little magic is only to be expected.

Whether to meet those reader's expectations is up each author -- you don't have to include ghosts and ghoulies if you don't want to. I can't really imagine a story without some mystical element winning the contest though.
 
Hi all!

Tonight at midnight EST is the deadline for submitting your story to the Halloween Contest. I posted this on another thread, but I wanted to post it here as well.

So long as your story was submitted via your author profile before midnight EST, it will make it into the contest.

That is, as long as you submit your story through the scripts by midnight EST tonight - EVEN IF IT ISN'T POSTED YET - it will make it into the contest.

It's the "submitted" date that counts, not the posted date.

We will make every effort to have all the Halloween contest stories that are within the date range approved asap. The voting will continue on for another week or so, so stories submitted even as late as today will have plenty of time to compete. :)

Good luck, everyone!
halloweensml.gif
 
Not listed

I posted a story, Halloween Hypnosis, to the contest. I thought. It isn't on the contest page. Is there a delay factor?
 
Boo-boo on my part. It's been fixed, masterhypnotist. :)

If any of you submit a Halloween Story, the story is approved and listed on the New page, but it does not show up on the Halloween page within 24 hours, PM me and let me know.
 
See, I started this big debate about a month ago, and I still didn't finish the story in time.
*shrugs*
Motivation has abandoned me...
 
Mine is still pending....I always wait til the last minute.:rolleyes:
 
So long as you submitted it before the deadline, it will be counted toward the contest. :)
 
Laurel said:
So long as you submitted it before the deadline, it will be counted toward the contest. :)

I thought I did....I submitted it at 1140 pm est in 10/22:confused:
 
Kitte said:
I thought I did....I submitted it at 1140 pm est in 10/22:confused:

I'm pretty sure I submitted mine on time. It said 10:55 CST on my clock when I did it, so maybe I was a few minutes late. :(
 
I'm curious...

I'm curious how the votes are tallies and how you figure out who won?

Is it the NUMBER of votes? seems odd that it would be that to me since so many people dont vote.

Or is it the number rating that is your average on the storry?

How does it work?

Just curious.

Nikki
 
Re: I'm curious...

sachiaiko said:
I'm curious how the votes are tallies and how you figure out who won?

Is it the NUMBER of votes? seems odd that it would be that to me since so many people dont vote.

Or is it the number rating that is your average on the storry?

How does it work?

Just curious.

Nikki


Laurel said:
All rules for the monthly contests are in place. The only exception to the rules is that we will allow authors who have won in our monthly contests within the last 6 months to win in this special contest. However, if you have won a prize in another theme contest within the last 6 months, you are not eligible to win in this one.

The following guidelines also apply:

- All contest stories must be submitted via our online form. If you are a WebTV user or have difficulty with the form, follow the instructions here.

- Author must put the phrase "HALLOWEEN STORY CONTEST 2002" in the "Notes" field of the submission.

- Story must have a Halloween theme. Please don't just submit a normal story and simply dress the participants in costume. That would not be in the spirit of the contest, and readers & voters would probably punish you for your trickiness. ;)


Any story that meets the above criteria will be automatically entered into the contest, and winners will be decided by reader input. The prizes for the top 3 stories will be the same as those award in the monthly contests.

Good luck, and have fun! ;)
 
Just wondering, don't stories that are posted first have a distinct advantage over those posted nearer the deadline? Stories posted early have more days for people to read and vote. Or do you have some equalizing measure in place?

I'm only asking because I'm a competitive chick, and if I'm going to enter a theme contest in the future, I want to know what legal advantages are available. ;)
 
Whispersecret said:
Just wondering, don't stories that are posted first have a distinct advantage over those posted nearer the deadline? Stories posted early have more days for people to read and vote. Or do you have some equalizing measure in place?

I'm only asking because I'm a competitive chick, and if I'm going to enter a theme contest in the future, I want to know what legal advantages are available. ;)

Other than the requirement, "Stories must receive at least 50 votes to be eligible," the time advantage of the quick entries is likely to be offset by the incerased thought and craftsmanship of later entries. Stories that barely meet the deadline may have trouble gaining the required fifty votes.

Just my personal feeling, but the stories submitted in the middle of a contest have the best chance of winning because they're more likely to be better stories, and they still have time to accumulate the required number of votes.

There is also the dreaded "one vote" to consider -- early stories have more time to collect low votes and they hve more time to recover from low votes.
 
Heads up!

It seems that the Halloween page is link-dead for all the stories!

A friend of mine was trying to read my entry and informed me that Literotica was giving him the "OOPS!" Page. He then tried with a bunch of the others and they all got it too, not just mine.

So i checked, and its happening for me to. Whatever the reason, i wanted to give you guys and heads up and let you know that people arent able to access the stories from teh Contest Page.

Thanks a bunch.

Nikki
 
I agree with sachiaiko. I been getting that oops message a lot. I have stories that I want to read again and find myself with an oops message instead of the story I wanted to be reading.

:(

I hope it will be fixed so all the Halloween stories can be read by all before Halloween is really over.

:rose:
 
50 votes???? I have stories that have been up for months that don't have 50 votes! Of course my new gang bang has that kind of voting after three days, but that's the multi category and then the incest category has that too. Oh well, guess I'm out of the running. But I loved my story and that's all that matters, right?
 
I'm with you there DN. My stories aren't the "mainstream erotica" story type (whatever that means). I've had one story here for over a year and I haven't even reached the 40 vote plateau on that one. ALthough I'm pretty new to this. I guess it all comes with experience...
 
deliciously_naughty said:
50 votes???? I have stories that have been up for months that don't have 50 votes! Of course my new gang bang has that kind of voting after three days, but that's the multi category and then the incest category has that too. Oh well, guess I'm out of the running. But I loved my story and that's all that matters, right?

Contest stories tend to accumulate more votes than your non-contest stories bcause there are more prople who red them with an intent to vote on them.
 
I have stories that have been read by more than 50.000 people (kinda amazing, when I come to think about it...), but I've never had more than 25-30 votes for any story.

I think that if you have a contest, then people are more liekly to read/vote for their old favorite writers, who have been here for years, rather than thge new, fresh ones that you know nothing about.

Until we've worked our way in, we're practically chanceless.:(
 
Newbies, Chanceless? Naw...

I have to disagree with you there, hon. I'm brand new here, and i did very well in the contest, i was insanely surprised. The first story i ever posted was the one for the contest. Maybe i just got lucky ::shrugs:: I dont know.

Nik
 
Okay, call it sour grapes, or call me a poor loser, but I didn't enjoy the top 3 winners in the contest. The winning story may have been good, but I couldn't get past page one. Jeff and Tracy picking out a costume bored me to tears.

The runner up has an unbelievable virgin turned nympho. Sorry, I couldn't buy Sara's character at all. The Catholic thing was a bit overdone aka Rosemary's baby- but I actually liked that part.

And the third place also de-flowered a virgin. The description was non-erotic.

I remained totally limp reading all 3 stories. And I never have any trouble getting hard first thing in the morning. I know you may argue that was not the intent of the story, but why else would I being reading a story here?

Of the 3 stories -the first runner up -I would say was the best.
 
Back
Top