Handling an awkward situation

Try to get a grip on reality!!!!!

The OP is bogus - in fact Harold, I even believed for a while you wrote it yourself (perhaps still do) so you could grandstand.

All this thread needs is some creepy bullshit music like those kids use under those youtube nonsense ufo vids while spouting "You have to believe, you have to believe".

You know, perhaps you are right. Perhaps we should turn everybody into a victim so we can all sit around and feel sorry for ourselves. (That's sarcasm in case you don't get it!) Try to get a grip on reality!!!!! She is a parent, and what her son does is her responsibility. Unless you are one of these liberals that let other people raise their children. In that case, you're just a loser. :mad:

Harold -

Sometimes I read your responses and I'm saying : ok, that makes sense, I can understand where you're coming from.

A lot of times I say : Why are you trying so hard to prove everyone else is an idiot and you're the only sane, smart person around? What is the pervasive need to insult people you don't even know, and make rash, inane, and degrading suppositions about them?

Your specific comment here provides no value to anyone, let alone the topic of this thread, other than to let you have some sort of self masturbatory power trip/self validating private catharsis.

Please do understand where I'm coming from. You start out on a fair and valid comment, but then you double and triple down like a cartoon politician spouting one liner propaganda and factless, baseless idiocy.

It makes me sad.

Last edited:
Harold -

Sometimes I read your responses and I'm saying : ok, that makes sense, I can understand where you're coming from.

A lot of times I say : Why are you trying so hard to prove everyone else is an idiot and you're the only sane, smart person around? What is the pervasive need to insult people you don't even know, and make rash, inane, and degrading suppositions about them?

Your specific comment here provides no value to anyone, let alone the topic of this thread, other than to let you have some sort of self masturbatory power trip/self validating private catharsis.

Please do understand where I'm coming from. You start out on a fair and valid comment, but then you double and triple down like a cartoon politician spouting one liner propaganda and factless, baseless idiocy.

It makes me sad.

What is really sad is the hate and intolerance people have displayed on this thread. Under the posting rules of Lit, I have every right to post my opinions, no matter what those opinions may be. The owners of this web site has made it clear that freedom of speech rules here; yet, there is no shortage of posters who would deny that right to anyone whose opinion is not in lock-step with their own.

Bailadora, (a long time poster), even though she gets frustrated at times with opinions that don't agree with her own, she has the class and dignity to accept that other people have the right to post their opinion, no matter how offensive or inane they may appear.

It has even been suggested that I wrote the original post in this thread. I didn't write the original post, and by all appearances, Amy is a real woman with a son who has caused a serious breach in her parent/child relationship, and she has simply asked the advice of other posters. It is possible that Amy didn't like my advice, but she also has the class and dignity simply ignore that advice.

The anger and in tolerance displayed here is beyond sad. We live in a world where drivers murder other drivers through road-rage. A simple mistake in traffic can spark so much anger as to commit murder. Whole families are sometimes wiped out through murder/suicide. What kind of anger and frustration does it take for one family member to murder their entire family. And we have police who gun down unarmed suspects when there are other options available to control the situation. Not to mention political/religious groups like ISIS who behead people and burn people alive. What kind of anger and intolerance does it take to pour gasoline on someone and set them alight?

When we read these news stories, we believe we are not like those people, and even though we sometimes get frustrated, we truly believe we would never really harm anyone, but we all have the same capacity for violence. Anger and intolerance is an infection, and like any infection, when left unchecked, it grows and spreads. Some of the people on Lit need to take a step back and ask themselves, "What is making me feel so angry and intolerant?"

It isn't me making you and others frustrated and angry, nor is it what I write. What I write is just words on a computer screen and not worth anyone's frustration. Not necessarily you personally SuferJake, but what is it in your lives that makes you so angry and frustrated? And ask yourself, where does the anger, frustration and intolerance stop? When you put a bullet in your head because you can't take it anymore? Or when you pour gasoline on someone and set them alight? Never happen? We all have the same capacity for violence!

Yes, there are some people who need to get a grip on reality, and what's posted on this web site isn't reality!

Does these angry post upset me? Writing is more than just a passing fancy for me, and if you want to trade witticisms, I can trade insults with the best of them. In fact, I can ruin your whole day, and apparently have for some of these posters. Upset me? When I close my browser tonight, all that has been posted here becomes yesterdays news. And no, I don't carry the anger around with me. Life is just too short.

Outside of the advice given to Amy, Fire_Breeze is one of the few who has made an intelligent post on this thread: "Not bloody worth it". And she is right, the frustration just isn't bloody worth it!

Unless you are one of these liberals that let other people raise their children. In that case, you're just a loser. :mad:

What is really sad is the hate and intolerance people have displayed on this thread...

The anger and in tolerance displayed here is beyond sad.

Anger and intolerance is an infection...

Some of the people on Lit need to take a step back and ask themselves, "What is making me feel so angry and intolerant?"

The only person who has used the word anger is actually you, 7 times in one post and 5 mentions of intolerance.

so one more time
Unless you are one of these liberals that let other people raise their children. In that case, you're just a loser. :mad:

I'll let you win though - "Harold, you win"

Now that saves you a page of typing anger and intolerance over and over again.

I have to say that I resent the idea that you have to have done anything to make someone think you are sexy, especially when this someone is a hormone-infused teenager.

I agree with the person who said that the important thing here is that this young man understands what he did wrong - breaking someones trust, invading someones privacy and illegally recording things.

Having thoughts and fantasies is not the same as acting upon them and the fact that they are taboo doesn't have to be a problem in itself.
If it worries him though or causes him distress, it might be interesting for him to look into what made him have fantasies about his mother.
I don't think it is as easy as "mom's hot and all the other boys think so too".
He might want help with his feelings towards his parents (and I think the feelings towards his father might be just as interesting actually), but it might just as well be about difficulties with relating to girls his age or women in general.

Dude - You do have the right to post your opinions. But what you seemed to miss is that you aren't posting opinions. You state an opinion and then throw a bunch of insults around. And you also, as demonstrated with this last response, make tenuous deductions and connections that really have no basis in reality, and make no sense in the context of the topic.

"hate and intolerance people have displayed on this thread." Really? You get hate and intolerance from my response to you?

The only opinion you expressed was "She is a parent, and what her son does is her responsibility." Totally a valid opinion and comment.

Everything that surrounded you making that point, however, was based in backhanded, flippant, superfluous and, well, juvenile posturing. And now the sudden jump to global murder, political ISIS conflicts, and other current news topics.. what point are you trying to make, exactly?

That people's responses to you are based in some fantasy world they live in, where they think they are right and true, but are really just angry repressed monsters a second away from pulling a gun out of the glove box and shooting someone down because they cut them on the highway off a la The Offsprings' "Bad Habit"?

Or are you trying to prove to people that you have some level of education, listen to the news, and aren't ignorant?

Or do you just get off on thinking you can best anyone with the turn of a phrase, which you may seem to think is a 'witty' witticism, but is just some pedestrian "loser" comment akin to giving someone the middle finger when flabbergasted and left speechless otherwise?

I didn't really post to start a whole battle of wits, or tit for tat or anything else. I think I'm saying now what I said in my prior post - you may not realize it, but your self perception of how you express your opinion is totally off.

That you went from there to discussing the deteriorating condition of society today due to the lack of the sense of community and shared empathy.. (at least I think that's where you were going with it).. total disconnect. I have no idea what point you were trying to make.

And then, after all your posturing and grandstanding, you have to fluff up your feathers a bit more - how writing is more than just a passing fancy for you (again - not seeing this one, given the lack of continuity in your arguments), and then going even further with the "I'll ruin your day."

It's that last bit that explains my reason for writing "it makes me sad." Because at the end of the day, it seems that is the ONLY reason you write anything, post anything, or interact with anyone. To ruin their day and make yourself feel good about it.

I never said I was angry and frustrated... just that your posts make me sad. I am a little now, even as I write this, shaking my head, hoping you'll step back for a moment and absorb what I'm saying before responding, maybe try to shift your perspective a little bit to see why people may perceive you differently than you perceive yourself.

What is really sad is the hate and intolerance people have displayed on this thread. Under the posting rules of Lit, I have every right to post my opinions, no matter what those opinions may be. The owners of this web site has made it clear that freedom of speech rules here; yet, there is no shortage of posters who would deny that right to anyone whose opinion is not in lock-step with their own.

Bailadora, (a long time poster), even though she gets frustrated at times with opinions that don't agree with her own, she has the class and dignity to accept that other people have the right to post their opinion, no matter how offensive or inane they may appear.

It has even been suggested that I wrote the original post in this thread. I didn't write the original post, and by all appearances, Amy is a real woman with a son who has caused a serious breach in her parent/child relationship, and she has simply asked the advice of other posters. It is possible that Amy didn't like my advice, but she also has the class and dignity simply ignore that advice.

The anger and in tolerance displayed here is beyond sad. We live in a world where drivers murder other drivers through road-rage. A simple mistake in traffic can spark so much anger as to commit murder. Whole families are sometimes wiped out through murder/suicide. What kind of anger and frustration does it take for one family member to murder their entire family. And we have police who gun down unarmed suspects when there are other options available to control the situation. Not to mention political/religious groups like ISIS who behead people and burn people alive. What kind of anger and intolerance does it take to pour gasoline on someone and set them alight?

When we read these news stories, we believe we are not like those people, and even though we sometimes get frustrated, we truly believe we would never really harm anyone, but we all have the same capacity for violence. Anger and intolerance is an infection, and like any infection, when left unchecked, it grows and spreads. Some of the people on Lit need to take a step back and ask themselves, "What is making me feel so angry and intolerant?"

It isn't me making you and others frustrated and angry, nor is it what I write. What I write is just words on a computer screen and not worth anyone's frustration. Not necessarily you personally SuferJake, but what is it in your lives that makes you so angry and frustrated? And ask yourself, where does the anger, frustration and intolerance stop? When you put a bullet in your head because you can't take it anymore? Or when you pour gasoline on someone and set them alight? Never happen? We all have the same capacity for violence!

Yes, there are some people who need to get a grip on reality, and what's posted on this web site isn't reality!

Does these angry post upset me? Writing is more than just a passing fancy for me, and if you want to trade witticisms, I can trade insults with the best of them. In fact, I can ruin your whole day, and apparently have for some of these posters. Upset me? When I close my browser tonight, all that has been posted here becomes yesterdays news. And no, I don't carry the anger around with me. Life is just too short.

Outside of the advice given to Amy, Fire_Breeze is one of the few who has made an intelligent post on this thread: "Not bloody worth it". And she is right, the frustration just isn't bloody worth it!

You seem to be confusing "right to free speech" with "right not to be criticised for the dumbass things you say". The same site rules that give you the freedom to say what you've been saying in this thread also give us the freedom to call you a victim-blaming arsehole.

Back