Coming Together : An Erotic Cocktail

Coming Together: For the Cure will be mentioned next week on SheKnows Daily Dish (video)...

http://www.sheknows.com

:)

I've been informed that this will take place on THURSDAY's broadcast next week. :cool:



On another note, I signed up the Coming Together blog to participate in Blog Action Day on October 15th. The topic is poverty. I'm looking for a couple hundred words on the topic from as many of the Coming Together authors as I can snag. Linkage back to your site/blog.

email to me at alessia [at] eroticanthology [dot] com

:cattail:
 
I've been informed that this will take place on THURSDAY's broadcast next week. :cool:



On another note, I signed up the Coming Together blog to participate in Blog Action Day on October 15th. The topic is poverty. I'm looking for a couple hundred words on the topic from as many of the Coming Together authors as I can snag. Linkage back to your site/blog.

email to me at alessia [at] eroticanthology [dot] com

:cattail:

I'll see what I can do, love!
 
Designs for the Cafe Press shop are welcomed. Bumperstickers are exceptionally simple, and we can't have too many. Every individual bumpersticker sale earns $0.20 that can be used toward promo expenses.

I started out trying to add a new design every day... then every week... and now I'm struggling to find the time to create more.

If you have a favorite saying or quote, why not put it on a design to share? I'd be happy to upload it to the shop. It doesn't have to be erotic. Almost all of our sales (to date) have been via Cafe Press' main store, with an Obamanos! bumpersticker alone covering the cost of the shop for the year in just two months of selling. (That thanks to it showing up on a "best of" page.) So, have at it! Express yourself.

The Cafe Press image templates can be downloaded from:

http://www.cafepress.com/cp/info/sell/index.aspx?area=images&page=help_templates

Send completed designs to cafepress [at] eroticanthology [dot] com

Thanks, y'all

:)
 
Neat Oh!

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
COMING TOGETHER launches line of single-title ebooks


PITTSBURGH, PA – August 30, 2009 – In keeping with its altruistic focus, COMING TOGETHER, unveiled today plans to publish individual ebook titles to benefit Kiva. The line, entitled Coming Together: Neat, will be edited by Will Belegon and feature novella-length erotic romance and erotica.

"We like to keep submissions under ten thousand words for the anthologies so we can include more stories," notes founder & managing editor Alessia Brio, "but I've encountered quite a few authors who've said they'd like to contribute longer work. Well, now's their chance!"

Known primarily for its diverse short story collections, Coming Together bills itself as the erotic cocktail. The new line's title plays on that theme, with Neat referring to an undiluted intoxicant. Authors are encouraged to query using an automated form via Neat's web page at eroticanthology.com/neat.htm

As with all Coming Together publications, 100% of the royalties are donated to charity. The choice of Kiva as Neat's beneficiary was driven by the desire to maximize the impact of each release while allowing authors the opportunity to be involved in the process. Kiva engages in micro-lending, where small amounts can achieve a disproportionate yield. Authors will be encouraged to choose who receives their book's earnings in the form of a Kiva loan. When that loan is repaid, the author will have the opportunity to choose another recipient.

"The decision to explore micro-lending is exciting," says editor Will Belegon. "These types of loans have considerable potential, especially in our planet's most impoverished areas. A couple hundred dollars is negligible in the United States, but that same amount has a much greater reach in less economically powerful nations."

Belegon, a member of Coming Together's Board of Directors, has been involved since its inception. In addition to fiction and poetry, he assisted in the publication of Coming Together: Under Fire. With wildfires again raging in Southern California, the announcement of the new line also serves as a reminder that Under Fire is still available, and the charities it serves are again in need.

"Will was the obvious choice to manage this line," Brio says. "He is the best continuity editor I've ever encountered. No historical inaccuracy, weapon misuse, or sports faux pas is going to get past him. Plus, he has a great rapport with his authors."

COMING TOGETHER is a registered, voluntary nonprofit association governed by a board of directors. It was launched in June 2005 to provide a venue for rising talent while simultaneously raising money for worthwhile causes. To date, it has published 13 volumes of erotic fiction & poetry featuring the work of over 165 authors, poets, and illustrators.

CONTACT:
Will Belegon, Neat editor
Alessia Brio, founder & managing editor
neat [at] eroticanthology.com​

###​

http://***************/fileview?id=0B3MKidA3bKe5ODJkNjI2ZmEtNTMxNy00ZWZlLWJjOGQtM2YwZWNkYjlhODhk&hl=en
 
8) FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
COMING TOGETHER launches elite line of single-author collections


PITTSBURGH, PA – September 3, 2009 – To complement its recently-unveiled novella ebook line, COMING TOGETHER today announced Coming Together Presents, a line of full-length works to be released in both print and ebook. Each title in this line will benefit a charity chosen by its author. The line will be edited by renowned erotica author Lisabet Sarai.

"I was absolutely thrilled when Lisabet agreed to tackle this project!" said Coming Together's Alessia Brio. "She's in charge of who & what gets published and will set her own pace. I have total confidence in her ability to select quality work & polish it to its highest shine."

Sarai, whose credentials as both a writer and an editor are impressive, is no stranger to Coming Together. Her exceptional stories are featured in several volumes.

With the trademark erotic cocktail anthologies accepting material under ten thousand words and Coming Together: Neat publishing novellas between ten and fifty thousand words, the latest addition means the ground-breaking organization's erotic altruism now covers work of any length. The organization has always prided itself on the diversity of its fiction and hopes its recent expansions will diversify its audience by capturing the attention of readers who follow particular authors.

For the time being, publication under Coming Together Presents is by invitation only, but Brio hopes to institute a query process like that used for its new ebook line. Presents will launch with three titles by three stellar wordsmiths: M. Christian, C. Sanchez-Garcia, and Remittance Girl. Their collections will benefit Planned Parenthood, RAINN, and the ACLU, respectively.

Brio is thrilled with the charities selected. "They're wonderful additions to Coming Together's diverse family of causes without being duplicative. And the authors? I couldn't ask for a better starting lineup!"

About her contribution, Remittance Girl said, "These stories were written in the shadows, in a place where the rights of the individual and freedom of speech have no protection under the law. I have admired the 'Coming Together' collections for a very long time. It gives me great pleasure to know that the proceeds of this collection will go to support the ACLU, an organization defending those very rights with such dedication."

"I'm extremely pleased to be with the great and talented folks at Coming Together -- and to have an opportunity to support Planned Parenthood," adds Christian. "As Margaret Sanger, Planned Parenthood's founder, said: 'No woman can call herself free who does not own and control her body. No woman can call herself free until she can choose consciously whether she will or will not be a mother.'"

When asked why he selected RAINN, the Rape Abuse & Incest National Network, Sanchez-Garcia replied, "Because I've always believed Woman is the ultimate fountain of pleasure for Man and the worst sin against God and nature you can do is abuse her."

COMING TOGETHER is a registered, voluntary nonprofit association governed by a board of directors. It was launched in June 2005 to provide a venue for rising talent while simultaneously raising money for worthwhile causes. To date, it has published 13 volumes of erotic fiction & poetry featuring the work of over 165 authors, poets, and illustrators.

CONTACT:
Alessia Brio, founder & managing editor
presents [at] eroticanthology.com

###​

http://***************/fileview?id=0B3MKidA3bKe5N2RlNjc4MGMtYjc1NS00NGNjLWI1MTMtMDU1MjgyNGU4MDU4&hl=en
 
Good grief. I'll openly admit that, since I dropped out of regular Litting, I've not kept an eye on Coming Together. It's... kinda got big. Incredible what's come of a silly little conversation on a forum.

Well done Imp.

The Earl
 
A really admirable choice, Imp. Microloans probably do more good for less money and effort (on our parts) than any other program in the world. The only thing comparable is the Heifer Project and that's sort of a micro-loan because you have to give the first offspring of your animal to a neighbor. All the rest are yours to do as you need.
 
*HUGE BUMP*

Hey, y'all. Quick update. Coming Together is now a 501(c)(3) charity. :nana: We're still cranking out the erotica collections (and single titles).

Wanted to invite all the original Lit contributors to pop on over to our new wiki & complete your author profile. If you have material in any of the first 6 publications (v1, v2, v3, Hurricane Relief, Colly's memorial edition, or For Gabrielle), which are all 100% Litizen-filled, then you should find either your Lit ID or your pen name in the list of contributors:

http://coming-together.wikia.com/wiki/CONTRIBUTORS

Just click on your link & create your bio page. Feel free to link to your website, blog, Facebook, Lit profile... whatever you wish.

Thanks much! Best regards to all you pervs. :heart:
 
Back
Top