North Korea still going nuclear

someoneyouknow

Literotica Guru
Joined
Jun 5, 2006
Posts
28,274
North Korea’s nuclear activities have not stopped over the past year and it continues to develop its nuclear program, the UN’s nuclear watchdog said in a new report.

The "continuation and further development" of the program are "cause for grave concern," the International Atomic Energy Agency said in its report, released Monday, which covered developments since August 2017 and found that the North had carried out "clear violations of relevant U.N. Security Council Resolutions."

Without access to major nuclear sites in North Korea, the IAEA said it has relied in part on satellite imagery and open-source information.

The president repeated the claim in an interview with Reuters published Monday, "I stopped [North Korea’s] nuclear testing. I stopped [North Korea’s] missile testing."

In its report this week, the IAEA called North Korea's continued nuclear activity "deeply regrettable" and called on the the country to cooperate and fulfill its obligations under U.N. Security Council resolutions.

Sooo, no Nobel Prize?

https://abcnews.go.com/International/north-korea-stopped-nuclear-activities-watchdog/story?id=57307968
 
North Korean leader Kim Jong Un visited a weapons facility to inspect the test of a “newly-developed high-tech tactical weapon,” North Korean state media reported early Friday in Pyongyang.

The report, which didn’t specify what kind of weapon had been tested or when Kim’s visit took place, comes amid uncertainty about a nearly year-long diplomatic process that began earlier this year aimed at reducing tensions and removing nuclear weapons from the Korean Peninsula.

That Nobel Prize is looking closer every day.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/north-korea-announces-new-secret-tactical-weapon-2018-11-15
 
More missile facility construction and upgrades.

Washington (CNN) New satellite images obtained exclusively by CNN reveal North Korea has significantly expanded a key long-range missile base located in the mountainous interior of the country, offering yet another reminder that diplomatic talks with the US have done little to prevent Kim Jong Un from pursuing his promise to mass produce and deploy the existing types of nuclear warheads in his arsenal.
. . .
While the base at Yeongjeo-dong has long been known to US intelligence agencies and analysts, researchers at the Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey told CNN that the images reveal construction on a new facility just seven miles away from the older site that had not been previously publicly identified.
. . .
The images indicate that North Korea was building an extremely large underground facility in 2017 and that this facility was still under construction as of August 2018.

"Construction on the previously unidentified site has continued even after the Singapore Summit" between Kim and President Donald Trump in June, Jeffrey Lewis of the Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey, one of the analysts that identified the site, told CNN. "Whatever Kim says about his desire for denuclearization, North Korea continues to produce and deploy nuclear armed missiles."

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/05/politics/north-korea-satellite-images-missile-base/index.html
 
Back
Top