Moderation on stories

Joined
Mar 26, 2015
Posts
16
I tried posting a comment on one of my own stories in response to previous comment and I received the following response. This is a first for me.

Comment is submitted to moderation
Thank you for posting a comment! Your comment will appear on Literotica after being reviewed.

The story is https://www.literotica.com/s/the-texoma-deluge

Is this a new policy?

MFH
 
Hi MFH,
For the history of this, see items below 'Solutions sometimes cause problems' and my earlier one on 'Moderation'.

There seems to be no intent on the part of the administrators to do anything about the problem. Solving one problem has caused others, and in particular the Public Feedback Portal is now all but useless.

Lue
 
I tried posting a comment on one of my own stories in response to previous comment and I received the following response. This is a first for me.

Comment is submitted to moderation
Thank you for posting a comment! Your comment will appear on Literotica after being reviewed.

The story is https://www.literotica.com/s/the-texoma-deluge

Is this a new policy?

MFH
Yes, it's new.

It's possibly more a spam-bot checker, introduced a month or so ago in response to an increase in spam garbage in story comments and on the boards.

Other than authors, Laurel is the only other person with the ability to delete any comment if it contravenes her policies - her site, her rules. She's always had this - probably key-word scans done on a regular basis to identify hate speech etc.
 
It's still completely unsatisfactory

I'm posting this comment to bring this topic back to the top of the bulletin board's Tech Support thread. It's a situation that seems to have been ignored by those who should be doing something to fix it.

After all this time, why haven't the administrators found a spam filter to eliminate the problem which led to the current situation where 'moderation' takes anywhere up to half a day before a comment is posted?

The current situation has rendered the Public Feedback Portal all but useless. It shows the most recent fifteen comments. After ten hours or more, commenters have submitted far more than fifteen, so most comments overflow and don't get shown in the Public Feedback Portal.

Literotica is a site on the World Wide Web. Note: World Wide. The World is a 24-hour beastie. So, World-Wide, many of the site's users are awake and posting while the administrators (human moderators) are in bed and sleeping. A story or a comment to a story may warrant a comment in reply. Waiting half a day or more to see that comment posted is unsatisfactory.

It shouldn't be hard to fix the problem. Other sites have built-in filters, why not Literotica? As the current situation exists, something that used to be one of the more valuable and interesting features of the site has become close to useless.

Lue
 
Ps:

I note that my message was posted at 6:18 pm.

I submitted it at 1:18 pm (It's the day before) Australian Eastern Daylight Saving time.

I'm awake and active. The moderator is probably at home getting ready for dinner.

See what I mean?

Lue
 
It shouldn't be hard to fix the problem. Other sites have built-in filters, why not Literotica? As the current situation exists, something that used to be one of the more valuable and interesting features of the site has become close to useless.

Lue

My local football team (average gate 1400) has a soccer suppporters web forum. Some of the most popular words in posts are f***, c*** etc. The site has a filter for all obscene words. It doesn’t stop the whole post it just blanks out the offending word(s). If they can do it then why can’t Lit?
 
Back
Top