The Isolated Blurt BDSM Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's 72 degrees (22C) outside today, in early December. It's glorious.

Some days, I love the South. :cool:

We have a glorious -23C (-10F).

Some days, I almost think I could live in a climate like that in the US South. Then I remember you've also posted the summer temperatures. :eek:

We have a glorious -23C (-10F).

Some days, I almost think I could live in a climate like that in the US South. Then I remember you've also posted the summer temperatures. :eek:

See, I say that about where you live when I hear about the summer temperatures, but I don't think I could handle the winters. You can come visit me during the winter, and I'll come visit you during the summer! ;)

See, I say that about where you live when I hear about the summer temperatures, but I don't think I could handle the winters. You can come visit me during the winter, and I'll come visit you during the summer! ;)

It's a deal! Although last summer, I think we didn't even reach your December temperature most days. ;)

Days 1-2 - have an introvert party but be woken up by every little noise all night.
Days 3-4 - get bored, sleep fine.
Day 5 - OMG Imma DIE waiting...I missed you SOOOO Much!

Days 1-2 - have an introvert party but be woken up by every little noise all night.
Days 3-4 - get bored, sleep fine.
Day 5 - OMG Imma DIE waiting...I missed you SOOOO Much!

This! So much this!
I usually also do things like eat all the foods I love that he doesn't lke. Watch the movies I want to see that I'm sure he wouldn't enjoy. And take a bath; I usually don't take baths, but for when he's gone.

I'm going to be enjoying weather like that in 4 more sleeps. It's going to be 33F here tomorrow. Will be sweet...almost as much as being away from work for a few days.

Ummm... it was around 75 all weekend. I got lazy and turned the AC back on this evening. :eek: The Short Ones and I picnicked outside the new science museum yesterday, and they spent this afternoon playing zombie wars outside in the back yard. In shorts.

Putting up Christmas lights in 60 degree weather, as I did today, is surreal. My fingers weren't frozen afterward. Very weird, that. And tomorrow is supposed to be warmer here.

You can tweet pictures, too, by the way. It's done through a link in the text of the tweet. There are various options for picture hosting, but quite a few of the people I follow use Instagram for this.

Thanks, MWY! I think I'm starting to get the hang of it. Now, just to build up said "followers"...such an obnoxious word, me thinks. :rolleyes:

Putting up Christmas lights in 60 degree weather, as I did today, is surreal. My fingers weren't frozen afterward. Very weird, that. And tomorrow is supposed to be warmer here.

LUCKY!!
40F here today, and gray.
:(

So a few weeks/month-ish ago, someone at the corporate level that I don't like asked if I'd be willing to travel and do some advanced training.

Ummm... duh. :rolleyes:

After the [few] brief conversations we had about what the advanced training needed to involve, [perfectionist me] I decided to simply re-write the damn training manual. :eek: I've been trying to do it on company time, but that's been... challenging. So I finally broke down tonight, poured a glass of wine, pulled out all my personal reference materials and started really hammering the shit out. Part of me is beyond frustrated when I look at how "training" was restructured a few years ago, but I'm enjoying the writing. (Besides, it's just an opportunity to shine, right?)

35 pages down, not counting formatting, images, another 6-8 pages of charts, and the 5 sections I haven't even started writing yet... while working two jobs, a third potential one on the horizon... sigh.

Sometimes I wonder why I'm so tired during the winter. Then I watch this, and it all makes sense again.

Summer, please, come.

Wow, what a cool video. I knew about the daylight changes there but it's hard imagine what it would really be like. Does the light (or lack of light) mess about with a lot of people's circadian rhythms Seela?

Today was our first real summer day, nice and humid. I've felt better today than I have since... last summer!

I feel conflicted though, like I've stolen summer from all you upper-hemisphere folk. I should want to return it, but I'm enjoying it too much! Don't worry, I'm sure the guilt will have consumed me by next March and I'll give it back ;)

Wow, what a cool video. I knew about the daylight changes there but it's hard imagine what it would really be like. Does the light (or lack of light) mess about with a lot of people's circadian rhythms Seela?

Today was our first real summer day, nice and humid. I've felt better today than I have since... last summer!

I feel conflicted though, like I've stolen summer from all you upper-hemisphere folk. I should want to return it, but I'm enjoying it too much! Don't worry, I'm sure the guilt will have consumed me by next March and I'll give it back ;)

No way, you cannot give summer away. It just would not be Christmas if it is not spent at the beach :p

My blurt for the day is what kind of moron would design a cold water filter tap and a boiling hot water tap right next to each other (shaped like a single tap but half does each) so it is really easy to flip up the wrong tap and get boiling water when you want cold and vice versa. Better yet, what moron puts their hand under the tap then turns it on when they know it is an issue. I now have lovely blisters all up the insides of the fingers of my left hand. Worst part is that I am left handed :(

I wonder who will nominate me for clumsy Litser of the year :p

Yes, there are people who really suffer because of the huge changes in light throughout the year. Fortunately I'm not one of those who really, really suffer. I'm just a bit more tired in winter, and in the mornings it's difficult to get up, because it's just still so dark. On cloudy or snow stormy days there's really no difference between morning, afternoon or evening. First it's dim, then it's dark, but there's not much light at any point.

Luckily there are days like today, when the weather is just too beautiful to hate winter. It's pretty cold (-21C / -5F) outside, sure, but it's just so beautiful with the crisp white snow, sunshine and cool clouds, that the coldness feels a lot more tolerable. The ice on the lake is still too fragile for people to walk or ski on, so the snow cover is pristine. It looks so lovely. :)

Here's a shot I snapped in the harbor today when I walked back home from the post office.

Enjoy your summer weather, winter will be there in no time. ;)

No way, you cannot give summer away. It just would not be Christmas if it is not spent at the beach :p

My blurt for the day is what kind of moron would design a cold water filter tap and a boiling hot water tap right next to each other (shaped like a single tap but half does each) so it is really easy to flip up the wrong tap and get boiling water when you want cold and vice versa. Better yet, what moron puts their hand under the tap then turns it on when they know it is an issue. I now have lovely blisters all up the insides of the fingers of my left hand. Worst part is that I am left handed :(

I wonder who will nominate me for clumsy Litser of the year :p

Ow!!! Please be careful and not use that hand for a while, we don't want you getting infected. Sounds like you need a plumber to turn down the hot water at the mains coz it shouldn't be that hot straight from the tap (unless this happened at work. Ignore that if it did).

I don't think you need a nomination for clumsy, you win hands down. ;)

Yes, there are people who really suffer because of the huge changes in light throughout the year. Fortunately I'm not one of those who really, really suffer. I'm just a bit more tired in winter, and in the mornings it's difficult to get up, because it's just still so dark. On cloudy or snow stormy days there's really no difference between morning, afternoon or evening. First it's dim, then it's dark, but there's not much light at any point.

Luckily there are days like today, when the weather is just too beautiful to hate winter. It's pretty cold (-21C / -5F) outside, sure, but it's just so beautiful with the crisp white snow, sunshine and cool clouds, that the coldness feels a lot more tolerable. The ice on the lake is still too fragile for people to walk or ski on, so the snow cover is pristine. It looks so lovely. :)

Here's a shot I snapped in the harbor today when I walked back home from the post office.

Enjoy your summer weather, winter will be there in no time. ;)

That is such a beautiful photo Seela, please take more! Also, can I come to your house for dinner. That mushroom pasta looks so so good! But please tell me that wood hedgehog is just the name of a type of mushroom...

Math final is done.
Now begins the hard part of getting my older credits recognized.

But, at least I'll be able to read what I *want* to read

That is such a beautiful photo Seela, please take more! Also, can I come to your house for dinner. That mushroom pasta looks so so good! But please tell me that wood hedgehog is just the name of a type of mushroom...

It was a pretty day. I did take other photos too, and one of my own damn face looking stupid in front of the lake. Sans make up. And I noticed in the photo I'm wrinkly! Goddamnit! Wrinkles around my eyes like I'm some 80-year-old.

Did you miss my mushroom frenzy posts this fall? :D Yes, wood hedgehogs are these spiky mushrooms. I had never found them on my own before, but this year I found lots and lots and lots. They are so good. And yes, sure, swing by and I'll make you dinner. J only comes home for weekends until Christmas, so I'm doomed to cook only for myself - which means I don't cook much. If you came, then I at least would have a good reason to eat something other than beet roots and carrots in eight million different ways.

I don't think you need a nomination for clumsy, you win hands down. ;)

I thus present you the Snort of the Week Award.

*presents Ropebunny the Snort of the Week Award*

Redundant? My brain's mushy from scrubbing the floor with tooth paste. Don't ask...

It was a pretty day. I did take other photos too, and one of my own damn face looking stupid in front of the lake. Sans make up. And I noticed in the photo I'm wrinkly! Goddamnit! Wrinkles around my eyes like I'm some 80-year-old.

Did you miss my mushroom frenzy posts this fall? :D Yes, wood hedgehogs are these spiky mushrooms. I had never found them on my own before, but this year I found lots and lots and lots. They are so good. And yes, sure, swing by and I'll make you dinner. J only comes home for weekends until Christmas, so I'm doomed to cook only for myself - which means I don't cook much. If you came, then I at least would have a good reason to eat something other than beet roots and carrots in eight million different ways.

I thus present you the Snort of the Week Award.

*presents Ropebunny the Snort of the Week Award*

Redundant? My brain's mushy from scrubbing the floor with tooth paste. Don't ask...

Aw I'm sure the wrinkles aren't too bad. They always look bad on yourself but others don't tend to notice too much. I have three wrinkles already, two on my forehead and one laugh line. Worst 21st birthday present ever.

I must have missed your mushroom bonanza. Damn, I love mushrooms! Might be a while before I make it to dinner but I'll let you know when I'm on the way ;)

And sorry, but I gotta ask about the tooth paste! I spent 2 hours unclogging dried grass from the vacuum today, I wanna hear about someone else's domestic woes. :D

And sorry, but I gotta ask about the tooth paste! I spent 2 hours unclogging dried grass from the vacuum today, I wanna hear about someone else's domestic woes. :D

We're moving in a couple of weeks and because of that I've been going through our stuff. This morning I moved a heavy plastic box with burgundy rubber "feet" in our miniature storage room/gigantic walk-in closet that's been sitting in one place for about 3 years. The lovely burgundy color had seeped into the cheap plastic floor we have there.

Nothing worked, until I thought of using a whitening tooth paste. The floor's still not exactly clean, but not so outrageously horrible as it was. Makes you think what you brush your teeth with, doesn't it?

Oh, and is it your birthday today?!

Happy birthday! :)

We're moving in a couple of weeks and because of that I've been going through our stuff. This morning I moved a heavy plastic box with burgundy rubber "feet" in our miniature storage room/gigantic walk-in closet that's been sitting in one place for about 3 years. The lovely burgundy color had seeped into the cheap plastic floor we have there.

Nothing worked, until I thought of using a whitening tooth paste. The floor's still not exactly clean, but not so outrageously horrible as it was. Makes you think what you brush your teeth with, doesn't it?

Oh, and is it your birthday today?!

Happy birthday! :)

No, not my birthday! That's in March. I noticed my wrinkles around that time this year though and it seemed like the work some evil cosmic forces. Didn't think I'd have to worry about wrinkles till at least 25.

Maybe toothpaste will help? :D

Note to self: You live in a city that is known for it's wind. There is a reason you shouldn't wear skirts to work.

Oh well, at least I was wearing pretty blue underwear when I flashed everyone :(

No, not my birthday! That's in March. I noticed my wrinkles around that time this year though and it seemed like the work some evil cosmic forces. Didn't think I'd have to worry about wrinkles till at least 25.

Maybe toothpaste will help? :D

Oh, I shall then retract the happy birthday wishes. :)

Toothpaste tingles on the more sensitive areas on the body, tingling often means swelling and swelling means less wrinkles. So yeah, give it a go, it might help if lathered generously across your face, too. :)

Note to self: You live in a city that is known for it's wind. There is a reason you shouldn't wear skirts to work.

Oh well, at least I was wearing pretty blue underwear when I flashed everyone :(

Ohh, I think you live in my home town! Yeah, skirts are no good there. Least not ones above the knee, or with pleats as I learnt as a kid. I swear those that set school uniforms are sadists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back