What happened to all of the doom and gloom economic threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank god for that! I shorted everything pre-market this morning.

You very lucky!

I've been avoiding the market and investing in poor man's equity...

Got some nice "real" ruby earrings for Valentine's Day.

Don't worry. I'll get the wife something too!

:D :D :D

You very lucky!

I've been avoiding the market and investing in poor man's equity...

Got some nice "real" ruby earrings for Valentine's Day.

Don't worry. I'll get the wife something too!

:D :D :D

Do they match the ruby shoes that are so popular in Kansas?

I don't care which way the market moves, as long as it moves. I got a 50/50 chance of being right.

Maybe Ultimate_Dumbass meant a 5.7% growth in the jobless rate.

*chuckle*

I think he should put down the blinders and read some history.

"The History of Money"
Jack Weatherford

... it's a pretty easy read if he can't figure out von Humboldt, von Mises, Hayek, or Rand...

Do they match the ruby shoes that are so popular in Kansas?

I don't care which way the market moves, as long as it moves. I got a 50/50 chance of being right.

They're only ruby in the movie 'cause it was made by artists...

In the book, they's silver.

;) ;)

Last edited:
It would have moved up if it wasn't for that phantom 800,000 jobs that somehow got missed.

Can we charge someone in the government with fraud over that? I mean, they misled investors every bit as much as BoA did. Probably even more.

*chuckle*

I think he should put down the blinders and read some history.

"The History of Money"
Jack Weatherford

... it's a pretty easy read if he can't figure out von Humboldt, von Mises, Hayek, or Rand...

Confession of an Economic Hit Man is a much better read.

It would have moved up if it wasn't for that phantom 800,000 jobs that somehow got missed.

Can we charge someone in the government with fraud over that? I mean, they misled investors every bit as much as BoA did. Probably even more.

Beijing is going to punish Washington...

... Moody's ...

Where'd all our gold hoarders run off to?

Lugging those heavy bars up from the basement?

The number of U.S. homes listed for sale rose in January compared to December after 18 consecutive months of decline, according to data released on Thursday by real estate brokerage ZipRealty.

5.7% Growth?
http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=692681

On the bright side, we're about to hit 10,000 on the DOW...

The Dow is still over 10K and despite all of the doom and gloom being bandied about the economy is recovering. Businesses are seeing increased productivity and orders. Nine straight months of increases in the LEI.

Keep hoping against hope for the worst to happen though.

Such Patriotism..

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
The Dow is still over 10K and despite all of the doom and gloom being bandied about the economy is recovering. Businesses are seeing increased productivity and orders. Nine straight months of increases in the LEI.

Keep hoping against hope for the worst to happen though.

Such Patriotism..

:rolleyes:

28 points over this very minute!

Just like when this thread began! ;) ;)

I'm not hoping bad things will happen. They did. I'm hoping Obama will stop the slow suicide, but he's not about to change.

He PROMISED us pain. You don't care because it hasn't reached you yet...
In America, they first came for the very rich and I didn't speak up because I wasn't rich," said the Rev. Imadem Doinggood. "Then they came for the Bourgeoisie and I didn't speak up because I wasn't Bourgeois. Then they came for the Upper Middle Class blue-collar workers. I didn't speak up because I was a Government clerk. Then they came for me and there was no one left to speak up.

28 points over this very minute!

Just like when this thread began! ;) ;)

I'm not hoping bad things will happen. They did. I'm hoping Obama will stop the slow suicide, but he's not about to change.

He PROMISED us pain. You don't care because it hasn't reached you yet...

I find it very funny that you assume to know anything about what has or has not reached me. You've been making assumptions about my station in life for years.. Why stop now I suppose. :rolleyes:

I speak from personal experience in a business that is one of the first to slow, and one of the last to recover from any economic downturn. Recovery is well underway, has been for months.

I can only assume you speak from whatever scare tactics the American Thinker has vomited up this week.

You're aware.. or perhaps your'e not.. that the DOW is not the same as the GDP... right?

I find it very funny that you assume to know anything about what has or has not reached me. You've been making assumptions about my station in life for years.. Why stop now I suppose. :rolleyes:

I speak from personal experience in a business that is one of the first to slow, and one of the last to recover from any economic downturn. Recovery is well underway, has been for months.

I can only assume you speak from whatever scare tactics the American Thinker has vomited up this week.

YOU put it in a thread, or did you forget already?

YOU put it in a thread, or did you forget already?

I can only assume you're talking about my 401k, which has recovered nicely since losing nearly 50% of it's value. Nah.. that can't be.. the economy is in shambles.. Or so you keep telling us.

Still dropping...

Remember we provided you some proof of the CBO being strong-armed to "massage" it's data?

Wonder who else has been "massaging data" ala Glow-Ball Warning in order to keep the truth from us for as long as possible?

After all, the Administration considers a lot of us as a bunch of fucking retards...

(You even talked about pursuing your education while you were telling us how good times were for you. You really don't remember all that?)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back