Pegasus' Wings (Mecha Lounge)

Not me, I don't get how Shyamalan took a cartoon that was filled with humor and made a nearly humorless movie out of it. It has about three jokes in it and that's it. And people thought the SW prequels had wooden acting...

So I say if anyone wants to see the movie, rent the cartoon from Blockbuster instead. :mad:

Not me, I don't get how Shyamalan took a cartoon that was filled with humor and made a nearly humorless movie out of it. It has about three jokes in it and that's it.

So I say if anyone wants to see the movie, rent the cartoon from Blockbuster instead. :mad:

Uh...wrong Avatar.

oh right the CGI Smurf movie from James Cameron....sorry.

*nods* For a made for TV movie, it was good. But if it had had a bigger budget and better actors.

If I recall although people don't like to much, it is canon, so it fits with the UC time line, meaning Side 8 =D
I need to track down the game, I've seen clips youtube and it's weird, I think it was dubbed in English o_O

If I recall although people don't like to much, it is canon, so it fits with the UC time line, meaning Side 8 =D
I need to track down the game, I've seen clips youtube and it's weird, I think it was dubbed in English o_O

I downloaded the whole thing. It was released on DVD at one point here in the US, with dual audio (Japanese and English)

I downloaded the whole thing. It was released on DVD at one point here in the US, with dual audio (Japanese and English)

Your talking about the movie I hope?
Because I thought I would have at least known if the Game had been released in the USA.

Okay, so we were discussing the pros and cons of a Gundam-based giant robot design.

Firstly, in response to the issue about the arms and legs being a potential problem. Keep in mind first and foremost that in space, shape is immaterial. But if you look at most Gundams based on the Vernier System design, they have emitters on the arms, legs, and body, as well as a higher output set for thrust (Wing ZERO's wings contain an entire bank of Vernier thrusters for forward movement.) Now, we don't have such technology, of course. Though the inventor of the idea is long dead now, he never gave us a practical model of such a system, so we'd have to guess at what he meant.

As for the more NGE look, it would be closer to Rah Xephon, unless we added armor. A Gundam is armor plated, remember. So all the pseudomusculature would be under the armor plate, directly on the frame. Considering the removal of hydraulic and pneumatic systems would create a considerably lighter vehicle, that already gives the Gundam an advantage in terms of maneuverability. It would also make the machine sleeker and less...Zaku....

Okay, so we were discussing the pros and cons of a Gundam-based giant robot design.

Firstly, in response to the issue about the arms and legs being a potential problem. Keep in mind first and foremost that in space, shape is immaterial. But if you look at most Gundams based on the Vernier System design, they have emitters on the arms, legs, and body, as well as a higher output set for thrust (Wing ZERO's wings contain an entire bank of Vernier thrusters for forward movement.) Now, we don't have such technology, of course. Though the inventor of the idea is long dead now, he never gave us a practical model of such a system, so we'd have to guess at what he meant.

As for the more NGE look, it would be closer to Rah Xephon, unless we added armor. A Gundam is armor plated, remember. So all the pseudomusculature would be under the armor plate, directly on the frame. Considering the removal of hydraulic and pneumatic systems would create a considerably lighter vehicle, that already gives the Gundam an advantage in terms of maneuverability. It would also make the machine sleeker and less...Zaku....

Yeah the armor plating over the electro-reactive pseudo-musculature (bah scientific gobbledygook) would make sense.

As for the arms and legs, the thing would optimized for being a giant robot that can move in space rather than a machine that is optimized to move in space. I'm still in favor of a fighter that has legs and arms tucked in close to the fueselage until needed.

What if someone was making a giant humanoid robot today with today's technology (no psuedo musculature, no vernier emitters, no beamsabers) How do you suppose it'd do against say an Abrams Main Battle Tank?

Yeah the armor plating over the electro-reactive pseudo-musculature (bah scientific gobbledygook) would make sense.

As for the arms and legs, the thing would optimized for being a giant robot that can move in space rather than a machine that is optimized to move in space. I'm still in favor of a fighter that has legs and arms tucked in close to the fueselage until needed.

What if someone was making a giant humanoid robot today with today's technology (no psuedo musculature, no vernier emitters, no beamsabers) How do you suppose it'd do against say an Abrams Main Battle Tank?

Hmmm...With today's technology, I would imagine it would be slower than an Abrams, but it would probably still cover about the same amount of ground because of the longer stride. As for weaponry....60MM Vulcans...Not sure if they could punch through the armor or not. But the rifle would be something like what...120MM cal? That wouldn't have too much trouble. And a giant sword, beam or not, would do quite a bit of damage. A morning star, perhaps? A mace? A flail.

Hmmm...With today's technology, I would imagine it would be slower than an Abrams, but it would probably still cover about the same amount of ground because of the longer stride. As for weaponry....60MM Vulcans...Not sure if they could punch through the armor or not. But the rifle would be something like what...120MM cal? That wouldn't have too much trouble. And a giant sword, beam or not, would do quite a bit of damage. A morning star, perhaps? A mace? A flail.

60mm vulcans? Is that the gatling gun the A10 warthog is built around? I was thinking I'd make mine designed around it. Afterall that gatling gun was made to cut through tanks' armor with as much contemptuous ease as a Gundam's beamsaber would.

However, I think the battle between them would be dependent on the range it happens at. Close range the robot wins, moderate range would be whoever sees whoever first, and long range with the weapons we've given the robot...My money would be on the Abrams.

60mm vulcans? Is that the gatling gun the A10 warthog is built around? I was thinking I'd make mine designed around it. Afterall that gatling gun was made to cut through tanks' armor with as much contemptuous ease as a Gundam's beamsaber would.

However, I think the battle between them would be dependent on the range it happens at. Close range the robot wins, moderate range would be whoever sees whoever first, and long range with the weapons we've given the robot...My money would be on the Abrams.

Not sure. I know there are some tanks that use them as anti-air batteries. It's a big recoil-less gatling. The ones the original Gundam used were 60MM, meaning they fired 60MM rounds. As far as I know, the Vulcan guns are nothing but really big gatlings that auto-track.

Changing topics a bit.

I think in the future space battles will take place in reality with such a great distance between combatants that you'd never see more than a sensor blip of your enemy.

Changing topics a bit.

I think in the future space battles will take place in reality with such a great distance between combatants that you'd never see more than a sensor blip of your enemy.

I think by the time space battles occur at all, we'll have gone back to throwing sticks and stones :D

favorite gundam (currently)
Dynames from Double O
toy8-08.jpg

favorite Gundam villian (currently)-aka guys whom I most want to punch in the face on a Gundam series
tied between

Ali Al Satchez from Double O
OO05.jpg

and shinn from Gundam Seed Destiny
zgmf-x56s-impulse-gundam-shinn-asuk.jpg

favorite gundam pilot (currently)
Kira Yamato
Kira.jpg

Favorite Gundam romance
Kira and Lacus from Gundam Seed
5Blarge5D5BAnimePaper5Dwallpapers_M.jpg

favorite gundam (currently)
Dynames from Double O
toy8-08.jpg

favorite Gundam villian (currently)-aka guys whom I most want to punch in the face on a Gundam series
tied between

Ali Al Satchez from Double O
OO05.jpg

and shinn from Gundam Seed Destiny
zgmf-x56s-impulse-gundam-shinn-asuk.jpg

favorite gundam pilot (currently)
Kira Yamato
Kira.jpg

Favorite Gundam romance
Kira and Lacus from Gundam Seed
5Blarge5D5BAnimePaper5Dwallpapers_M.jpg

You don't prefer the revelation that Dynames' former pilot is the NEW Ali Al Satchez?

No I haven't heard about that at all?

You mean Neal Delonday?

No I haven't heard about that at all?

You mean Neal Delonday?

the older brother. I don't remember which one it is. The one who piloted the mech in the first season comes back and takes over Ali Al's outfit under his name (with an eye patch or something). That's the only part I really remember about the series.

That would be Neal.

How about you, Razor? Who's your favorite Gundam villian-aka guy you most want to punch in the face on a Gundam show/movie?

That would be Neal.

How about you, Razor? Who's your favorite Gundam villian-aka guy you most want to punch in the face on a Gundam show/movie?

Hmm....That genetic experiment dude from SEED and Destiny, maybe...or the new President of the Colonies. Then again, there's also Iron Mask from F91...bastard tried to kill his own blood.....

good choices.

For me Al Satchez is probably the guy who deserves it most. The fact that he used kids for nothing but money. Oh if anybody deserved a punch in the face, its that guy.

Then the Chairman of the plants guy from Seed Destiny. There was a run of episodes where I was pleading with people "Please punch that guy in the face.". that and Shinn for basically being a tool.

Last edited:
good choices.

For me Al Satchez is probably the guy who deserves it most. The fact that he used kids for nothing but money. Oh if anybody deserved a punch in the face, its that guy.

Then the Chairman of the plants guy from Seed Destiny. There was a run of episodes where I was pleading with people "Please punch that guy in the face.". that and Shinn for basically being a tool.

Shinn wasn't really a bad guy though. He was just being a sheep (and then just wanted to get Kira for having to kill the blonde girl)

Also, I almost forgot to mention that the original Gundam was built around a modular system. It had a slew (did I spell that right?) of optional weapons, including the shield and a multishot bazooka.

Last edited:
Back