Votes: 70 25.1%
  • 6 - 10

Votes: 39 14.0%
  • > 10

Votes: 59 21.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I post when I'm bored, to stretch my creativity in the word games threads, and to be nice to someone who may not be having a great day. And sometimes, I just feel like flirting. No one size fits all reason. :)

I post when I can't help myself. It's usually intended as a funny one liner, but they've been taken poorly at times. That makes it so much funnier to me.

If there's an honest conversation going on that's interesting to me, I'll comment if I can offer something useful.

i'm clever and funny and the world needs to know.

Very true. All of Lit should post stalk elli so that their version of reality might be a better place. *swoons*

So what's your motivation to post?

Sometimes I post because I feel like flirting, other times because I have something to say. It all depends on my mood, the topics, and whether or not I feel I have something to contribute. Often I just lurk around and enjoy what I'm reading.

What she said. :) Fun, meaningful, flirting, varies by thread and who I might be posting with, especially if posting back and forth on one of the word game threads.

Mm, I miss more threads like "Litiquette" too. More threads with serious discussions about all kinds of topics would be nice. On the GB it always gets "mweh".

Much of what I post tends to be on the superficial side of me. Off thread, in PMs or other avenues of digital transportation, discussions can become very meaningful, deep and are most welcomed. Some folks need someone to talk to in a time of trouble and an anonymous set of ears (or eyes as the case may be) over the interwebs can be a good outlet. A number of times, completely unintentionally, posts have lead to such types of discussions. While it is not a direct motivation to post, it can at times lead to developing a wonderful rapport with someone which is a positive posting side effect.

My motivations to post (or not to post as well) are often a mystery even to me. At times it's because I find I have something to say, other times it's to stave off my real life, still others reaching out to the universe to find some humanity. I lurk around for a bit and if I find that I don't have much to say, I'll just take off and come back another time. Lately I've had far to much to say, but this isn't the right audience, so I've moved along.

Good morning Litiquette-izans. I hope you find Tuesday as the song goes "...a many splendored thing".

You read and you react, sometimes outwardly, sometimes only to yourself. But what causes you to type out a reply. Is it just to be seen, is it because you have great wisdom to impart, is it because you know your post will make so done laugh? Or is it to simply draw attention to yourself.

Mostly because I'm bored.
Today, for example, my friends are all on holiday or spending time with their boyfriends/husbands/lesleybean-lovers, or children.
My child is watching some pre-pubescent shit and making loom bands.
These people are all fucking inconsiderate, so I'm here annoying the Lit population.
You're welcome! :D

Good morning Litiquette-izans. I hope you find Tuesday as the song goes "...a many splendored thing".

You read and you react, sometimes outwardly, sometimes only to yourself. But what causes you to type out a reply. Is it just to be seen, is it because you have great wisdom to impart, is it because you know your post will make so done laugh? Or is it to simply draw attention to yourself.

To show of my great wisdom of course.

Sometimes I just want to play a game, sharpen my wits or have some fun though.

Much of what I post tends to be on the superficial side of me. Off thread, in PMs or other avenues of digital transportation, discussions can become very meaningful, deep and are most welcomed. Some folks need someone to talk to in a time of trouble and an anonymous set of ears (or eyes as the case may be) over the interwebs can be a good outlet. A number of times, completely unintentionally, posts have lead to such types of discussions. While it is not a direct motivation to post, it can at times lead to developing a wonderful rapport with someone which is a positive posting side effect.

Yes, this (the sentence I 'fatted') has happened to me also. It is always most satisfying.

Can't be true, someone recognizing a potential thread derail and stepping back? That's just crazy!

*waves at the moderator

I would never want to be the one to derail your thread, Chained.

Unzip your pants, maybe. But never derail your thread.

Derailing threads, collectively we have a love/hate relationship with the concept. Seems everyone enjoys being the derailer, but nobody likes a thread that can never stay on topic. I think that people enjoy detailing threads because it gets them noticed, taking the "spotlight" from the topic and putting it on themselves. Others, I think, enjoy the perceived power that it demonstrates.

So, I ask you, why do you enjoy derailing threads, and don't say you don't! :cool:

Last edited:
Derailing threads, collectively we have a love/hate relationship with the concept. Seems everyone enjoys being the derailer, but nobody likes a thread that can never stay on topic. I think that people enjoy detailing threads because it gets them noticed, taking the "spotlight" from the topic and putting it on themselves. Others, I think, enjoy the perceived power that it demonstrates.

So, I ask you, why do you enjoy detailing threads, and don't say you don't! :cool:

I love detailed threads! The information, the new things I learn, just marvelous. Absolutely the right thing for my curious mind.

I love derailed threads too, if the derailing doesn't go on for too long, is witty and if I don't get the "get-yourselves-a-room-feeling" while reading the posts.

Last edited by ChainedUp : Today at 12:12 PM. Reason: Because my typing sucks

No dear, not at all!

So, I ask you, why do you enjoy derailing threads, and don't say you don't! :cool:

I never mean to derail threads. Sometimes it just happens. :( I think there are some people on Lit who do enjoy it and intentionally derail them.

I often don't mind a thread derailing if ti's kept in fun or witty and gets back on track with relative ease. Those that intentionally derail for attention make me want to get all stabby with a fork.

Then again, this is Lit so what do I expect?

my intentions are rarely to derail a thread permanently. I'm a blurter and a one-liner. If I see an opportunity for a laugh, I'll jump on it.
That's not to say my "funnies" always translate, and that is to be expected when you're only communicating through the written word.

I ALWAYS anticipate the glossing over of many of my posts. If one strikes a chord, great! Mission Accomplished....if no one responds, I move on to the next opportunity to make someone chuckle..

And, I have been known to get serious at times. Someone needs to just 'Gibbs slap' me when that happens...:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back