The Literotica Tag team competition?

Hmm... Wonder would LC would think about that one. And I wonder if his partner fishes.

Effing Flyers just scored.

In related news, I just discovered twenty minutes ago that we have the NHL Network. We got HD a couple weeks ago, and I didn't realize we got it.

And somehow we're getting the Bruins game, even though the guide said Flyers/Pens.

Hockey in HD is excellent. Any sport is, really.

Thanks, didn't know about the game. Hmm. I wondered if you had some sort of game blackout b/c they were playing in P'burgh, but that's tomorrow. Go Flyers. :)

Hmm... Wonder would LC would think about that one. And I wonder if his partner fishes.

Effing Flyers just scored.

In related news, I just discovered twenty minutes ago that we have the NHL Network. We got HD a couple weeks ago, and I didn't realize we got it.

And somehow we're getting the Bruins game, even though the guide said Flyers/Pens.

With HD, can you see the puck?

Oh wait, it's still hockey. Nevermind. :)

Hockey in HD is excellent. Any sport is, really.

Thanks, didn't know about the game. Hmm. I wondered if you had some sort of game blackout b/c they were playing in P'burgh, but that's tomorrow. Go Flyers. :)

It probably is a black out, but it's working for us! Let's go B's!

With HD, can you see the puck?

Oh wait, it's still hockey. Nevermind. :)

I used to watch on a 20 or so" black and white TV with my father. I learned how to track the puck under the worst conditions. (His HD flat screen is 56" or 59" now.)

PennLady is right about sports and HD. First HD football game I saw on my flat screen confused me when the lines on the field looked blurry. Then I realized, "Crap, that's the grass!"

Been a while since I've watched hockey - aren't they digitally tracing the puck for idjits like me?

PennLady is right about sports and HD. First HD football game I saw on my flat screen confused me when the lines on the field looked blurry. Then I realized, "Crap, that's the grass!"

Been a while since I've watched hockey - aren't they digitally tracing the puck for idjits like me?

I have seen games where the do, but not recently.

This is a neat article on the glowing puck. http://www.slate.com/articles/sport...orst_blunder_in_tv_sports_history_or_was.html

Were it not for the puck, we might not have our virtual first-down lines and lines of scrimmage in football, and other nifty little additions.

Flyers win. Woo hoo.

To a hockey purist, that glowing puck was sacreligious. The first down line in football, however, is awesome.

To a hockey purist, that glowing puck was sacreligious. The first down line in football, however, is awesome.

I prefer to watch hockey live. On tv it's too damn easy to lose the puck. I also prefer racing live, you can't get the sound, smell, and vibrations on tv.

I guess I'm not a purist. I didn't mind the puck. And from the NHL's point of view, they were trying to attract fans. To do that, they wanted to make the game easier to follow and view, and this was the attempt at a solution. I'm not saying it was great, or worked, but it never really bothered me.

But then I'm like that.

Everything I know about Ice Hockey has come from watching Disney's The Mighty Ducks... Quack. quack, quack!

Slapshot is the best hockey movie IMHO. Paul Newman at his best.

A Canadian friend of mine claims Goon is the best hockey movie and has been trying to get me to watch it for a long time, I will get to it eventually, I am sure but I am a little bit more Disney than most people to start with lol! More chance of me watching Miracle on Ice or The cutting edge.

A Canadian friend of mine claims Goon is the best hockey movie and has been trying to get me to watch it for a long time, I will get to it eventually, I am sure but I am a little bit more Disney than most people to start with lol! More chance of me watching Miracle on Ice or The cutting edge.
I've heard that too. On my to watch list.

I guess I'm not a purist. I didn't mind the puck. And from the NHL's point of view, they were trying to attract fans. To do that, they wanted to make the game easier to follow and view, and this was the attempt at a solution. I'm not saying it was great, or worked, but it never really bothered me.

But then I'm like that.

And then there was the two year strike. Or was it only one year? Whatever, they lost a ton of fans. I was one. Since the strike, I haven't even been interested in hockey.

My new interest, believe it or not, is Soccer or (not American) football and I used to intensely dislike Soccer.

They keep talking about trying to eliminate fighting.

Bad enough the NFL is two seasons away from flag football, they want to wimp hockey out as well

They keep talking about trying to eliminate fighting.

Bad enough the NFL is two seasons away from flag football, they want to wimp hockey out as well

Yeah no shit. Hockey would suck with out the possibility of a throwdown here and there. Best game I was ever at, was the first game between Colorado and Detroit in 97 after CO won the cup.
In the play-offs Claude Lemieux smashed Kris Draper into the board bad enough that he needed surgery afterward. First time they met the following season...I think the gloves hit the ice before the puck did. Even Patrick Roy left the goal to fuck somebody up. THAT was an awesome experience.

Back