Life Is Beautiful

It and you are very welcome. Mayhap some body will find inspiring in spur-aye-shun from it. And I'm a little punch drunk from lack of sleep so I'm seeing it and thinking of this...

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aW85s8wX1LE

Which is a beautiful combination of song and paper art.

That's a gorgeous song. I'll try to write something to live up to the thread.

And tso, it's an x-ray of a flower, literally its negative. Yes, I have a stoopid sense of humor. :D

Anyway, dead flowers can be beautiful. People press em and put them in albums and such. Duality is a beautiful thing!

That's a gorgeous song. I'll try to write something to live up to the thread.

And tso, it's an x-ray of a flower, literally its negative. Yes, I have a stoopid sense of humor. :D

Anyway, dead flowers can be beautiful. People press em and put them in albums and such. Duality is a beautiful thing!

Liking you more and more. I realized the pic was a negative but not that it was an X-ray. Way to layer up!

EDIT: embrace your stoopid humor and write something to live down :D post it on shits and giggles.

Liking you more and more. I realized the pic was a negative but not that it was an X-ray. Way to layer up!

EDIT: embrace your stoopid humor and write something to live down :D

Ditto. Nice to make your acquaintance. :)

Oh the little violet
has shrunk into the mud
eternal returns for slugs
and worms a gooey
remain of what was

once tucked behind
a child's ear or proud
in a lapel will soon
enough spring up
anew popped from
a seed dropped by a bird
a weed for a bee to love.

Ditto. Nice to make your acquaintance. :)

Oh the little violet
has shrunk into the mud
eternal returns for slugs
and worms a gooey
remain of what was

once tucked behind
a child's ear or proud
in a lapel will soon
enough spring up
anew popped from
a seed dropped by a bird
a weed for a bee to love.

I quite like this. We feed the birds, bees, butterflies, frogs and many other creatures and we keep all the 'weeds' if they're native plants.

We feed the birds, bees, butterflies, frogs and many other creatures and we keep all the 'weeds' if they're native plants.

Okay, now I'm going to brag. Not only do I have birds, bees, butterflies, frogs and weeds in my back yard, I have squirrels, rabbits, possums, skunks, raccoons, foxes, and deer. Not all at once, of course, but that's only a partial list. :)

Okay, now I'm going to brag. Not only do I have birds, bees, butterflies, frogs and weeds in my back yard, I have squirrels, rabbits, possums, skunks, raccoons, foxes, and deer. Not all at once, of course, but that's only a partial list. :)

We had a bear wander by our house a few times last spring. None so far this year which is good as I prefer to consider bears beautiful from afar... :eek:

We have river otters. No gators for the past couple of years. Also no deer or foxes, I'd love to see foxes, beautiful creatures. We've also had wild turkeys. Oh and all the cranes some to eat the tadpoles. Plus the pair of hawks that nest nearby and like one of our trees for a day perch.

We have river otters. No gators for the past couple of years. Also no deer or foxes, I'd love to see foxes, beautiful creatures. We've also had wild turkeys. Oh and all the cranes some to eat the tadpoles. Plus the pair of hawks that nest nearby and like one of our trees for a day perch.

Now I'm envious. River otters? That's awesome. I love those critters.

We had a bear wander by our house a few times last spring. None so far this year which is good as I prefer to consider bears beautiful from afar... :eek:

I'm not sure I believe it myself, but the other night as I was driving along about three miles from my house, which is about five miles from a medium sized city in Indiana, I saw a very large cat running away from the road, and if I didn't know better, I'd say it must have been a cougar. Definitely the right color, and it had a long tail. It didn't seem to be the size of a fully mature cougar, however.

I'm not sure I believe it myself, but the other night as I was driving along about three miles from my house, which is about five miles from a medium sized city in Indiana, I saw a very large cat running away from the road, and if I didn't know better, I'd say it must have been a cougar. Definitely the right color, and it had a long tail. It didn't seem to be the size of a fully mature cougar, however.

Cougar
Just coming
Of age

Slinks and creeps
Too near dangerous
Waters

Runs back
To security
Of family

Cougar
Just coming
Of age

Slinks and creeps
Too near dangerous
Waters

Runs back
To security
Of family

When I got home I got on line to see if there have been any confirmed sightings of cougars in Indiana, and there have been. There are lots of coyotes around here, but you mostly just hear them. Don't see them often. I think the deer are bringing back the predators.

Trix, i put the quill aside, and sealed the ink some time ago. So don't encourage the madman.
The corner of proctor and frye is in peoria. We've all been there.
It's where the grocery store is that Fogleberg spoke of in "another auld lang syne"
That's where my mind lives.
Remembering moments.
What was, what might've been, perhaps could be. Chance happenings, lightning, magic.
Reflection and dreams.
LadyVer~have you been copying from my paper? I'm glad you're out in the fresh air.
Tsotha~i visit that neighborhood often, but we mustn't live there.
There's no hope or vision on that dead end street.
I'm beaten down, but not defeated.

Hey pensive. Fogelberg is greatly missed. Glad to know there are kindred spirits around.

:rose:

Ya know, LadyV, i drove to alaska, back in the 80's, on a whim, alone, near dead broke, in a beater. Best trip ever!
And i'd listen to fogelbergs "high country snow" i'd look at the cover, Dan in a full beard, and i'd think, "damn! If i looked like him, i'd get laid all the time."
Now he's been dead for a long time. But i'm pretty sure he got laid plenty.

I have most of those critters,cept no bears. But i also have bobcats, coyotes, and giant rattlesnakes in my yard, along with the sneaky and meaner copperheads.
I love to sit on the porch and just watch the hawks soaring above the ridge.
In montana last yr, i had a big mountain lion jump out in front of my truck, and take 2 leaps across a 4 lane highway. I swear the tail was 7 ft and i didn't know that kind of speed existed.
I swore then, i'd never go playin in a montana forest again!

Ya know, LadyV, i drove to alaska, back in the 80's, on a whim, alone, near dead broke, in a beater. Best trip ever!
And i'd listen to fogelbergs "high country snow" i'd look at the cover, Dan in a full beard, and i'd think, "damn! If i looked like him, i'd get laid all the time."
Now he's been dead for a long time. But i'm pretty sure he got laid plenty.

Yeah, he was rather attractive. :)

Well if we're going to talk yummy singers/band members, these young gents are at the top of my list.

2012MumfordAndSons02AWH080812.jpg

Attachments

• 2012MumfordAndSons02AWH080812.jpg
    2012MumfordAndSons02AWH080812.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Ok, a new fork in this road.
I'm straight, but Damien Rice?
Damn! He almost could make me change direction.
And music? Wow. The dude is so innovative, edgy, original.
Almost makes me swoon

I have most of those critters,cept no bears. But i also have bobcats, coyotes, and giant rattlesnakes in my yard, along with the sneaky and meaner copperheads.
I love to sit on the porch and just watch the hawks soaring above the ridge.
In montana last yr, i had a big mountain lion jump out in front of my truck, and take 2 leaps across a 4 lane highway. I swear the tail was 7 ft and i didn't know that kind of speed existed.
I swore then, i'd never go playin in a montana forest again!

I forgot to mention the resident groundhog. He's so fat, you can't miss him. Eats your strawberries right in front of you. Not the least bit guilty about it, either, from all appearances.

Ok, a new fork in this road.
I'm straight, but Damien Rice?
Damn! He almost could make me change direction.
And music? Wow. The dude is so innovative, edgy, original.
Almost makes me swoon

Ok, like you a little more now :D. Love love love Damien's voice. How about Ray LaMontagne, Empty, Trouble, Shelter and oh yum Let It Be Me. Now there's music to inspire erotica ;)

Edit: oh and Ray is one of the few guys who I actually like facial hair on.

Last edited:
Back